Bathroom tile panel options: 185+ (Photo) Wall options
The bathroom is the place where you want to feel comfortable and secluded. Where at the end of a working day you want to put your thoughts in order, relax and unwind. And this can be facilitated not only by a warm shower or bath, but also by the appropriate interior design..
Any bathroom can be dramatically transformed with a tile pattern. An ordinary buyer can choose his own version of the decor from a wide variety that manufacturers offer. In addition, the tiled composition will not only decorate the room, but also serve as a durable wall covering in a room with high humidity..
Bathroom decoration with panel has recently become a popular option, since almost any design solutions are being implemented. The decor is made using a special technology that increases the resistance of the coating to moisture and prevents fading. Also, the surface of the tile protects the pattern from high temperatures and aggressive household chemicals..
The bathroom is the place where you want to feel comfortable and secluded
Decorating a bathroom with a tile composition is gaining more and more relevance over time.. When choosing a finishing material, you should focus on the following aspects:
- long term of use;
- the strength of the finish;
- image resistance to high humidity, cleaning agents and temperature changes;
- affordable price.
A room can be effectively transformed with a tile pattern
When buying a kit, you need to pay attention to the material from which it is made. As an economical option, you can choose ceramic tiles. In addition to her, wall panels are used to create decor. panels, porcelain stoneware structures, mosaic finishing.
Varieties of composition
To decorate your bathroom, it is worth exploring the different types of wall art. The type of design depends on the material that was taken as the basis for the finish.
Has image resistance to high humidity
The dimensions of the decorative painting directly depend on the total area of the bathroom. The chosen design is able to smooth out some imperfections in the room and emphasize the external advantages. In a large bathroom, you can install an overall structure. A drawing lined with ceramic tiles will do.. For the bathroom, they often choose:
- marine flora and fauna.
A picture, which should be installed in any corner, will help to make a small bathroom visually higher and wider. The drawing should be without a plot. Lthe best option would be abstraction or the image of thin lines.
The size of the painting depends on the area of the room.
Wall panels are performed in different interpretations:
- Photopanel is a relatively young type of decoration. You can create it from any photos. Most often they use photos of media personalities, animals, plants, cityscapes, retro photos, etc..
- For a bathroom of a small area, it is better to apply a mirror design of the walls.. Mirror will not only visually expand the boundaries of the room, but also fill it with light. The surface can be decorated with various translucent patterns.
- The walls of a small bathtub can also be decorated with a one-tile painting. The drawing is placed against the background of a tile painted in one tone. Colored spots draw attention to themselves and look original.
- Panels with 3D images are made of modern materials of increased strength.
- Mosaic finishes are most often used to decorate the bathroom. However, the laying of such material is a very laborious process. The image of seashells on a snow-white beach looks beautiful.
Photopanel – a relatively young type of decoration
Mosaic as a decoration material is very popular among designers. The selected image is laid out using small multi-colored tiles with a width of up to 3 cm.Each detail is fixed using a special metal mesh. All elements are made from the following materials:
- Different-textured ceramics. Mosaic tiles are covered with a moisture-resistant glaze, which also protects the surface of the future decor from abrasive wear.
- Glass mosaic looks like crystal. A spectacular image is not afraid of excess moisture. Glass parts do not react to acids and other chemicals.
- The smalt finish is durable and reliable. The technology of production of smalt elements makes it possible to install a spectacular interior lighting when gluing.
- The use of natural and artificial stones allows creating unique compositions when decorating walls. The material can be polished or aged.
Mosaic as a decoration material
The mosaics can be used to create ornaments from Eastern culture, which will give the bathroom a long-lasting spirit of history. Also, modern motives, abstractions, portraits, silhouettes of animals and people, elements of the plant world are created from small pieces..
The essence of the mosaic is that the parts should be placed in random order.. The result is unique patterns. The classic bathroom is decorated with geometric shapes. A room with an interior of Provencal direction is decorated with images of pastel colors or seashells.
Classic bathroom decorated with geometric shapes
Ceramics on the floor
Due to their quality characteristics, ceramic tiles are best suited for decorative finishing of the bathroom floor. The floor covering tolerates mechanical stress well, is not afraid of dampness and has a long service life. The technical properties of the tile panel in the bathroom make it possible to put electrical elements under the decorative material to install the underfloor heating system.
It will be interesting to look at a tile laid out in the form of a rose. However, this kind of ceramic image is suitable for a spacious room. The coating surface should be matte or glossy. Among the patterns, marine themes, shells, paintings by famous artists are often used..
