TV takes pride of place in any home. Some people hang plasma on the wall, others prefer to install it in a special niche. However, the most practical way is to buy a TV stand. Furniture manufacturers offer stylish TV cabinets that hide excess wires, blend in and add flavor to the interior. We bring to your attention useful tips on how universal furniture exactly for your interior.
Benefits of the curbstone
A TV stand means a fairly wide cabinet with a small height. From year to year, TVs are becoming thinner, along with it, the appearance and bedside tables change.. Their installation brings with it many positive aspects:
- Harmonize with all TV models. Selected furniture will help to emphasize the spectacular appearance of the plasma and other advantages.
- Modern cabinets are very compact and fit into the footage of even the smallest room.
- Furniture presented on the market in variety; you can choose any design, color, style.
- It allows you to store things of compact size, such as magazines, disks, remotes and other little things..
- An abundance of wires and auxiliary equipment (tuner, router) will be hidden behind furniture doors.
- Relatively low price.
Such furniture will be able to emphasize all the advantages of the interior.
Modern furniture under the screen helps is a profitable and thoughtful solution, cleverly organizing the room and freeing up space. An abundance of shapes and materials will enhance the effect of the big screen and make watching TV more enjoyable with family and friends.
Materials, shapes and sizes
The cabinet frame consists of two sides, a back wall, an upper and a lower horizon. The durability of furniture depends on the quality of the materials used.. The manufacture of bedside tables most often comes from:
- wood mass;
- strained glass;
- wood boards, particle boards;
- varnished slabs;
- metal (appears by itself or is combined with other materials).
Wood is a popular material for making
Most of the materials presented require additional protection. For this, a layer of enamel, varnish, plastic or film is applied..
One of the positive aspects when choosing a pedestal is a wide variety of shapes.
Consider them before choosing a model:
- Geometrically regular rectangular or square is the most popular type..
- Rounded – the back side remains flat, and the front side becomes semicircular.
- Whatnot – several tiers are fastened together by corner posts, there is no back wall.
- Asymmetric – several sections are displaced in one direction, fastening together open shelves.
Wide variety of models
To purchase a TV stand for the size of your room, it is important to choose dimensions:
- Wide. These are called lockers, the length of which exceeds 1 meter 20 centimeters. The largest of them are designed for spacious living rooms in private houses, reach a length of 3 meters. But their depth and height are quite modest – around 50 centimeters.
- High. Their height reaches approximately 90 centimeters, while the width range is 80-120 centimeters..
- Narrow. The depth of this category of pedestals is 35-45 centimeters. Height can be any, most often it is about 80 centimeters. Width – 60-80 centimeters.
- Low. 40 centimeters deep and 30 centimeters high are often used as hanging shelves. Width usually reaches 1.4-1.6 meters.
Do not forget about dimensions before purchasing a cabinet.
The width of the bedside table is less than 60 centimeters and the depth is less than 40 centimeters are dangerous for installing a plasma panel. Doing so may pose a risk of the screen falling.
Solid wood curbstone will look great in a classic interior.
If you add dark glass to the wooden base, you can easily fit the furniture into high tech design.
Glass, metal and plastic products fit into the technological design of the room. The smooth lines of the facade and soft shine will make it more youthful, light and comfortable. Often there are no unnecessary details in such models..
Mirrored inserts and light colors of furniture will fit into small rooms. The top made of shiny metal will visually enlarge the hall. V children’s it will be appropriate for the room to choose an ecological material in bright colors.
Plasma placement requirements in the room are important in order not to spoil its style.. Follow them when choosing a location for the panel:
- A good view is the main detail for placing a TV bedside table. It should be comfortable to look at, tall furniture or decorative trifles (for example, vases) should not interfere with watching the picture.
- There should be no windows opposite or on the sides of the screen. Natural light will interfere with movie watching, while direct sunlight will significantly harm color..
- Distance from sex should be at least 100 centimeters for the bedroom and 1 meter and 20 centimeters for the living room. The TV should be at eye level of a seated person.
- The distance to the curbstone plays an important role. It must be at least 1.70 meters away from the people watching TV. Measure the diagonal of your TV and multiply the number by 4. This will be the desired distance in centimeters.
Avoid windows on the sides of the TV
You must understand for yourself how the bedside table will be used. Do you need storage shelves, extra space? In the classic version, straight open and closed shelves are provided.
The style of furniture can be added by the presence of glazed sections. If you place a mini-bar downstairs, it will make the room more modern and youthful. Many models do not have a back wall.
