Small mirrors in picture frames create a wall composition
A mirror panel is a unique type of wall decor that can turn a home into an original art space. The magical shine of the mirrors creates a magical atmosphere in the house. The processing and decoration technology of mirror panels is so diverse that spectacular wall decorations look incomparable in both classic and modern interiors..
Mirror panel in the living room on the whole wall
Small wall panel for the hallway
Mirror panel in the dining area
Mirror panel of three massive mirrors in a carved wooden frame
Mirror panels in the interior are actively used by decorators in the process of modeling space and solving complex design problems. The unique reflective effect of this piece of decoration makes it easy to correct any imperfections in living spaces:
Wall decor in the living room using a mirror panel of three elements
- modify the asymmetrical configuration of narrow and cramped rooms due to the ability of mirror tiles to visually expand the space;
- increase the amount of natural and artificial lighting in dark rooms;
A mirror panel on the entire wall will help make the room brighter and more spacious.
- to give depth and volume to small-sized rooms when using panels with a reflective effect as false windows or partitions in studio-style apartments;
- increase the height of the ceilings in low rooms by lining the walls with a vertical panel consisting of many diamond-shaped tiles in a diagonal layout or finishing from floor to ceiling with fragments of a large and then small size;
Mirrors in the room will help to visually raise the ceilings
- compensate for the lack of space in the hallway or bathroom for installing a massive floor or wall mirror, because such a panel with a reflective surface is an excellent alternative option.
Mirror wall – ideal solution for small hallways
With the help of mirrors, you can not only model the space, but also decorate the accent walls in the rooms in a non-trivial way. Spectacular wall decor will look majestic in the living room above the sofa group or on the opposite side of the fireplace, above the headboard in the bedroom or above the glossy countertop in the kitchen. The play of light and shadow can be endlessly admired while taking a bath, where all attention will be riveted by the wall decor above the font or the sink with mirror mosaic or facet tiles facing.
A small bathroom will visually increase if mirrors are placed around the perimeter of the walls
Advice! With the help of a mirror panel, you can solve the problem of lack of light. Thanks to the combination of a multi-level lighting system with a panel in the living room, in the evenings a magical atmosphere of the game of mirror reflections with many light streams will reign. Install a panel of mirrors in dark corners of the room, and the space will become visually wider..
Corner mirror panels from small elements
It is worth buying a mirror panel for wall cladding in a house not only because of its expressive visual effect, but also because of its excellent performance characteristics:
- Excellent moisture resistance of glass coated with a thin layer of silver allows the panel to be used for cladding any room, regardless of the degree of humidity.
Practical and aesthetic mirror panels in the dining area
- High heat resistance rates characterize this facing material as a versatile type of wall decoration, ideal for decorating rooms with sharp temperature fluctuations – kitchens and bathrooms. To neutralize the likelihood of cracking on the tile when exposed to hot steam, it is necessary to choose models with an indicator of resistance to temperature extremes of at least 125 degrees.
Mirror wall with aging effect in the washroom
- Excellent resistance to chemical aggression allows you to use any cleaning and detergents to care for the mirror wall. Exceptions are abrasive chemicals, hard sponges and brushes that can scratch a perfectly smooth glass surface.
- The durability of the operation of mirror panels – their useful life is measured in centuries.
Working area in the bedroom with a mirror panel on the wall
The disadvantages of a panel made of mirror tiles include the complexity of the cladding due to the fragility of the material, but the result will exceed all expectations. Elegant wall decor, creating the illusion of dynamics and movement, will bring notes of nobility and aristocracy to an interior made in any style.
Luxurious antique frames will decorate the mirrors, creating a unique wall panel
Depending on the design ideas, you can pick up mirror compositions to create a stunningly beautiful kitchen apron, organize bright accents in the interior of a bedroom, bathroom or living room. A mirror panel can appear in an interior painting in different variations:
Mirrors of various shapes create a beautiful combination in the hallway
- In the form of a wall decor, consisting of several modules of different sizes and shapes (the panel is made up of individual tiles with a smooth edge). Fragments of such compositions can be carved, tinted, decorated with drawings or patterns made using sandblasting technology. Compact panels without decorative frills are perfect for decorating walls in houses dominated by the aesthetics of restrained high-tech, minimalism, loft, contemporary.
Mirror panels imitating windows in a loft-style interior
- In the form of cladding elevated to the rank of a work of art. Mirror panels on the wall can be mounted in tandem with plaster, marble, wood frames or blotches. Pompous compositions add depth to a cramped space, focus the attention of others on the transparency of the color scheme and emphasize the aesthetics of historical interior genres: baroque, classics, empire, art deco.