The floor covering tolerates mechanical stress well
Ceramic wall panel
To create a composition in the bathroom, you can choose ceramic tiles of various textures and colors.. The popularity of ceramic materials is also due to its distinctive properties:
- ease of laying tiles;
- low cost;
- suitable characteristics for use;
- resistance to contact with household chemicals;
- resistance to mechanical stress;
- ability to withstand temperature changes.
Ceramic tiles with tulips
Along with all the advantages, the tiled floor has some disadvantages. The main disadvantage of tiles is fragility..
Ways of applying an ornament
The pattern is applied to a ceramic surface in several ways:
- printing followed by firing is a long and expensive method. Using this method, the image can be applied even to a ribbed surface;
- sublimation printing is a faster and cheaper technique;
- decal is a decal method. Decal is the most functional option;
- the cheapest way is to use UV ink.
Painting the wall in a nautical theme
When choosing a photo tile, it is necessary to take into account the place where the installation will take place, and the presence of high humidity. The decal technique is best used in a bathroom with good lighting and a constant level of humidity..
The cheapest cladding is used in rooms with low humidity and a low risk of mechanical damage..
Features of porcelain stoneware
The porcelain stoneware finish has a long service life and strength properties. The quality of the material is superior to the tiled counterpart. Porcelain stoneware has a low level of water absorption compared to other types of finishes.
Porcelain stoneware finish has a long service life
Porcelain stoneware tiles have the following advantages:
- suitable for use in wet rooms;
- it is distinguished by its reliability and high resistance to scratches;
- images of varying complexity are applied;
- just take care of the material.
AdviceIt should be remembered that this type of finish is very slippery and is not recommended for flooring. Glazed and polished surface tiles are used for wall decoration.
To create decorative in the bathroom, most designers prefer photo tiles. Using this material, you can create images in the richest and brightest colors. It is also possible to choose any pattern. Photo tiles are used to decorate not only small areas of the bathroom, but also the entire wall..
With photo tiles, you can create images in the richest and brightest colors.
When buying a photo tile for a wall panel, it is recommended to opt for the following options:
- the image of wildlife or beaches of exotic countries. Waterfalls, fish, shells and jellyfish will look harmonious in the interior of the bathroom. The image of small boats with white sails will become romantic;
- for a bathroom decorated in various styles, floral ornaments are suitable. Orchids look spectacular close-up;
- many designers use family photos for panels.
From this type of tile, you can make a whole image or break it into separate parts. To make the selected picture on the whole wall, use high-resolution photos. For a small canvas that can be placed in different parts of the bathroom, the costs will be much less..
Choosing a few small sized photos is a good option. Photo tile is suitable for framing a doorway or mirror. You can also trim a niche with it and install a beautiful backlight there..
This type of tile can be used to make a solid image.
A glass panel can have a matte, corrugated or smooth surface. It looks like a glass composition, which is used to decorate an empty area on the wall. Such designs can be equipped with various backlights. Pieces of glass with dimensions of 10×10 are painted in different shades and laid out beautiful compositions from them.
The glass picture in the bathroom has some features:
- they are able to create bright accents in the interior of the room;
- appropriate for rooms decorated in modern design directions;
- glass panels with a mirror surface will look interesting. During the installation of special lighting, holographic patterns are applied.
Can be matte, corrugated or smooth
A picture created from one tile contains a certain plot. Features of this type are as follows:
- for the main image, geometric shapes, large flowers, animal silhouettes are used;
- the drawing is applied in a bas-relief way;
- the composition is often supplemented with ceramic structures;
- used mainly for finishing narrow spaces.
Carefully selected single tiles make it possible to decorate the bathroom wall with original compositions.
Design in black
The most popular option for decorating a wall is a prefab image. The general plot consists of parts, each of which is applied to a separate tile.
Features of the prefabricated panel are as follows:
- the whole image is assembled from individual parts;
- the elements are combined in such a way that the joints are not visible as a result;
- sizes sometimes reach three meters;
- in shape, the coating can be square or rectangular. The composition can be made round or oval..
Bright room decoration
The large image should be centered on the entire wall.
With 3D drawing
A panel with a 3D effect appeared not so long ago. Modern technologies are used for its production, so the image on the tile looks very realistic. The photoprint applied to the material must be fired further.. As a result of this process, the product is completely protected from the damaging effects of moisture. During firing, the paints penetrate deeply into the surface and are fixed there. A special glaze is applied on top of the tile.
A panel with a 3D image is considered a unique material
3D painting has significant advantages:
- long term of use;
- mold resistance;
- ease of installation;
- ease of care;
- hypoallergenic characteristics;
- high impact resistance.
A panel with a 3D effect appeared not so long ago
A panel with a 3D image is considered a unique material, since it radically changes the perception of space and time.
