Copper accessories fit easily into any interior
Copper in the interior looks catchy and noble, giving the dwelling unique features of constructivism and elitism. A valuable metal of golden-pink color can appear in the interior in different guises: in the form of fundamental elements of retro style, in the form of focal points of a project created on the basis of the principles of industrial and loft design trends.
Perfect combination of copper with an emerald set
Loft-style personal care room decorated with a copper bathtub
Stylish copper staircase in a bright room
External finishing of an outdoor fireplace with copper panels
Window and door openings in “mirror” copper
Copper has long been used for the production of facing materials, furniture, pipes, decorative items, jewelry, tableware and other products. Plastic material is easy to process. Therefore, for a long time, artisans have been able to create original works of art – filigree candlesticks, frames for paintings and mirrors, samovars, church bells and other things that have become the property of many museums. The service life of products made of heavy-duty metal is measured in centuries. Therefore, exquisite candelabra, trays and other household items made of this material will definitely become part of a family heirloom after many years of use in everyday life or interior decoration..
Decorative frames in copper shades
Copper products are highly valued for the impeccable performance properties of the material:
- A high degree of thermal conductivity allows you to significantly increase the room temperature in the cold season – copper screens used to equip radiators, or panels for facing a fireplace portal can create an optimal microclimate in the house;
Copper heating items look stylish and keep you warm
- The bactericidal property determines the sterile purity of copper surfaces, therefore, it is important to use characteristic slabs for facing a kitchen apron, sinks, bathtubs and other types of plumbing from this noble metal for arranging a bathroom and kitchen;
Copper elements in the decor of the bathroom
- Perfect corrosion resistance is due to metal oxidation and the appearance of a patina layer, which perfectly protects the copper surface from destruction under conditions of constant contact with water. Therefore, shells made of this type of metal do not lose their original appearance during many years of operation..
A copper kitchen sink will last for many years
The precious metal of a reddish-golden color reflects light well, thanks to which it is actively used by designers to neutralize dark places in rooms, simulate cramped spaces and organize good natural light. This expensive material is highly resistant to mechanical damage. Therefore, it is advisable to use a copper countertop to equip a kitchen set or dining table.
original finish of the bar counter in reddish metal
The shine of the metal shining in the light involuntarily attracts the eyes of those around, admiring the original appearance of copper products. If you want to create a unique atmosphere in the house with an abundance of spectacular details, feel free to use interior items made of copper or alloys partially containing this type of metal: bronze, brass, cupronickel. Copper design elements will fill the home with warmth and comfort, emanating from the polished to a shine of interior items.
Accent wall in living room with exposed copper shelves
Advice! Furnishing details and accessories made of durable copper are in perfect harmony not only with metals similar in nature, but also with materials opposite in composition – fragile glass, polymers, crystal and textiles. Therefore, feel free to combine completely different materials, as a result of which you can get masterly-looking art objects..
Harmonious combination of metals in a loft-style interior
Cladding materials with a copper base or sputtering are at the height of interior fashion. Naturalness is in trend, a deliberately rough finish, symbolizing the natural origin of the materials used to decorate the inner shell of housing. The oversaturation of housing with metallized elements can cause a feeling of intimacy and coldness in rooms with pronounced authentic features..
Copper-plated pivot entrance door
To create a homely warm atmosphere in a house or apartment, you need to maintain a balance when choosing materials for decorating a house:
- Copper sheet panels look shocking on accent walls in living rooms or dining rooms, where retro-style aesthetics reign supreme. To create spectacular interior compositions, it is worth using at least three pieces of furniture with a metallized coating. It can be a harmonious triad, composed of matte wall panels, lamps with shades that dazzle with golden shine, and laconic candlesticks..
Warm soothing interior thanks to copper wall cladding
- The copper mosaic used for the backsplash, in tandem with the rare crockery of the typical material, displayed on a compact shelf, will create an aristocratic kitchen setting, akin to royal dining rooms. For small kitchens, it is advisable to use a mosaic with a shiny golden surface that reflects light from a window with panoramic or bay window glazing.
Copper mosaic in a dark kitchen looks rich and original
- Copper sheets are widely used for flooring in rooms dominated by a steampunk or industrial style aesthetic. So that a house saturated with urban features does not turn into a workshop of an industrial plant, you need to organically combine metal trim elements with wood interior components that radiate warmth. For example, use copper flooring in conjunction with wood-beamed ceilings. To create a uniform picture of the interior, it is worth installing a metal spiral staircase, using spots with copper cases as a lighting system.
Copper-colored floor tiles enhance the classic style of the kitchen
- Colorful stained-glass windows with braids made of this metal will emphasize the graphic quality of the interior, if you use them to decorate fake windows in a house, interior doors or decorate lamps – chandeliers, table lamps or sconces. Multi-colored shadows from brightly painted lampshades will create a fabulous atmosphere in the living room or children’s room.
Large mirrored lamps will brighten the dining area
No ultra-modern installations and art objects composed of innovative polymers can surpass in beauty the original copper products created by nature in natural environmental conditions. The elite cladding of a house made of this precious metal, illuminating the interior with a golden sheen, is the embodiment of expression, dynamics and vitality that characterizes the status and demanding aesthetic taste of household members.
Modern copper finishing of the exterior elements of the house
It is impossible to forget a spectacular picture of the interior of a house with the use of a non-trivial panel made of copper-plated mosaic, a hand-made key holder or designer furniture with metal details that look colorful against the general background. Housing filled with an abundance of copper interior items characterizes residents as true connoisseurs of natural beauty.
Copper decor items will refresh the contrasting interior
Advice! Nothing can look as dynamic in the interior as furniture and cladding materials made of noble copper. Therefore, to revive the boring and monotonous atmosphere in the house, you need to place bold accents, presented in the form of lamps, pots or stands for flowers made of copper of an unusual shape..
