Radial wardrobe will be a wonderful decoration for your interior
In pursuit of the unusual, decorators come up with many interesting shapes in familiar home furnishings. So, in 2017, radius wardrobes became the kings of fashion. Typical furniture has long ceased to interest the owners of apartments and houses, not only because of the monotony. People began to appreciate not only originality, but also functionality, which is also lacking in most standard wardrobes and dressers. So, if you want to buy a radius wardrobe, then now is the time for this..
Radial wardrobe in the bedroom interior
Corner wardrobe with glass doors
Radial wardrobe in the interior in the style of minimalism
Radial sliding wardrobes are a modern trend in the creation of cabinet furniture
Radial wardrobe – the crown of modern technologies, this is a model with bizarre flexible shapes, equipped with a special system of mechanisms. The design and dimensions depend on the customer’s requirements based on the type and size of the room and the location where the desired cabinet should be located.
Living room in pastel colors with a radius wardrobe
Radial sliding-door furniture can be of different shapes, but by design it is divided into two types.
Types of designs of radius wardrobes:
- Cabinet – a separate element, like a standard cabinet; it has side and back wall, shelves, lid and bottom. When installing it, adjustment is not needed, it is simply placed in a pre-designated place, it is enough to correctly measure and correlate the dimensions beforehand. This is a single system that can be moved and easily rearranged to other places in the apartment..
Radial wardrobe with a contrasting design looks very interesting
Advice! If you want to buy a cabinet radius cabinet, match it to the existing furniture, then it will not stand out from the uniform composition of the existing design..
- Built-in – a cabinet without a body and side walls, the role of the bottom and the cover is played by the floor and ceiling of the place where it is “inscribed”. It is these options that can most often be found in all fashionable advertising brochures with advertisements “radius wardrobes to order.” They are designed based on the shape of the room and the location, while the parameters are calculated very carefully. According to the given numbers, suitable curved boards and mechanism are selected.
Corridor project with curved wardrobe
Radial wardrobes are very popular in modern interiors.
The radius system is a relatively recent scientific development. Its basis is guide rails of the desired shape, along which the door rollers move, and frames, where wooden parts, glass or plastic of any color can be inserted.
Yellow in the interior of the loft corridor
Depending on the location of the rails, sliding mechanisms are divided into several types:
- Top-hung – a non-threshold design, most often used in built-in types of cabinets, but it also has a number of controversial nuances. Not every ceiling is capable of supporting its weight, which means that ceilings will have to be reinforced before installing this type of system. Plain drywall can collapse.
Advice! It makes sense to plan top-hung radius cabinets together with the installation of ceilings, so that later you do not have to do unnecessary work to strengthen them..
Roller systems for sliding wardrobes
- With support on the lower rail – this option can be used both before and after the installation of the ceiling, it is universal. Here the lower guide plays a key role, it is on it that the main weight will fall, so there is no need to strengthen the ceiling, it can be anything.
Installing the top rail
Installing the bottom rail
Radial wardrobes can be found in any room, they do not have a clear purpose. Such furniture looks beautiful and original both in the hallway and in the bedroom, living room, or even a bathroom or kitchen, if only there is imagination and a sufficient amount of footage. It is effective and inexpensive, today you can easily pick up radius wardrobes from the manufacturer at an affordable cost without overpaying to intermediaries. If you want built-in products to order or prefer exclusively designer radius wardrobes, the price will be higher, but the appearance will also be much fancier. Sometimes it’s worth it.
By and large, it doesn’t matter whether you bought simple radius wardrobes inexpensively or forked out for a version curved with the letter “siu” – they fit organically into all styles from classic or modern to loft and hi-tech. The main thing is to properly fill the frames of the structure. You might be surprised, but it can be not only wood, glass or plastic: modern designers use other elements as well. The sliding door can be completely mirrored, stained glass, contain leather elements or be completely covered with a three-dimensional image of color photo printing.