A freesize panel or free-size design was created specifically for rooms of non-standard heights. The advantage of this type of composition is that the owner of the room can decide for himself what height his future panel will be. The main thing is that the picture harmoniously fits into the atmosphere of the room..
The plot of the scenery is divided into three separate parts: middle, beginning and end. The main role in such a puzzle is played by the middle, due to which the panel can be lengthened by any amount. The middle part of the plot consists of tiles, on which one drawing is applied. The first and third squares cannot be swapped or added another tile to them, since the beginning and end of the image are placed on them.
An illustrative example will help to understand this better. The panel shows a tree. The plot begins where the trunk comes out of the ground. The end of the drawing is the crown. The trunk itself is the middle. So it can be extended even up to a five-meter height, simply by laying identical tiles one after another..
There is another type of free size – a tile on which a pattern is applied that has no boundaries.. That is, it will not be possible to add a specific picture from them. The panel is represented by a scattering of elements created in order to create a randomly chosen pattern. Tiles can be connected in any order you like.
As a result, you can lay out:
- starry sky;
- abstract composition;
- flower meadow;
- combining different patterns from one set.
Rules for choosing a decorative composition
The panel is, first of all, a finishing material. Therefore, when choosing a suitable pattern, you should be based on the shades of the room and its dimensions. For a small bathroom, it is better to choose a monochromatic composition with small eye-catching images.. The drawing should be in pastel colors so that bright colors do not hide the space.. Dark and contrasting tiles are suitable for large rooms.
The selected composition should harmoniously fit with the general design style:
- for a bathroom decorated in retro style, select panels with an abstract pattern;
- tiles with marine motifs promote relaxation. These can be ships, beach landscapes, fish, shells, and more. Such a composition is combined with an interior in the style of the Mediterranean;
- graphic patterns and mosaics are suitable for an ethnic bathroom;
For a small bathroom, it is better to choose a monochromatic composition.
- the classics or baroque style can be supplemented with tiles of gentle colors, which depict landscapes, butterflies or flowers;
- an oriental bathroom will become special if you use unusual ornaments and bright colors. Do not limit your imagination, you can use an abundance of colors;
- bathroom style country should be decorated in restrained colors. A light mosaic with a matte surface welcomes;
- natural motives are typical for small spaces. For decoration, tiles are used that imitate wood, leather or bamboo. Shells are also popular.
In brown tones
A panel of tiles in the bathroom is selected based on the preferences of the owners of the house, the size of the room and its interior. You can choose an inexpensive option or order a more expensive decor from a designer.
It will be interesting for you:
Bathroom Design with and without a Sink: Choosing Furniture (165+ Photos). What to give preference to?
Bathroom mirror with Illumination (200+ Photos): Practicality and originality of the idea. Choosing additional accessories (socket / clock / heating)
Small Bathroom Tiles (150+ Design Photos): The Optimal Combination Of Style And Decor
Design and decoration of the bathroom with plastic panels 110+ Photos – Fast and cheap way to decorate
Modern trendy small bathroom design 2017 – What you need to know?
Advantages and disadvantages of tiled construction
Decorating walls in a bathroom with tile panels is not a new trend in interior design. This type of finish has been used for many centuries.. Over time, only the format of the tiles changes – new textures and patterns are invented. The range of materials used has also significantly expanded. Ceramic panels, porcelain stoneware and glass compositions have become available to modern designers. Panels and tiles with photo images are popular among apartment owners..
The disadvantages of consumers include the high cost of material and complex styling. For those who do not understand the process of laying the panel, it is better to stop at the photo tile. The selected image is applied to ordinary tiles. The finished tile is attached to the wall in the most usual way. The technique is simple, but as a result the bathroom will acquire its own flavor and uniqueness..
A new trend in interior design
Glass panels look very unusual. They can be supplemented with LED lighting. Glass panels are not popular on the market because they are very expensive. Also, when installing them, some difficulties often arise..
Photo tiles are also made from plastic and wood. Their price is low, but the panel itself is short-lived. This option is used by people who like to often change the style of bathroom decoration..
Color varieties of tiled paintings
The most organic are the compositions, the colors of which completely match the color of the walls in the bathroom. Light images visually push the walls apart and increase the prowanderlust. Warm colors create an intimate atmosphere. Bright accents will fit into almost any design, even modern minimalism, and the appearance will remain original..
This type of finish has been used for many centuries.
Such an unusual combination of colors should not violate the integrity of the composition or get out of it. Attention is paid to the contrast of colors and their correct combination. Tones should overlap not only with the walls, but also with furniture, friezes and plumbing..
Over the centuries, tile panels have changed their shapes, colors, production methods. Modern technologies have made it possible to significantly diversify the drawings and ornaments used in compositions. For this, standard and innovative materials are used, with the help of which there was a wide scope for the designer’s imagination..
