Art Nouveau bedroom with brown laminate on one of the walls
An extraordinary solution – a laminate on the wall in the bedroom – is chosen by many modern designers. Why did such a finish migrate from the floor to the walls and even to the ceiling? This is worth understanding in detail..
Modern small bedroom with laminate at the head of the bed
Using laminate to decorate one of the bedroom walls
Spacious bright bedroom with large windows and wood trim wall at the head of the bed
Diagonally positioned brown laminate as a headboard decoration
Contemporary Scandinavian bedroom with podium bed and laminate walls
Interesting bedroom interior with glossy laminate on one of the walls
Laminate is considered to be a floor covering that has proven itself to be excellent. The material consists of 4 layers:
- The base, which can be wood-based material or solid wood.
- Pressed paper treated with a special compound that makes it waterproof.
- The decorative layer is also paper, but a characteristic embossing and color is applied to it. This is the main layer that determines the appearance of the material..
- The protective layer is exactly the same lamination. It is transparent and reliably protects the decorative layer from damage.
Laminate at the head of the bed serves as an original decoration for the bedroom
Eco-style bedroom with a beautiful brown laminate on the wall
Laminate on one of the bedroom walls in addition to the laminate on the floor
Note! Even the smallest class 21 laminate can be installed on the wall in the bedroom. Since there will be no strong mechanical or thermal influences in this room.
Laminate on the wall is not yet very popular in our country.
White laminate on one of the walls looks good with light brown laminate on the bedroom floor
Non-standard wall decoration found its supporters and opponents.
- Convenience and ease of installation. This is not wallpaper or even plaster – everything is much simpler. Although this technology is somewhat more complicated than floor mounting, it is still not that difficult..
- Price. Buying wooden panels for walls is much more expensive than laminate.
- Wear resistance. This criterion is important, but not critical for the bedroom. Such a finish in the bedroom will not wear out, and you will have to replace it only if you get tired of it..
- Soundproofing properties of laminate. A huge plus is that it does not let sounds through.
- Impact resistance, moisture resistance, heat resistance – these are properties that are useful for any room.
- Options for colors and textures. Laminate on the wall in the interior of the bedroom can be used both traditional and with imitation of other textures, such as tiles, stone, wood. At the same time, you can get away from the shortcomings of these materials..
- Decorative effect. The originality of such a solution is above all. Using different installation methods, you can create different visual effects, zone without walls and focus on a particular surface.
- Ease of maintenance. The laminate is not smeared, as is the case with painted or papered walls. No fungus or mold forms on the surface, which means that the material is also hygienic.
Brown laminate on the wall contrasts with the white walls and ceiling
The original version of the lighting installed on the wall in the laminate
Small cozy bedroom with light laminate on the wall
Attic bedroom with light wood laminate on the wall and part of the ceiling
Opponents of wall decoration with laminate in the bedroom give the following reasons:
- Susceptibility to environmental conditions. The service life will be shortened in the event of a sudden change in temperature / humidity, and this leads to additional costs. If suddenly the neighbors flood from above, then you will have to completely change the finish..
- Demanding to the surface. Walls need to be prepared, because the material is very picky about the evenness of the surface.
- Limited scope of application. All walls in the bedroom should not be trimmed with this material; it is suitable as an accent on a section of the wall. The maximum is allowed to finish one wall with this method..
Note! The laminate on the wall in the bedroom will look harmonious if you combine it with the general design solution of this room, which is desirable to be reinforced with textiles..
To lay laminate flooring on walls, they need to be perfectly aligned.
As a rule, only one bedroom wall is distinguished with a laminate, more often the head of the bed
Laminate on the wall at the head of the bed partially extends to the ceiling
Modern bedroom with brown laminate on one of the walls
The design of a bedroom with a laminate will look organic if you do not overdo it with the amount of material. The most common finish is on the wall behind the headboard..