Hallway in a classic style with a radius wardrobe
Sliding wardrobes can be purchased ready-made or ordered according to an individual project
A spacious and bright spaceship in your home – that’s what radius wardrobes are! Photos of such, even the simplest models in interiors amaze the imagination with incredible bends of geometric lines, finishes and color schemes.
Radial wardrobe has a lot of advantages.
Radial sliding wardrobes compare favorably with any other types and have a number of indisputable advantages.
- versatility – fit into any place thanks to its flexible shapes. Such furniture can be mounted both in the corners, saving space, and along the walls;
- convenience of internal planning – they do not have typical inconvenient shelves. Just like the base, you can order any tubes, drawers, pull-out items for ties, etc .;
Correctly selected filling for wardrobes will make it spacious and functional
Various drawers and systems will make your wardrobe very convenient.
- spaciousness – due to the peculiarities of the internal structure, they contain a larger volume of things than any of their analogues;
- aesthetics – radius wardrobes are an excellent tool that allows you to correct the imperfections of buildings due to their unusual shapes;
- simplicity and convenience of the roller system for opening / closing doors – it is much more reliable and functional than the usual hinges;
Glass doors in wardrobe design
The disadvantages include perhaps a slightly higher price than other types of cabinets, but the combination of beauty and convenience is so good that it cannot be called a disadvantage. In addition, a wise Russian proverb is appropriate here: a miser pays twice. It is better to pay well once for such a cabinet and use it for tens of years without problems, than to throw out a broken regular one in three years and buy a new one. Today, you can order radius wardrobes inexpensively or buy immediately a ready-made model on the manufacturer’s website.
Beautiful living room in beige
Radial wardrobes are divided into types according to their shape.
- Convex – usually placed in niches where it is not possible to arrange ordinary furniture, most often they are used in hallways.
- Concave doors – “pressed” into the interior of the door visually expand the space, smooth corners and give the room additional depth.
Radial wardrobe with a convex shape
Concave radius wardrobe in the interior of a children’s room
- Combined – a symbiosis of the first two options, which as a result looks like a convex-concave wave. Looks best in living rooms, bedrooms and large nurseries..
- Round – truly capsules or time machines. This is ideal for high-tech space style. The only caveat is that this type is suitable exclusively for rooms with a very large area..
- Corner – this type of radius wardrobe is considered the most popular, it is a wardrobe with a triangular shape at the base and combined in the door. That is, it is such a triangular piece of cake, rounded on one side and decorated with whipped cream and a cherry, to use an allegory. It is the easiest to install, has the most affordable price, is versatile, because there is a corner in every room. In addition, this type of furniture is the best space saver..
An oval-shaped radial sliding wardrobe will serve not only as a piece of furniture, but also as a partition in the design of an apartment
Radial wardrobe of combined shape looks very interesting
Black and white wardrobe in a modern style
Radial wardrobes: photos of possible design options
Radial wardrobes – new geometry of living spaces
In addition to the door forms, radius wardrobes differ in their external design. Most often these are mirrors, glass or glossy multi-colored plastic. Or the same types, but with the application of laser drawings, sandblasting compositions, etc. But today’s technologists have stepped forward a little further and another entertaining novelty has appeared – photo printing.
Radial furniture – a variety of shapes and an abundance of useful qualities
Radius doors with photo printing:
- Solvent film printing – drawing with paints using a special technology is applied to the film, which is glued to the door.
- Solvent printing on glossy or matte thick paper – just like the first option, it is glued inside the door compartments, if it is divided by frames, or entirely over the entire area. It costs much less, but is more susceptible to mechanical destruction.
Thanks to printing devices, you can apply any image to the facades of your cabinet
- UV printing – application of paints that can withstand prolonged exposure to ultraviolet radiation. Relatively expensive, but also the most durable option, since the image does not fade or fade over time.
The front of the wardrobe, decorated under natural wood, looks very noble
The variety of textures for decorating the front of the cabinet has practically no boundaries
Radial wardrobes are spaceships that quickly burst into the vastness of everyday life and amazed people with an ideal symbiosis of beauty and functionality. Which one will fly to you will depend on the shape of the room and your imagination..