Kitchen design 10 sq. meters: how to inexpensively and stylishly equip a small kitchen – advice from designers
U-shaped arrangement of furniture set
Kitchen design 10 sq. m depends on many factors: the shape of the room, the number of windows, the chosen style direction, etc. Ten square meters is a fairly large area that allows you to embody various ideas for decorating the interior of the kitchen. The article provides practical recommendations and design options that will help create a cozy and functional atmosphere in the kitchen..
Beautiful linen curtains on panoramic windows
Mirror surface visually expands the space
Owners of a kitchen with a bay window are very fortunate as it decorates the room and creates additional space that is important to use wisely. Since the bay window almost always has windows, it provides good natural light, which is important for a small kitchen..
Basically, the following forms of bay window are found:
- When creating a kitchen design project, a dining area is usually placed in the recess of the bay window. A small round table and a few chairs will be compositionally combined with a bay window. It is better to choose a sliding table model.
Advice! It is recommended to select the shape of the table or sofa, which at least approximately repeats the shape of the bay window..
Dining area in a semicircular bay window
Rectangular bay window with soft sofa for relaxation
- The second popular solution is to create a seating area in the bay window. Soft sofas or comfortable seats are placed along the windows. You can organize a cozy place for handicrafts or reading.
Sometimes a work area is arranged in the bay window area; instead of window sills, a tabletop with a sink and cabinets is installed. But in this case, it is necessary to transfer communications, which is undesirable from a security point of view..
- The bay window-greenhouse, decorated with a large number of different plants and associated with a winter garden, will look original. The bay window gives a lot of room for imagination and the embodiment of creative ideas that can make the interior of the kitchen unique..
Working area built into the bay window
If a balcony adjoins the kitchen, then, if possible, it is better to combine these two rooms to expand the space and improve its illumination..
Important! Before making repairs and demolishing partitions, you need to coordinate the redevelopment project with the relevant state authorities.
An interesting option for combining a kitchen with a balcony
You should know that in the case of joining the balcony to the kitchen area, it must be well insulated (walls, floor and ceiling).
There are two ways to combine a kitchen with a loggia:
- Partial. Dismantle windows and doors, but leave a window-sill brick partition. It can be used as a countertop or bar counter.
- Full. The entire partition is demolished (if the wall is not load-bearing!).
Maximum useful use of a small space
Popular options for arranging a loggia:
- Creating a dining area.
- Bar counter organization.
- Decorating a seating area with a sofa or soft armchairs and a small coffee table.
- Decorative decoration with live plants.
Dining area equipped on the balcony
If there is no bay window or balcony, then in order to expand the kitchen space of 10 sq. m and make it more free and spacious, you can combine the kitchen with the living room. Such a layout project has recently been gaining popularity and is considered one of the most fashionable trends in the design of modern interiors..
In this case, the common room is zoned into three sections: a dining room, a work room and a recreation area..
- With the help of color. Different colors (even contrasting ones) are used in interior design.
- With lighting. Spotlights are placed above the work area, a beautiful central chandelier is installed in the recreation area, for example, above the coffee table. And in the dining area, you can use both a pendant lamp and wall sconces..
- The use of various materials for finishing the floor, walls and ceilings.
- Placing a bar on the border of zones.
- Installation of a glass partition or light screen.
Lighting and a bar counter will help to zone a studio apartment project
Layout of kitchen cabinets
After the layout project has been selected, you can decide on the method of placing the furniture. For a kitchen of 10 sq. m. the following standard schemes are suitable:
- At direct When placing kitchen furniture, all cabinets are installed along one wall. Another part of the room is reserved for the dining area.
- L-shaped the scheme looks more advantageous. It is ideal for square spaces.
- Corner the kitchen is considered the most spacious compared to the first two options. If possible, the sink is placed in the corner, and the refrigerator and stove are on opposite sides of it..
U-shaped arrangement of furniture or installation of an island in a room of 10 sq. m are inappropriate, since it clutters up the space. But if the kitchen is combined with the living room, into which the dining area is taken out, such a solution is possible..
An island serving as a dining table separates the kitchen from the living room
Since the kitchen is a place where the family spends a lot of time, the choice of color should be taken responsibly, since it affects the emotional state of a person, is able to lift or spoil the mood.
As you know, all colors are divided into 2 types – warm and cold:
- Warm colors include shades of orange, red and yellow.
- To cold – shades of blue, blue, gray and purple, as well as black and white. A warm range has an invigorating effect on a person, and a cold one, on the contrary, soothes.
You should know that color also affects appetite. Therefore, for those who wish to lose weight, it is better not to choose shades that are associated with ripeness and freshness (for example, bright green, orange).
With the help of color, you can visually change the size of the room. Kitchen with an area of 10 sq. m is easy to visually expand if you use light shades in the interior (white, beige, blue, etc.). In addition to color, to increase the space, smooth shiny textures are used: glossy facades of kitchen furniture or mirrors. Despite the fact that bright colors are in fashion, it is better to choose them not for the main background, but as accents.
The main thing when designing a kitchen is to create the most functional space for cooking. The basic rule of kitchen ergonomics is the so-called working triangle rule. Correct placement of the sink, hob, refrigerator and dishwasher will save time spent on cooking.
Advice! It is recommended to place the sink between the refrigerator and the stove, so that the distance to them is no more than 2 meters..
The island comes to the rescue of the small space of the kitchen, which increases the ergonomic properties.
As for the dimensions of kitchen furniture, the optimal width of one cabinet is 60 cm. The most convenient height of the base cabinets is 85 cm..
The height of the hanging furniture can be any and depends only on the preferences of the owners, the main thing is to observe the minimum distance between it and the working area, which is 45 cm.
Niche is a winning option for a small kitchen space
To make the kitchen not only functional and ergonomic, but also cozy, it is important to decorate it correctly. Regardless of the chosen project and style direction, there are simple secrets that are applicable to decorate any kitchen..
- The first thing to do is to remove all unnecessary things. Order and space are the main rules for a comfortable environment.
- To add color and freshness to the room, you can arrange flowers and pots of green plants. They will enliven the interior and make it more interesting. In addition, vegetation improves the microclimate of the surrounding area..
Creative decoration of modern kitchen
The mirrored surface creates the effect of the absence of upper cabinets
For decorating windows, practical curtains are selected from materials that are easy to care for..
Idea! Great option for the kitchen – linen curtains, roller blinds or roman blinds.
The main thing is to pay attention to their compliance with the overall interior design when choosing curtains..
Roman blinds are ideal for small windows
As for lighting, you can safely experiment here. With the help of lamps, an area of 10 sq. m can be easily divided into functional areas if you install a pendant chandelier above the dining table and integrate spotlights into the ceiling or kitchen cabinets to illuminate the working area. Decentralization of lighting is in vogue now.
Advice! If the walls are empty, they can be decorated with a composition of decorative plates or paintings..