Luxurious wenge kitchen with natural stone countertops
There are many key options that allow you to use such an element as a window sill-countertop in a room: there are a lot of photos of them, so it will be easy for fans of extraordinary solutions to look for original ideas. So, if the window is located near the corner of the room, it is possible to purchase a window sill that smoothly merges into the wall in the form of an arc. In this case, a table is formed by the window sill, at which you can take a meal or do work. If you install such a structure in a bedroom, it will perfectly cope with the role of a dressing table. The space in the room will become more compact and at the same time uniform, which will create many useful effects..
To save space in a small kitchen, you can arrange a countertop window sill as a dining area.
Light kitchen with bright accents on wooden furniture elements. Notice how the countertop sill smoothly goes into the kitchen set
For narrow kitchens, it will be a very interesting solution to arrange the space around the window with wall cabinets, thus fully integrating it into the work area.
There are several basic examples when a window sill acting as a table is designed to solve a situation and beautifully beat free space..
The kitchen of a private house with a non-standard protruding window frame, which allows you to increase the area of the working surface of the window sill-countertop
- When the window is located close to the corner of the room, a smooth transition of the table to the wall will be the right solution, and if you choose the material for making the product and its configuration correctly, you can turn a modest small room into a small cozy nest.
A countertop sill is also suitable for organizing a small work area in your home.
- If the window structure is located in the center of the room, the owners can afford to purchase a window sill with great depth. Racks are usually placed on the sides of the product. It turns out that the window has been integrated into the workspace, as it were, and the window sill will take the form and shape of a full-fledged table top. This option is perfect for a child’s room, when the tabletop will be used for the baby’s study..
With the help of a countertop window sill, you can save free space in the children’s room, which is very important for the child.
- Another proven progressive solution is the use of countertops on the balcony. There are also several options here: you can replace a narrow space with a new countertop, or you can make a dining area and turn the balcony space into a kind of gazebo. If the room cannot boast of a large space, you can use a folding table structure as an option..
Also, the design of the terrace in a private house with the help of a window sill-countertop looks no less impressive.
- The window sill is widely used as a table in the kitchen, not only in small rooms, but also in spacious rooms. This design can be attributed to the dining area, or it can be made as an element of the kitchen set.
Spacious kitchen with a large panoramic window covering almost the entire wall. The countertop window sill looks very organic in this space design option.
A window sill-countertop in the room, options, a photo of which are presented in wide abundance, is the best option for the owner of a modern apartment.
With a huge abundance of structures, it is also important to take into account the fact that the effectiveness of their use depends on the quality of the material from which the product is made..
- For the kitchen, the best option will be a moisture-resistant material, for example, in order for a window sill-countertop to be made, MDF material is relevant, or other resources equipped with a coating that is resistant to moisture.
A countertop window sill in a bright kitchen, made of MDF, which supports the overall mood of the room
- Products made of modern polymers look spectacular and original, through which there is an imitation of a natural stone surface – marble, malachite.
Window sill-table top made of a very practical polymer that imitates the pattern of natural stone
- An expensive and noble option is the installation of marble or granite countertops. This combination will add a luxurious interior to any space..
- If you are planning to implement this idea in houses outside the city, the best option would be to make an interesting countertop made of natural wood..
A very cozy option for decorating a workspace, based on a window sill-countertop, in the corridor of a private house outside the city
Since this idea is relatively new, it is problematic to buy ready-made structures of the required parameters, shapes and materials. But this is not a problem, because a custom-made window sill in a room is an ideal solution..
If the kitchen is small and narrow, the main goal of the owners should be competent planning of the space..
Small kitchen in pastel colors with a wooden kitchen unit and a very practical window sill-worktop
Advice! It is forbidden to overload one part of the kitchen, and leave a lot of free space in the second half. The windowsill can become dysfunctional and ineffective. But on the formed place you can put indoor plants, souvenirs, frames with photos.
Cozy small kitchen in a private house outside the city. Window sill-table top is an excellent solution to save free space
If there is no more space, you can not install the dining table in the kitchen at all, but move it to another place. Thanks to such castling, it will be possible to allocate free space for the dishwasher or for the washing machine, if your bathroom is also small..
You can integrate the necessary electrical equipment into the kitchen set under the countertop window sill
A practical option can be the installation of a folding rack, such a solution will be especially relevant for a small kitchen. In the process of cooking, the main part of the table top goes down so as not to interfere with the process, and after completion before dinner, it returns to its original position.
Advice! If you want to put a folding table in the kitchen, this is best done if you have a wide window sill. While the table is not assembled, free space will act as a stand for pots and other devices.
Thus, a countertop window sill in the kitchen is an effective solution for organizing free space and the best option for decorating it..
The countertop window sill looks very harmonious in kitchens with large panoramic windows on the entire wall
If you want to organize a coffee table or study in the living room, but do not have enough free space for this, why not turn the window sill into a table?
The countertop sill can be used not only in kitchens, it is very practical in other rooms of your home as well.
