Solid wood wardrobe and wall in neutral blue children’s room
Children’s wardrobes are a choice that should not be made superficially, because a children’s room is not just a place where your child plays, rests, studies, and becomes independent. For him, this is a separate world, existing according to its own special laws, where he should be comfortable and comfortable. Children’s bed, wardrobe, table – these are the three “whales” that hold all the rest of the furniture in the children’s room, which set the tone and style. But if the importance of the table increases with the entry into school age, then the child’s bed and wardrobe are objects that the child uses constantly, starting from a very young age. And choosing the “right” children’s wardrobe or sliding wardrobe is not as simple a task as it might seem at first..
Idea: built-in furniture with unique decor that can be thought up and made with the child
Sliding wardrobe with a picture
A very comfortable children’s complex that combines a sleeping place for two children and wardrobes
Minimalistic baby wardrobe
Healthy! Children’s furniture for girls – furniture for children at different ages and the main characteristics of children’s furniture.
What is an adult wardrobe? This is a place where things are conveniently and compactly stacked. And what is a wardrobe for a child? Oh, this is an absolutely universal thing, in which the function of storing things is listed somewhere in the second ten. The closet is a place where you can hide from local babays. Or maybe quite the opposite – a place where these babays can be driven and closed. This is Aladdin’s cave, which contains children’s treasures. Or a friend who is invisible to adults lives. For a child, especially a small child, any piece of furniture becomes an object of play. And this imposes special conditions on children’s wardrobes:
Classic large wardrobe in the children’s room
Preschool furniture set: crib and modern simple wardrobes
Wardrobe chest of drawers painted with black paint on which you can draw with chalk
Simplicity and functionality of Scandinavian-style furniture
- Stability – achieved by the correct ratio of height / width / length, because the cabinet must be tight. A very tall and narrow closet is good for adults, but in a nursery he has to withstand shocks, jumps and, possibly, climbing up the shelves – and this is a completely different center of gravity. Therefore, the legs should be given special attention, it is better to choose flat, and not point;
- Safety is a multifactorial criterion that includes both the choice of material and the design features of the cabinet. It is desirable that the corners and ends in the furniture are rounded. It is worth giving up mirrors and glass, especially in wardrobes for the smallest. The handles should be large enough, firmly screwed on, without small parts that can be unscrewed or easily broken off;
- Environmental friendliness – chipboard cabinets are the cheapest, but they can become a source of formaldehyde evaporation, so when buying, ask for a certificate that this category of chipboard allows its use at home. The best solution is a cabinet made of solid natural wood or laminated high-quality MDF boards, as well as natural materials with veneer covering. Dyes – natural, water-based;
Unusual wardrobe with comfortable handles for school children
- Spaciousness – even the smallest child has so many things that not every adult can compare with him. And if you add space here for storing linen, towels and more toys, thereby you can get rid of a separate box, which takes up a lot of space. And the children also grow, so that the size of the children’s wardrobe will not be inferior to an adult. The lower part, where the child can reach, should be taken away for his daily needs, and in the upper, accessible to adults, lay, for example, seasonal clothes
Wardrobe-closet in the nursery with curtains instead of doors
Such a metal wardrobe is more suitable for a boy’s room.
The older the child becomes, the more difficult it is to use storage systems, including those consisting of several modules..
- Functionality – shelves, hanger compartments, drawers, metal hooks. After all, here you will have to place clothes, toys, writing utensils, and books – and for everything there should be a “right” place to store it. For a small room, it is worth considering the option of a transforming cabinet, where you can put away, for example, a desk;
- Hygienic – the children’s closet should be regularly monitored, dusty and even washed. Furniture with laminated surfaces is well suited for a nursery – drawings with paints and even felt-tip pens are well washed off from them.
Safety comes first! Spacious wardrobes and chests of drawers should be fixed to the walls
Stylish children’s room with spacious white wardrobes
Traditionally, a children’s room is not the largest in an apartment, so an ordinary chest of drawers or a wall closet will take away too much space for a child. A corner cabinet in a small square room will help you make use of the corner area and create ample storage space..
Healthy! Children’s furniture for a boy’s room – the choice of furniture, furniture design, how to correctly equip.
If sliding wardrobes have already firmly “registered” in the adult half, then their presence in the children’s part of the house will require a special approach:
- Mirrors – despite the fact that manufacturers claim that they install extra durable mirrors for children’s wardrobes, which are additionally covered with a special film that prevents the formation of fragments, this is not the case when it is worth the risk. Given the temperament of children, especially if there are several of them, then there are few things that they really can not break – and this list begins with reinforced concrete. Therefore, mirrors, especially for small children, should be discarded. But for teenagers, especially girls – this would be a great option..
- It is not at all necessary that the front (doors) of the cabinet should be in pastel colors. Experiment with unusual bright colors, photo prints and volumetric drawings from your favorite cartoons or fairy-tale characters – and the wardrobe will become a full-fledged playful interior detail.
Children’s room for two girls with large and spacious wardrobes
Open storage system
Large and convenient children’s wardrobe that fits perfectly into the corner of the attic room
Unusual closet to climb
- the older the child becomes, the more restrained in style the furniture should become. A teenager’s closet is practically a full-fledged “adult” closet, it is also a psychologically correct approach, because at this age any teenager strives in every possible way to show his “adulthood”. But you should not approach this issue too categorically – leave some element of “rebelliousness” in the form of the original color scheme or decorative elements
- accessibility – the child must reach the shelves and various drawers, which must be taken into account when ordering the cabinet. Perhaps it is worth considering some kind of stand so that the baby can reach the upper shelves.
- space for toys – it is worth considering a drawer and more, this will free up additional space in the room.
A room in which not a centimeter of space is idle: an ingenious built-in storage system on the first tier and boxes in the steps of the stairs to the second tier
Floor-to-ceiling wardrobe with built-in writing desk
Symmetrical children’s wardrobes and an unusual wall shelf system
A sliding wardrobe is a great option if you have several children of different ages..
In this case, you do not have to worry about the height, just the things of the older one will be placed in the upper part of the cabinet, and the younger one – a little lower. Everyone must have their own personal space, including in the closet. So each child will be able to arrange his part “for himself.” And to be responsible for it – to maintain order and cleanliness – this will become an additional factor in the education of discipline and independence in the child..