Copper kitchen utensils create a certain charm
Luxurious look of an ordinary shelf in the hallway
Several centuries ago, various copper products were available only to the elite. The high price of metal and manual processing of works of art determined the exorbitant cost of products. To this day, copper is actively used to create original decorative items made on the basis of the methods of chasing and filigree. Craftsmen can easily turn a sheet of plastic copper into any piece of furniture with an inimitable design:
Country style is accentuated by a copper antique hood
- A decorative panel with a relief surface decorated with the coat of arms of the country of residence, mythological characters, animals, the faces of saints or any other drawings corresponding to a certain stylistic direction.
Decorative finishing of a fence made of copper strips
- Wall or table candlesticks and candelabra made of copper will create a magical atmosphere in the house, or a romantic atmosphere by the light of numerous candles. Practical decor items will not change shape and color for many years.
Copper elements in the interior are the main trend of this season
- Hangers, umbrella stands, mirrors in copper frames will look original in the interior of the hallway, where guests will definitely have a good impression of the house with a richly decorated entrance area.
Red metal footrest
- Decorative plates and trays made of copper, decorated with filigree images of still lifes or other thematic drawings will definitely become the main decoration of the kitchen space. The optimal place for placing a collection of non-trivial decor items is an accent wall in the dining area or near the fireplace portal, where you can admire the impeccable performance of works of art for a long time.
A copper chimney will add originality to an eclectic room
Decorators successfully combine glass and wood with metal to create masterpieces of decorative and applied art that look noble in interior paintings. The result is unique decor items:
Copper railings go well with wood
- vases with a double base, which is a glass capsule containing a copper body;
- floor lamps with colorful glass shades and a figured metal base that can look like a copper sculpture, a table or a table clock;
- glass wine glasses entwined with copper filigree in the form of different vegetation (climbing flowers or plants).
Traditional dinner set with copper base
In terms of design, copper gives the impression of genuine antiquity in a home where time stood still centuries ago. Therefore, decorators mainly use furnishings made of this valuable metal for home improvement in styles that once occupied the first positions in interior fashion trends: modern, retro, loft, pop art, contemporary and other design trends..
Copper loft kitchen finish
The feeling of reliability and durability is produced by metal in the interior. Brass and copper go well with each other, as they have a similar golden color. So that catchy design elements do not look pretentious against the background of the interior, it is necessary to moderately use details of the furnishings made of precious metals and finish with calm light colors: white, milky plaster or sand wallpaper. It is worth focusing on elite decor items or respectable-looking furniture products by decorating the surrounding room with finishing materials in a contrasting color: graphite, olive, blue, black or dark brown..
Light delicate tones are in perfect harmony with copper decor elements
If you want to elegantly decorate the living space, you must correctly select the components of the interior structure:
- an outrageous-looking coffee table with a polished table top should be placed in the area of the sofa group with a monochromatic upholstery in a contrasting color;
Unusual bathroom with internal copper trim
- a dining table decorated with treated copper sheets should be surrounded by transparent polymer chairs, chairs made of wood or metal painted with ivory paint;
Smart combination of copper, silver and white shades in a spacious kitchen
- an elite copper bathroom should be supplemented with typical brass fixtures – a mixer, a towel holder, a sink, lamps and other bathroom attributes.
Light gray bathroom with copper fixtures
In rooms where copper objects are planned to be used, there should be a background without accent spots, since it is the golden-pink details of the furnishings that perform the solo part in the interior. Therefore, the use of one-sided textiles made from discreet light fabrics, the use of metallized furniture facades or decor items that imitate a copper coating are encouraged..
Living room in warm colors, where copper accessories fit perfectly
In past centuries, interior designers paid little attention to copper products, preferring furnishings made of gold, bronze and silver. Modern interior stylists have discovered the multifaceted potential of copper, relegating the details of furnishings made of precious metals to the background. It has a different texture depending on the type of processing – perfectly smooth with a mirror surface or matte with deliberately rough scuffs. The second option is optimal for filling an interior designed in techno, loft or avant-garde style. Unusual compositions of copper pipes, located on the walls with brickwork, recreate the atmosphere of urban urbanism, emphasizing the desire of the owners of the house to live in an informal atmosphere.
A beautiful bright decor element will refresh the interior of the room
Advice! To create a soothing atmosphere in the house, it is worth using copper interior items with a matte surface. Copper products with a shiny reddish-golden finish are perfect for arranging focal points in a single-sided interior painting..
Brushed range hood with copper finish in traditional kitchen
Rules for the care of copper interior items
Copper in the interior of a kitchen or bathroom can quickly lose its original luster due to the negative influence of the environment: temperature fluctuations and intense exposure to moisture. Therefore, products made of this metal require delicate care:
Careful copper surface maintenance will provide an irresistible look
- It is easy to restore the former beauty of the surface of a copper product due to treatment with vinegar and salt, after which you need to intensively wash it with running water, wipe it thoroughly and polish it with a dry microfiber cloth.
- If surfaces are heavily soiled, boil 3 liters of water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and vinegar. Place a copper product in boiling water until the surface is perfectly clean.
- For cleaning, you can use lemon juice, sulfamic acid, or a mixture of salt, wheat flour and vinegar.
If you stick to all the care tips, your copper surface will stay sleek and tidy for a long time.
With careful use and proper care of copper products in the house, they will serve for centuries, bewitching those around you with the dazzling radiance of valuable metal. The universal texture and golden-pink color of copper, which has no analogues in nature, gives any product a striking resemblance to expensive antiques. Your home will instantly become an interesting place for others, because copper magnetically attracts the eyes of true connoisseurs of original things with a natural base.
Copper canopy and part of the roof create a unique view of the facade of a private house