Important! It is necessary to select the color of the laminate for the walls in accordance with the color of the furniture – this will create the integrity of the interior.
It is advisable not to overload a wall decorated with a laminate with decor, since this element itself is visually powerful. Although the material may well withstand shelves and other hanging elements.
Laminate flooring is easy to clean both on the floor and on the wall
Beautiful glossy laminate on the bedroom wall looks good in a modern interior
Stylish modern bedroom with laminate on the wall and floor
Laminate on the walls should match the overall color of the bedroom furniture
For different bedroom styles, you need to use different laminate styles, including:
- Modern style. A variety of styles fit into it, including non-standard ones. Brightly colored panels, lacquered.
- In a classic interior, it is better to use natural wood shades..
- Provence style involves the use of light laminate and bleached panels.
- Country. A laminate that imitates lining, a natural wood texture, is suitable. It is worth taking a closer look at the collections with brushed, embossed.
Advice! If you put the laminate not only on the wall at the headboard, but also partially on the ceiling, you can carry out non-standard zoning.
Children’s bedroom with laminate on the wall in a Scandinavian style
Modern bright bedroom with laminate on the wall and carpet on the floor
A small attic bedroom is decorated with a laminate flooring one of the walls.
Classic bedroom with laminate on the wall and bright accessories
There are several ways to mount the laminate to the wall – glue and on the crate.
It is considered more time consuming, although it is not at all difficult to implement. Surface preparation consists of leveling. Level difference over the plane of more than 3 mm is not allowed. If the installation of the laminate on the wall in the bedroom is carried out in a city apartment, then the most reasonable way out is to level the wall with drywall.
In private houses, there is often no such problem with the evenness of the wall, even if there is, then the drop and defects are not so significant, you can do with plaster. After alignment, you can proceed directly to the installation of laminated panels.
In the process, you will need the following tools:
- Silicone and dispenser (gun) for it.
- Hacksaw or jigsaw.
- Pencil and ruler.
- The laminate itself.
Loft style bedroom with dark brown laminate on one wall and decorative stone on the other
Eco-style bedroom with light laminate, olive curtains and a bedspread
Traditional bedroom with two types of laminate
Laminate for walls, as a rule, is matched to the color of the furniture.
Advice! For gluing the laminate to the wall, it is best to use silicone – it fits smoother on the board and does not give all sorts of bulges and humps, like liquid nails.
You need to start installation from the floor and move up. If only a part of the wall is decorated with a laminate, then before installation you need to install a support bar on which the first and subsequent rows will rest. At the same time, it is important to check the level of installation, otherwise the laminate that goes awry will look very messy..
If gaps have formed between the canvases, they can be treated with transparent silicone..
Fusion style bedroom with laminate walls
Laminate is quite easy to install
Unusual gray laminate flooring in a small bedroom
Black laminate on the wall of the bedroom in the art nouveau style
On the crate
In order to mount a laminate using this method, you don’t have to worry about the evenness of the walls, because it is not important here..
The lathing will consist of wooden blocks with a cross section of 3 x 3 cm, and they must all be the same. When installing the battens, you need to control the level of the bars. The distance between them is no more than 30 cm. Mineral wool can be placed in the resulting space to improve thermal insulation.
Important! There should be a small distance between the floor and the first panel of the laminate – this is the ventilation gap.
The panels are attached to the bars using small nails that are driven into the lock connection.
You can also combine two options. In order not to level the wall, a crate is created. Laminate is laid on it with glue.
Laminate looks quite harmonious on the wall of a modern bedroom
Laminate on the wall is suitable for different interior styles
Country style bedroom with light beige laminate on the walls
Beautiful laminate flooring on the wall will brighten any bedroom
The design of the walls in the bedroom using laminate is a profitable and affordable solution. At the same time, the interior will be original and environmentally friendly. Installation of panels on the wall can be done by hand by choosing the appropriate option. It is important to choose the right color and amount of finish so as not to overdo it..