Advice! You can organically fit the window into the work area if you will place racks and shelves on both sides of the table. In this case, the window sill will be turned into a desktop on which you can put a computer, textbooks for the child’s studies, souvenirs, folders and papers.
A corner tabletop sill is a good option for decorating a student’s workspace. It can be supplemented with shelves and a pencil case for added convenience.
Window sill countertop (material in the nursery can be anything) – a practical solution for a wide range of issues.
Bright nursery for a girl with a very comfortable corner window sill-table top
- A small chest of drawers with drawers can be arranged directly under the countertop.
You can organize additional storage space in the corridor of your home under the original window sill-table top
- The window sill itself acts as a place for the installation of household appliances, electronics.
Luxurious kitchen with a wooden kitchen unit and a panoramic window on the entire wall, decorated with a window sill-countertop
- If there is no heating radiator in the area under the window, such a solution will become quite acceptable and competent..
A simple window sill-table top made of natural wood is perfect for decorating a small workplace
- If there is a heating radiator, the free space can be used as an installation of a false fireplace or other original design that allows you to make the space more structured.
Light spacious living room with a small window sill-table top
- If you want to organize an exquisite style in the bathroom, especially if there is a window structure in it, you can achieve an amazing result by installing a window sill under the sink.
A very atmospheric bathroom with a natural solid wood worktop sill
With the help of a countertop window sill, you can equip a bathroom more compactly and accommodate all the necessary electrical equipment in a small area.
- In the bedroom, the window sill can smoothly transition into the head of the bed, and if you add original curbstones to it, you can decorate the space in the best way.
Cozy bedroom in a private house with a low table-top window sill, which perfectly replaces a bedside table
A tabletop instead of a window sill in a room is an appropriate and effective solution for small spaces and spacious rooms.
Not every person can afford to purchase a finished countertop, even if it is made of artificial stone. If you want to save money, try your hand at being a designer and enjoy the result, you can make your own countertop in the kitchen. To translate the idea into reality, you will need a little experience in woodwork and special tools. At the end of the workflow, you will get an amazing result.
Compact and easy-to-use window sill-table top made of natural wood, which can be made by hand
- Determination of the optimal size of the countertop: usually it is 40-80 cm wide, it all depends on the functionality, configuration and design.
- If it is supposed to install the countertop as a kitchen table, then the indicator in depth should be 50-80 cm.
Thanks to the correct depth of the countertop window sill, you can complement the work surface with additional elements of the kitchen set
- If you are installing a cabinet, it is enough to choose a product with a width of 35-40 cm.
- The height parameter is correspondingly equal to the height of the window sills that are installed in your house.
With the correct execution, the window sill-tabletop will look quite laconic in the general interior
Advice! Before proceeding with the manufacture of a product, it is important to correctly measure. The first condition is the absence of interference from the product when trying to close the window..
With the help of a window sill-table top, you can arrange a very cozy workplace
Artificial countertops-window sills have support in the form of pedestals from one position, and from the other, they are attached under the window as an ordinary window sill.
Laconic kitchen with a countertop window sill that blends seamlessly into the kitchen set
The order of work
It is quite simple to make folding elements with your own hands, while the dimensions and parameters can be changed in several directions. The main steps are performed in order, if you follow the recommendations of the professionals, you will get an amazing result.
To make a product with your own hand, you need to start by cutting out the base. This is done using a special jigsaw from the material you have chosen as a base. For example, it can be plywood with increased resistance to moisture. Material thickness is 12 mm on average.
You can highlight a little part of the window sill-table top with a small elevation near the window frame, which will resemble a classic window sill
The base is installed from the pedestal, fastened to them by means of special nails. If you wish, you can organize the independent production of pedestals and other products. It is possible to purchase ready-made modules in special furniture stores.
Bright kitchen with a countertop sill imitating natural black marble
The base is fixed to the windowsill using z-shaped brackets.
At this stage, the cladding of the base is carried out, while using any material, depending on your personal preferences. Chipboard, MDF, ceramic tiles or decorative mosaics are usually used. Recently, pebbles have proven themselves well..
You can integrate the sink into the work surface of the kitchen countertop sill
Advice! If for high-quality facing work you use tiles of the same color and texture as for the manufacture of the apron, you will receive a high-quality finished interior.
How to deal with tiles
- It can be glued using ordinary glue..
- The glue is applied to the base, on top of it you need to carefully lay out the tiled structures, observing the minimum gaps.
- At the end of the work, the joints are rubbed with a special grout.
- Along the opening of the window and kitchen walls, it is necessary to glue a ceramic or plastic material, usually a molding or sealant is used. But such masking of joints should go through the renewal stages from time to time..
- With the help of a pre-selected furniture edge, the ends of the table top are glued.
Atmospheric kitchen with a wooden kitchen unit and a very easy-to-use countertop window sill
A self-made window sill with a countertop will be an excellent option in terms of saving money and in terms of recreating a luxurious interior in any room. Having made such a structure once, you will want to refine the room and create sophistication and light charm in it. Applying tips can help you create beauty in your home..
Spacious kitchen in light colors with a practical countertop window sill