Additional equipment of modern TV cabinets:
- Wheels. They make the cabinet mobile, making it easy to move to any place. However, this deprives it of stability and aesthetics..
- bracket. The TV is wall-mounted and can be swiveled to any angle.
- Backlight. It is easy to install it on furniture, but you need to be careful: the light should not interfere with viewing.
The bracket allows you to swivel the TV
Fashionable interior items for TV are presented in a huge variety, therefore it is often difficult to make a choice. When buying, consider the criteria that we will give below.
Dimensions – decide where you want to install the cabinet. According to the position, choose the size of the cabinet.
When making a choice, pay attention to the following parameters:
- In a large room, you can choose a design of any size that will optimally cope with the load of your plasma.
- In a medium-sized (and smaller) living room, opt for a small nightstand to be installed along a long wall. Stands will increase its functionality.
- Install a corner structure in a very tiny room..
Small designs for small living rooms
Payload is another important parameter. Sturdy and sturdy bedside table can withstand the load of the TV and things not on the shelves.
If an unsuitable design is chosen, overloading will cause damage. This means you are risking the integrity of your plasma display..
Useful volume – furniture should be equipped with drawers, shelves and other compartments for storing things.
They will help improve the look of the room and keep small items out of sight..
Many shelves for the things you need
Mobility is important so that you can easily change the place of your bedside table. For this, many models are equipped with casters. This is often found in style models provence.
AdviceRemember that it is forbidden to move the structure on which the equipment is installed. Most often, compact bedside tables with wheels are chosen for small rooms and, accordingly, the same modest TV models..
Let’s consider the most common models that are popular. Which one is better to choose for your interior?
Glass bedside tables
In recent years, lockers from glass. The reason is their elegant appearance, compatibility with many interior styles, and practicality. However, some believe that glass, on the contrary, is not the best materials due to its fragility..
Popular glass models
We will try to dispel this myth and tell you the main advantages of glass cabinets. A glass cabinet along with a modern TV will effectively complement the modern, hi-tech and even classic style. They will add a sense of lightness and harmony to your apartment..
Glass for such a construction is made with a thickness of at least 6 millimeters, which makes it incredibly strong. If you accidentally drop something small, such as a remote control, onto such a surface, no chips or cracks will appear on the glass. Thus, the curbstone will be able to withstand TV, speakers and other audio and video equipment..
Effectively complements the design in the room
Most often there are no sharp corners in them, which is safe if there are children at home..
Their configurations differ in the following parameters:
- open or closed;
- two-level or multi-level;
- transparent or colored.
Glass cabinets are designed to be as compact and functional as possible in order to take up as little space in the room as possible. Most models have special shelves for additional equipment (for example, a dvd player).
We use it for discs, a turntable and other little things
Often glass models are combined with chrome metal parts or wood. A pattern or drawing can be applied to a transparent surface.
AdviceWhen choosing glass furniture, pay attention not only to the appearance, but also to the reliability of the fasteners. The dimensions should fit into the place you planned. Glass must be free of deformation or soft scratches.
Despite all the sophistication of fashion, wood is still a popular material for furniture. It is believed that it is more characteristic of the classical style..
Typical classic style
There is some truth in this statement, however, modern wooden bedside tables fit perfectly into other design directions..
- In modern concepts, homogeneous materials are often used. However, fusion styles, modern and loft effectively emphasizes the beauty of the tree. Products are often presented in an unusual way. A loft style can fit a rosewood chest or a homemade rough box made of rough planks.
- Wood is easier to care for – it is easy to clean, grind, polish. Wooden products are easy to create with your own hands from old furniture or boards..
- Wooden bedside tables are very durable – they will literally live for a hundred years..
Wood furniture is more durable
The TV stand is made of the following wood materials:
- Array. It is characterized by a pronounced woody pattern, but nowadays, an array of even color is more often used..
- Veneer. A thin cut of wood is glued onto a less expensive material, for example MDF. Externally, the curbstone will not differ from the array, while the cost will be much cheaper.
- MDF. It can be pasted over with decorative film, be laminated, have acrylic coating, etc. The material is widely used for the production of various furniture due to its strength, resistance to moisture and temperature changes. Acrylic panels fit perfectly into the design of a modern living room.
- Chipboard. Inexpensive material that is inferior in strength and durability to the first options, but looks beautiful.
Laminated MDF is a great material
Modern wooden structures can look like this:
- Floor standing – almost entirely made of wood, there are metal or glass elements.
- Console – look great in a modern interior. Most often made from MDF.
- Corner – wooden modules in the corner of the room often look more profitable than metal and glass counterparts.
