A perfect accent that will complement any interior
Once upon a time, compositions of artificial flowers were associated exclusively with ritual services and were not used to decorate the interior. Later, they found a less sad application and began to be used in November processions and demonstrations. These were homemade paper and cloth, which were shaken merrily or angrily at rallies and parades. Mostly roses and carnations were made, later handicrafts were replaced by more aesthetic factory counterparts. Today, technology has advanced so much that you can hardly distinguish modern artificial flowers from living ones. The assortment has also expanded – boring roses and carnations have been replaced by orchids and even cornflowers, in a word, there is a “color” for every taste.
Combination in pastel colors
Soft coral and carmine – a wonderful choice for bedrooms
Perhaps someone will snort and claim that there is nothing better than living plants. Perhaps, but the creations of nature are short-lived, and contain many allergens. In this regard, artificial compositions have a number of undeniable advantages..
- The main plus is that they do not cause allergic reactions, which makes it possible for people with this disease to admire flowers without risk..
- No need for transplantation, care, fertilization.
- You don’t have to ask your neighbors to water your “arboretum” if you decide to relax in hot countries for a month or two.
- No nasty insect pests.
- They will not be eaten by a small child or a cat.
- If you accidentally overturn such a pot, you will not need to clean up the wet soil..
- Can be placed in any, even the darkest room.
- The opportunity to be a decorator and independently choose combinations of shades and materials.
There are few minuses, and it’s difficult to call them minuses, rather, these are some taste nuances.
Pink orchids will organically fit into the light design of the room
The smaller the bud, the more sophisticated the entire floristic composition.
- No natural natural scent.
- The need to wipe off dust.
- Gradual sunburn.
The idea that lifeless flowers are a sign of bad taste is long out of date
Bicolor gerberas in a glass vase
As you can see, the pluses outweigh the controversial nuances several times, which means that the “artificial compositions” project has every right to life..
Modern compositions use plants made from the best quality materials..
Most Popular Materials
Plastic. Today these are not coarse feces or carnations for funeral wreaths, but delicate small creations. High-quality polyester does not have a pungent smell and is easy to clean, but its main advantage is the lowest price among all other types.
Textile. The ancestor of such plants is China. Since ancient times, Asian craftswomen have created hand-made masterpieces from the highest quality silks, their price was high, but they were worth it. Nowadays, fabric flowers can be made from satin, crepe de Chine, cambric or synthetic analogs, which makes their prices affordable..
Silicone – the father of all masterpieces. The material sculpturally conveys any subtleties of each flower and leaf, up to the finest veins and the smallest relief features. This gives the widest assortment. The pleasure is not cheap, but there is even more expensive.
Latex. Natural rubber flowers are the most expensive, but also the most natural. Such material imitates not only external forms, but also confuses to the touch. Not every connoisseur will be able to distinguish a latex flower from a real one with closed eyes. If natural rubber is expensive, there is synthetic latex, and such plants are cheaper, but they are not very different in quality..
Artificial compositions are used not only in the decoration of the holidays. They help to successfully mask the flaws of everyday life – communications, pipes, etc. For different purposes, various types of layout are used.
The classic is a wire frame and moss or a floral sponge as a base on which flowers, green components (stems, leaves, decorative ornate spirals of green color, etc.) are tightly attached. The main goal is to fill the base as tightly as possible. It can be both desktop and large floor options – it all depends on the place and purpose..
These exact copies of the usual colors are loved by creative housewives, and office workers, and restaurateurs, and workers in the field of medicine or children’s institutions. Such plants are hypoallergenic, safe for the little ones, they do not need to be looked after, but in winter they give the feeling of summer and create a great mood. Not to mention how well evergreen vines mask peeling pipes, for the repair of which they do not allocate money.
Small flowers look good as a candlestick decoration
The enamel vase is suitable for country and eclectic style
Glass is used, and if there is a glass vessel in your house, it just asks to become the basis for a flower arrangement. You can fill it with layers of salt, tinted with chalk dust or food coloring, small pebbles or just water, and form an unusual bouquet. It is better to put long plants with narrow leaves in high containers, in small spherical ones – imitation of field or garden bouquets on a short stem.
Lavender in a wicker basket
Add some water to a glass vase for an even more natural look
Products from natural vines are used. A floral sponge is installed inside and filled with plants and flowers. Sometimes the handle itself is braided.
Volumetric panels and topiary
Compositions on canvases, a kind of almost living paintings, on which voluminous flowers bloom. Any material – artificial plants, twigs of silicone berries, mini-fruits, etc. Attached by any means at hand – it can be wire, sewing to the canvas with thread, special glue, etc. The main thing is to correlate the weight of the material with the strength of the canvas and hang the masterpiece not on a thin one a nail, and on a strong self-tapping screw screwed into the dowel.
The interesting word “Biedermeier”
This is a ball-shaped bouquet of some flower heads that make up several circles. There are a lot of execution options, you can go from large to small, form turns according to the color principle, play in contrast with two shades, etc. – for which there is enough imagination. The main thing is not to deviate from the given geometry. The inflorescences should be placed as tightly as possible so that not a single gap is visible.
Where is the best place to arrange artificial compositions? There are many options, we will consider the appropriateness according to the typical rooms of our apartments and houses.
What and where:
- Living room. The best goal is a fireplace, if not, then a great option is an artificial jungle floor or stylish floor vases near the sofa. The table and shelves can be decorated with a basket with decorative fruits and low vases. Several small glass containers filled with the same colors and displayed in one line look beautiful.
- Kitchen. Artificial fruit vases or imitation vegetable bunches attached to a string. The window can be decorated with vases according to the principle identical to the living room, that is, three in a line, only the basis can be chosen differently – clay or ceramic pots.
Modern dining room with lush flowers on the table
Luxurious white flowers in the living room
- Bedroom. Many decorators recommend dried flowers vases. However, feng shui experts consider dead and dried plants to be vampires. Just in case, it is better not to use them in a sleeping place if we want to wake up vigorous and healthy. But a picture-panel of voluminous orchids or a Biedermeier on a dressing table will look beautiful.
- The corridor – the darkest place that not a single living blade of grass can stand. But you can also create a high-quality illusion – for example, throw a sprig of fabric ivy over the mirror, put a floor vase or decorate a shelf with pots with supposedly violets.
- Balcony – ideal place for planters with everlasting and almost non-fading bindweed flowers.
Provence style bedroom
A small bunch of flowers in the bathroom
Artificial flower arrangements in the interior are a great idea for a creative flight of thought. The beauty of living plants quickly fades, but art lives on forever. In addition, plucked and cut stems and tops are direct harm to natural nature, which, ideally, should be admired without touching with your hands – this beauty is so fragile.
If you are not only allergic, but also a sensitive person with a rich imagination, try to create an almost living sculpture with your own hands, as a tribute to flora – a true miracle of the universe. You will be surprised how much joy and positive moments such handicrafts can bring to you and your guests.!