- Swing gate materials
- Advantages and disadvantages of metal gates with a wicket
- Gate types
- Features of choice
Swing metal gate with a wicket Is a very practical solution wherever you plan to install them. You do not have to open heavy doors every time in order to enter plot or take a screwdriver in garage. In addition, durable materials and modern technologies help to make such gates quite attractive in appearance..
Stylish modern swing gates
Metal gates with a wicket in a modern style
Swing gates with a wicket made of corrugated board
Metal swing gates for cottages or a garage can be called a traditional entry design option. They are created to fit the size of the opening. The direction of opening is also taken into account. doors.
Stylish metal swing gates
In general, this design is quite simple, and drawings of metal swing gates can be found even on the Internet. They consist, as a rule, of two leaves, which are a supporting frame in the cladding. Since the doors sit on the hinges, they open quite silently, even with a decent weight..
Metal gates – a reliable fence for your yard
Metal gates with a wicket with wooden elements and elements of forging
Wrought iron swing gates with a wicket
An obligatory component of a summer cottage gate is a wicket. It can be located separately or built into the structure itself. Garage metal swing gates with a wicket are quite popular nowadays..
Rustic metal gate with wicket
Idea! Even if your garage has a regular door, you can cut a wicket door into it. You do not have to unlock the padlock every time, which freezes in cold weather, or to clear the snow to get into the garage, say, for the potatoes stored there..
The most common are iron gates. However, today the metallurgical industry offers a lot of more interesting cladding options. It can be sandwich panels or durable galvanized steel. Metal hinged gates made of corrugated board are very popular, due to their practicality and lightness. The gate decorated with forging looks especially elegant..
Gates of a country estate with a wicket
Swing gates and wicket doors with a wrought-iron pattern
Despite the abundance of various materials, metal gates are still considered the most durable and reliable. They also have a number of advantages:
- Ease of operation. The gate leaves are hinged, so opening and closing them is not at all difficult;
- Ease of installation. Install such a gate do it yourself maybe even a layman. The main thing in this business is to have welding skills and strictly follow the instructions;
Swing gates with a wicket are easy to operate
A gate with a wicket will allow you to easily enter the site without opening the gate itself
- Abundance of options. Thanks to modern profiles, you can create gates of different designs and prices;
- Confronting bad weather. If you choose an aluminum profile with a polymer coating, you can not be afraid of any climatic conditions;
- Optimal setting. Thanks to a simple locking device, the entire structure can be easily adjusted.
Swing gates also have minor drawbacks. So, in order for the doors to open without problems, free space is required. In addition, winter snowdrifts, which will often have to be scattered, can become an obstacle to opening the gate..
Winter drifts can become an obstacle to opening swing gates and wickets
There are two types of metal gate structures: double-leaf and single-leaf (with one hollow).
Double-leaf swing gates with wicket
The so-called combined design, which we have already mentioned, is often used – swing gates with a wicket. They save space, so they are often found in garages. This design is also used at the entrance to a state institution. However, here the gate is often decorated with forging.
Another option is a swing gate with a nearby wicket. They are made of metal, corrugated board and steel. Colored in different colors, decorate with forged elements.
Modern swing gates with a wicket
For the convenience of using the gate, you can install automatic opening drives
Insulated swing gates are a good option for a garage or covered yard. There are no difficulties in their design. Thermal insulating material is placed between two sheets of metal. It can be regular foam, basalt insulation or mineral wool..
Advice! Choose insulation that does not burn. This way you will be able to kill two birds with one stone: keep the room warm and create a fire-resistant gate..
Beautiful metal swing gates with wrought iron elements
If you decide to purchase swing gates, carefully consider their choice. Correctly selected gates will not cause you problems with their operation.
Metal gates have a huge number of advantages.
So, pay attention to the following points:
- Gate width. The larger the sash, the more massive the pillars should be under them. Also consider the width of the street. The narrower it is, the wider the opening for the entrance and, accordingly, the gate should be;
Advice! Having chosen a wide gate, do not forget to install a removable metal tie on top, which will become a reinforcement for them..
Swinging metal gates in the Art Nouveau style
Metal swing gates and wickets with decorative stone pillars
- Place of installation. Before installing swing gates, make sure that the leaves will not cling to the ground due to uneven surfaces. You should also provide for the presence of other obstacles (bushes, trees, etc.).
Advice! Choose designs with a stopper, so the sash will not swing excessively.
Metal gates can be purchased ready-made or made by hand
- Wicket type. If the gate opens into the yard, during heavy snowfalls, problems with digging it out may arise. More often, outward-opening sashes are installed. When the wicket is located directly at the gate, it saves space. However, this option will not seem very comfortable for tall people, since they will have to tilt their heads when passing through such a door. But you can not be afraid that the built-in wicket will be covered with snow, since it has a sill.
Magnificent wrought-iron swing gates with a wicket
Swing gates with built-in wicket
When installing the gate, you may need the following tools:
- Welding machine;
- Drill / perforator;
- Angle grinder;
- Plumb line;
- Concrete mortar;
- Small locksmith tools.
Installation of swing gates can be done by hand
Metal gates require periodic painting
Gate installation includes several stages:
- Site preparation. It is necessary to measure the length of the gate and the length of the opening again to finally make sure that they are compatible;
Installation diagram of swing gates with a wicket made of corrugated board
- Installation of pillars. Their number depends on the type of gate. For a two-leaf design, 2 pillars are needed. If a wicket is installed next to it, there should be three pillars. Installation begins from the extreme post. It aligns horizontally and vertically. Then it is poured with concrete;
Installation of pillars
Advice! Pour some mortar into the pit before inserting the pole so that it does not come into direct contact with the ground.
- Installation of sashes. Often the hinges are welded before installation. However, in some cases, they have to be aligned after the pillars are poured. Before hanging the sashes, the hinges should be greased with grease or oil;
Installation of gate leaves
- Priming and painting. The final stage is to clean the gates and give them the desired color..