- Rack – for such pedestals made of wood, only some detail is made, for example, the top panel.
Combined version of glass and wood
Narrow furniture is chosen for small and spacious living rooms.. Consider a narrow bedside table model with a width of 25 to 30 centimeters. Do not worry that such a narrow cabinet will not fit the necessary things – due to the height and length, everything will fit in there.!
Narrow pedestals are of two types:
- Depth 30 centimeters. Optimal size for a TV stand. Small appliances will be conveniently installed here, there will be areas for storing other items. But if you have a plasma with a curved screen, you will have to look at other models..
- Depth 20-25 centimeters. If the room is very small, you have to choose this size of the bedside table. The sturdy construction and quality materials can support the weight. But there is almost no space for storing equipment and various little things..
Narrow pedestal when space is tight
Narrow cabinets can also be conditionally divided by height:
- Low – the size from the floor is from 30 to 50 centimeters, suitable for placing a plasma panel with a large diagonal. In the modern style, lower sofas are provided, therefore it will be convenient to watch TV.
- High – the size from the floor is from 60 to 90 centimeters, resembling a square in shape. Suitable for small TVs in living rooms with high sofa and armchairs.
It will be interesting for you:
For a small hall, it is necessary to place various furniture with the greatest efficiency and convenience for the residents of the house.. This will allow you to make a corner cabinet, which free up space in the center of the room and use the irrelevant side part.
The corner bedside table copes with different tasks:
- helps to save space;
- expands the functional space (extra shelves are appreciated in a small room);
- complements the interior, emphasizes the style of the room;
- allows you to watch TV from anywhere in the room.
Corner option to save space
Also, designers highlight several disadvantages. Among them, there is a lack of ventilation for equipment, the inconvenience of storing things, the location of the sofa in relation to equipment..
Corner units combine the functions of shelves, drawers and cupboards.
They come in these varieties:
- Triangular – the walls are connected in the form of a triangle. Suitable for large screen sizes. It is believed that triangular cabinets take up space, so they can not “stand up” in every room. Extra deep shelves are only suitable for large items. It is not convenient to store small parts on them..
- Pentagonal – fit into a small room. They are a regular triangle with cut corners, which will take up little space compared to the first type..
- L-shaped – their facade is connected to the upper horizon in the shape of the letter “G”. Bedside tables significantly save square meters and look elegant in a modern interior.
- Trapezoidal – look much lighter than triangular cabinets, but take up the same amount of space. A space is formed at the back, which helps to regulate the ventilation of the equipment. Also, the shelves are less deep than in triangular counterparts, which allows them to be used with greater convenience..
- Radius – triangular bedside tables have a rounded front. The most unusual model that will fit into an Art Nouveau room. Doesn’t seem large or bulky, suitable for storage.
Triangular TV model
They are completely open, closed and combined. The open shelves of the corner model look attractive only if the order and cleanliness are constantly maintained. Dust can easily get into boxes, and folded magazines will look sloppy. Closed furniture will be more convenient to use.
The color completely depends on your preference..
We recommend choosing light colors for corner pedestals. It can be natural light wood, plastic, painted wood. This way you will not “steal” space from the room..
Light furniture will not steal free space
Thus, the need to use corner cabinets arises when:
- The walls are filled with large furniture – sideboards, cupboards, bookcases. There is no possibility of a wide plasma together between it.
- The small space of the room does not allow the use of the necessary furnishings, therefore you have to use all the free corners.
- I would like to create a separate “corner” for plasma, to emphasize the bright style of the living room.
- The desire to bring non-standard solutions to the design of the room.
Compact, convenient and practical
Choice of color: white pedestals
Whatever the model of the bedside tables, it is very important to choose the color. To do this, consider the following factors:
- the style of the room;
- the range of furniture objects that are located next to the curbstone;
- TV cabinet color.
In many styles, including minimalist, Scandinavian or fusion, it is better to choose light models. In fact, when you come home, you want to rest and regain your strength.. Furniture in light colors promotes relaxation, helps to create a feeling of comfort.
White furniture promotes relaxation
White furniture looks stylish, laconic, interesting. It can be successfully combined with practically all types of wall and floor finishes, it goes well with other colors..
Snow-white bedside tables are made of various materials:
- Wood. Known for its durability and sustainability. Beautiful and natural plasma cabinets go well with many styles, but look bulky. Has a high price.
- Plywood, MDF, chipboard. Among the advantages, one can single out a variety of textures and decorative elements, a low price in comparison with wood. Not resistant to moisture.
