Interior of a small kitchen-living room in a modern style
Combining a kitchen with a living room is becoming more and more popular every day. In such a room, it is convenient to receive guests, doing household chores, gathering with the whole family or watching a child, without interrupting food preparation. Before proceeding with the repair, it is worth planning all the needs so that every centimeter is realized with maximum efficiency.!
Stylish chandelier in the living area
When creating a kitchen-living room project, as a rule, zoning is used to visually divide the room into two or three parts. A plasterboard partition is perfect for this purpose. But there are other options:
- Furniture zoning. The easiest and most affordable way is to fence off the living room with a sofa, refrigerator or dining table. The implementation of such an idea does not require additional costs, while the task is fully completed.
Zoning with kitchen cabinets
Panoramic windows will make the room much brighter
- Separation by color. Distinguishing zones using different colors is not difficult. The main rule is harmony and compatibility. It is necessary to carefully select the color scheme, taking into account all the nuances: the colors of furniture, household appliances and finishes.
- Various finishes. Despite the fact that the kitchen and living room are combined, the finish should be different. If the kitchen is dominated by tiles, plastic panels, then the living room can be decorated with laminate and wallpaper. The design of the ceiling can also be different and perform the function of dividing into zones.
- Contrast lighting. The light in the kitchen next to the work area should be more intense than in the living room. Several original fixtures can be added to the main light. This will not only decorate the room, but also help in the work in the kitchen..
- Creating a level for the kitchen. If you make the floor of the kitchen and living room at different levels, you get a modern, stylish design. This method allows you to use different floor finishes with a fairly harmonious combination due to the raised kitchen covering.
Designer advice! Combine several types of zoning. A partition can be a very interesting solution if you add glass or bright panels to it. You can use multiple options at once to make the separation clearer.
In the interior of any room, decoration plays a huge role, and the kitchen-living room is no exception. When choosing a material for the ceiling, you need to take into account its durability, since the high humidity in the kitchen requires practical characteristics..
Advice! If it is not possible to install suspended ceilings, you can paint them with water-based paint. Glossy canvas is perfect for a small room, expanding the space through the play of light.
Beautiful interior in fusion style
Brickwork will help emphasize the style of the loft
When decorating the walls in the kitchen area, it is also imperative to take into account the specifics of the room. The materials must be temperature-resistant, easy to clean and strong enough. Usually, a kitchen apron is decorated with tiles or glass panels. Almost any finish is suitable for the living room, so when choosing, you should be guided by your wishes.
Advice! Do not use too large or bright ornaments, as this will visually reduce the room..
You can decorate the wall in the living room using an original niche, screen or stucco. Ceramic tiles are perfect as flooring for the kitchen. It is easy to use and looks very interesting. For the guest area, you can choose a laminate or parquet. A rug will perfectly fit next to the sofa, making the room more comfortable. Use a light palette of colors to expand your room.
When planning to create a combined design project, it is important to determine what functions the kitchen-living room will perform. In addition to the obvious purpose, this room may also contain a study and even a bedroom, if it is a small studio..
The blue sofa will serve as the border between the two zones.
Kitchen island made of natural wood
The cooking area, no matter how functional the room will be, is best made as compact as possible. A quarter of a room of 15 square meters is enough. m to arrange a kitchen set and a stove. In addition to saving space, you will get a comfortable work area where you can reach any device. The living room usually has a TV and sofa. If space permits, you can add a coffee table and an armchair.
Advice! It is not worth installing bulky walls, as this will significantly reduce the room. It is better to opt for drywall niches. Glossy facades without decor look stylish and modern, while allowing you to place some accessories.
If you need to put a computer table in the kitchen-living room, the best solution is to place it near the window. Since the work requires more light, you can complement the interior with a table lamp or spotlights above the table. If you do not need a table so often, you can install a convertible cabinet, and unfold the table panel only if necessary..
Create a small but comfortable work area
White is ideal for small rooms
Using the living room as a bedroom is a fairly common idea. Therefore, most often the sofa in the room can be easily expanded, giving shelter to oversized guests. A wardrobe bed is considered a more original sleeping place. To place it, it is better to choose a wall farther from the door so that the bed does not obstruct the passage..
Advice! To expand the space, try hanging blinds instead of curtains. They are easier to care for in the kitchen and take up less space..
Before you finally decide whether to break the wall, you need to weigh the pros and cons.
- Increasing space. The absence of additional walls and doors makes it possible not only to save space, but also to visually expand the footage. The room becomes brighter and more spacious.
Beautiful interior of the kitchen combined with the living room, in the style of modernism
- Convenience when communicating with guests and other family members. It is very comfortable to be in the kitchen-living room, you can cook and chat at the same time, look after the baby.
- Dining area layout becomes more efficient. You no longer have to carry plates from the kitchen to the living room to dine in front of the TV. Kitchen-living room allows you to spend time in a cozy atmosphere without any movement.
- The embodiment of stylish design projects and modern solutions. Thanks to the popularity of combining, many interesting ideas have emerged. You can combine styles, use different materials and show your creativity to the fullest.
Zoning space with light sources
Loft style combined kitchen design
- Savings on the purchase of a TV. An additional TV in the kitchen is no longer required, because it is perfectly visible from the living room.
- Diffuse noise and odor throughout the living room. The hood will not be able to completely protect from the noisy neighborhood of the kitchen. If there are not enough rooms in the apartment to retire while cooking, then it is hardly worth combining.
Combining the kitchen and living room has its drawbacks.
Minimalism in kitchen design
- Large cleaning load. In addition to noise and foreign smell, garbage from the kitchen spreads quite quickly. If in the case of an isolated kitchen this process can be controlled, then when combined it is more difficult to do it..
- Additional costs for installing the hood. In the combined design of the ventilation of the room, more attention must be paid, since it will be necessary to install a powerful hood to neutralize odors.