The most relevant are ready-made panels. The picture consists of tiles of a standard size with a printed pattern. This is an inexpensive option. It can be decorated according to your wishes and taste with friezes or inserts..
Tones should resonate not only with walls, but also with furniture.
Mosaic is used to create an exclusive interior. Mosaic panels are bought ready-made or ordered according to their own preferences. The composition can be created from many multi-colored small tiles or elements of the same tone. Image options are very different – from drawings with a plot to single figures.
Features of decorating a room depending on its area
The size of the panel also matters and depends on the size of the bathroom. The details of the chosen design will hide the obvious imperfections of the room and improve its interior..
The owners of large rooms use some recommendations about not being modest with the scale. You can come up with something unusual, for example, lay out the entire wall with mosaics. The mosaic panel can depict dolphins, ships, seascapes, wildlife.
Medium sized bathrooms are recommended to be decorated with ornaments on 2/3 of the entire wall. Any theme is suitable for what the imagination of the owners will be capable of.
Bathrooms with modest dimensions should be expanded with a panel placed in one of the corners. The drawing does not have to contain a plot. An abstraction with a minimal amount of bright details with clear contours is often chosen..
The process of going to the bathroom for children can be made more interesting and fun. To do this, the area above the sink or the bath itself must be decorated with a tiled panel depicting cartoon characters or heroes of fairy tales..
Popular drawings in children’s style are cartoons, where the main characters are fish, for example, Dory or Nemo. From fairy tales, you can take those characters that the child loves. Images of wild animals, fairytale fairies, travel theme, bright butterflies and birds, cars and ships are also suitable. It will be interesting for children to take a bathroom surrounded by their favorite characters from books or TV.
There are several ways to transform a bathroom with a combination of multi-colored tiles and different types of panels:
- Classic design. The dark bottom is separated by a frieze from the light top. As a decor, single-tile panels are used, which are placed throughout the entire bright area. Along the upper perimeter, you can make a dark edging, laid out in one tile.
- Horizontal edging. If there is a large amount of furniture in the bathroom, the horizontal design method is used. A dark stripe of one to three tiles separates the light bottom and top. With such a decoration, the arrangement of furniture and equipment should be taken into account so that the drawing does not end up being closed as a result. Dark tiles can be staggered.
- Vertical accents. Panels with a vertical direction highlight static objects. For example, a contrasting composition can be used to highlight the area of the toilet, washbasin, bathtub or shower, while the width of the panel should be slightly smaller than the furniture itself or the plumbing fixture. The image can start at the floor and end at the ceiling if it is not an animal, portrait or photo. For a panel on the entire height of the wall, abstraction, landscapes, mosaics or a monochromatic drawing are suitable. Horizontal lines should not cross such compositions.
Original panel with your own hands
Decorating your bathroom with your own home decor is a pleasure. Moreover, such a finishing option will cost much less than a purchased one. For self-creation of a panel in a bathroom, a mosaic is better suited. As a result, you can get a unique thing that will never be found anywhere else..
For work, unnecessary tiles left over after repairs, or broken debris that were originally planned to be thrown away, will come in handy. There are many methods for creating murals. However, the initial stage is to draw a sketch of the future composition..
The easiest and cheapest way to make a beautiful panel is the decoupage technique.. The drawing is applied to tracing paper or film, and then glued to a specially selected tile. The image is applied after the correct laying of the facing material.
AdviceAfter sticking, the printout should be covered with a colorless varnish, which will provide additional protection of the image from fading or erasure. This method of creating a tiled panel with your own hands is convenient and simple, but it should not be used in rooms with high humidity..
Application of old and innovative technologies
Mosaic is an ancient method of creating decorative tile compositions. The structure is made up of many separate, multi-colored scraps of tiles, glass or stone. For this, beaten or cut ceramic tiles or majolica are often used. The process is very time consuming. It requires minimal skill and experience with mosaics, as well as a considerable amount of time.. But it’s worth going through all the difficulties, because the end result will exceed all expectations, and the bathroom will become unique and inimitable..
This design will take you to the islands
For lovers of modern technology, the application of an ornament on a tile with a special compound, which is very similar to glaze, is suitable. The drawing is applied by printing or by hand. But for creating a panel at home, this method is not suitable, since in the future, the painted tiles must undergo a heat treatment process.
Regardless of the chosen method of creating a tiled panel, the decor made with your own hands is able to give the bathroom interior an absolute exclusivity. With such a panel, you can decorate the entire wall, its separate section, a niche, frame a mirror or a doorway with it. With the help of such decoration, you can interestingly zone the bathroom, highlighting the area of the washbasin, bath or shower room booths.
In turquoise color