- Plastic. Low cost and a variety of models do not limit the choice. They are light and bulky, but not resistant to mechanical damage.
Go well with different styles
The main advantage of the white shade of the thumbs is that they will always be in trend.. The snow-white color emphasizes the beauty of the shades of the walls and floors, visually increase the space.
AdviceThe soiling of white furniture does not reduce the demand for interior items in this range..
DIY bedside tables
Everyone tries to find a model for their room, but stores do not always provide a sufficient choice.. One bedside table may not fit in size, another in color, and a third in general style. Faced with such a problem, you can make a cabinet with your own hands..
To do this, choose any design of the bedside table and material with which you can work. We suggest you make a wooden floor stand, on which you can install a TV of any size and weight. You do not have to make holes in the wall, install fasteners, etc. – with any rearrangement of furniture, you can easily install the bedside table to another place.
Do it yourself
To implement our project, first of all, you need to create a drawing. If you are doing this for the first time, use a ready-made layout. We offer you a project for a fairly spacious living room, which will allow you to install even a plasma with the largest diagonal.
AdviceThe height of the presented cabinet can be adjusted based on your furniture in the living room.
To make a structure, we need:
- an array of timber – 30 millimeters in thickness and 42 centimeters in width; will be used for countertops;
- an array of timber – 20 millimeters in thickness and 30 centimeters in width, needed for shelves; can be replaced with an edged board;
- a bar measuring 50 * 50 millimeters, needed for a cross;
- a bar measuring 30 * 30 millimeters, will be used for longitudinal jumpers;
- a board measuring 30 * 80 millimeters, for the manufacture of crossbars and legs;
- screws, screwdriver;
- a circular saw;
- pencil, tape measure.
Choosing a design to your taste
AdviceChoose only dried wood as materials. Wet and fresh boards can deform over time and lose their appearance.
Assembling the frame
- It is necessary to cut the legs. There are six of them in our model, and the height of each is 72 centimeters. It is convenient to immediately cut the crossbars, the length of which is 28 centimeters. We will get one piece from one meter of wood.
- Fasten the legs with a bar measuring 30 * 30 millimeters. Prepare twelve of these blanks, their length should be 75 cm.
- Attach the jumpers with screws. Drill the holes as required. Drive the screws to the legs to the vertical at an angle of 45 degrees.
An option that does not take up much space
The lower and middle shelf can be made both from solid timber and from a board. The width of the latter should be 30 centimeters. Cut 1.5 centimeters of wood, use a planer to trim it to the planned width.
Their length should be 170 centimeters. Attach the shelves with screws to the longitudinal jumpers.
Crossbars of the curbstone
We now proceed with the installation of the cross members. They are needed to connect the front and back of our structure.. When we made the legs, we already prepared the necessary elements in order to save material.. Now you need to take two crossbars and attach them to each side of the frame..
You must now create the middle cross members. Saw them off from a bar, their length should be equal to the width of our shelves, that is, be 28 centimeters. Attach to two edges using bolts.
The color combination will not damage the decor
The strength and stability of the future pedestal will be presented by crosses. If you take measurements as accurately as possible, then it will be easy to make crosses with your own hands..
- Take a bar, the side of which is 50 mm, saw off two blanks. Their length, calculated by the Pythagorean theorem, is 66.2 centimeters.
- Place them on top of each other, set the distance between the inner corners. Make grooves in each piece. Their depth should be equal to half of the side of the bar. For clarity, use the diagram in figure 6.
- Insert the made crosses into the structure. Insert screws into the joints, make holes at an angle. This will prevent the screw from coming out on the other side. Use long screws, the length should be about 70 millimeters.
Ivory only adds to the charm and beauty of the furniture
We proceed to the final stage of creating a wooden bedside table.
AdviceWe recommend using glued oak solid wood, which is characterized by a smooth surface. They do not need additional processing, which means you save time and at the same time get a perfectly flat tabletop..
If you have edged boards, you can use them. Pre-treat them with a plane and sandpaper for a flat surface. Fasten the countertop to the formation with screws. Thus, you can easily lift the cabinet from the top..
You have received a fully assembled locker. Let’s get down to styling its appearance. First of all, cover all holes with putty.. In order for it to acquire its unique appearance, it needs to be painted. You can choose a shade “wenge” for this purpose, which will slightly darken the wood.. In this case, the structure of the wood itself will be visible.
You can paint the wood with white paint – this design will fit into any design. Consider the style of your room and make it the most harmonious. You may notice that the design of this bedside table can be useful not only for installing a TV, but also for storing things. Or you can combine these two solutions and make it universal.