The classic style of the living room with a patterned mirror panel
- In the form of a composition made up of faceted facet tiles. In the manufacturing process, a one-piece glass sheet is cut into several even and curly parts, depending on the designer’s idea, the edges are processed, creating beveled edges, resulting in a mirrored panel with a facet. The edges of the tiles add volume and depth to the composition, effectively refract light rays and distort the images of reflected interior items.
Panel of small mirrors with facet
- In the form of a one-piece composition with diamond engraving imitating faceted cut. Mirror canvases are decorated with a diamond cutter, which creates the effect of beveled edges on the panel elements.
Elements of a mirror panel with diamond engraving
Advice! Do not miss the opportunity to create harmony in the interior by repeating the silhouettes of those surrounding the furnishings, because this non-trivial type of wall cladding can be performed in any layout made up of triangular, square, hexagonal, diamond-shaped elements.
A harmonious combination of different mirrors on the wall, creating a wonderful composition
Parts of the panel can repeat the appearance of any geometric figure in harmony with ornaments on wallpaper, upholstery, curtains, as well as outlines of furniture, window and door openings, the shape of finishing materials – clinker tiles, parquet, wall panels and other furnishings.
Regardless of the shape of the elements, the mirror panel will create a fabulous entourage in the house, fill it with light, a mesmerizing play of glare, beckoning to look into the mysterious looking glass.
Mirror panel in a spacious living room
Since the development of many methods of glass decoration, the appearance of the mirror panel has changed significantly. Photos of various models, decorated with virtuoso photographic prints, inlaid with precious stones, complemented by carved bindings, never cease to delight and inspire designers to create unique art objects in apartments and houses that do not contradict the principles of ergonomics and aesthetics of a certain stylistic direction.
Mirror wall with a picture in the hallway
Common technologies for processing mirror panels include:
- engraving of a glass surface with drawings, inscriptions, patterns and ornaments, allowing you to add a noble touch to the picture of the interior;
- sandblasting intricate images with a limited choice of color palette;
Mirror panel in a spacious bedroom made of many rectangular elements
- artificially giving the mirror surface the effect of antiquity – darkening, applying chips, cracks to individual fragments, which creates a feeling of centuries-old use of the panel;
- tinting glass surfaces allows you to decorate panels with drawings and patterns that harmoniously echo the stained glass door panels of sliding wardrobes, shelves with glass inserts or mirrors;
Mirror wall made of many elements with aging effect
- photo printing, which makes it possible to create an exclusive piece of furniture by applying any painting, photograph or drawing to the mirror surface.
To enhance the visual effect, designers often install illumination next to the mirror panels, which is especially important for picturesquely decorated models with drawings that seem to come to life under the influence of narrowly directed light rays. As a non-standard element of modern decoration, a mirror panel used for facing a plasterboard partition can be used, in the side parts of which LED spotlights are mounted. The impression of delight from the permeability and spectacular appearance of the wall decor will not leave the guests of the house decorated with unique mirror panels for a long time..
Original wall picture from a mirror
In modern interior fashion, an honorable place among the variations of wall decoration is occupied by the use of a panel made of glass tiles, which has fully replaced the usual decor with paintings, mat and other accessories. Everyone can add a personal touch to the look of the house using handicraft techniques to create a mirror panel with their own hands. One of the simplest arts and crafts methods is the following method:
Unusual mirror panel with 3D effect
- Draw a sketch of the panel based on measurements of the wall where it is planned to be installed and the principles of the stylistic concept. In an interior that reflects the aesthetics of a country or chalet, a composition of mirror fragments framed by a stucco molding will look inappropriate. A panel with a wood cut or interlacing between mirror mosaics will organically look against the background of naturalness, inherent in design directions with a dominant natural theme. You can find a layout template or sketch on various web portals dedicated to the art of design..
- Order mirror fragments of panels in the workshop, which can be of any size, shape and decor. In order to visually expand the space, it is advisable to compose a composition of large fragments that clearly reflect the window opening or other light sources. In order to distort the reflective image, it is worth giving preference to tiles with a facet, tinted or photo-printed image..
- Ideally align the wall where the panel is planned to be installed.
- Sketch a layout diagram on the wall.
- Mirror tiles should be attached to the wall using acid-free sealant or specialized glue “liquid nails”.
Mirror niche for the console in the living room
Advice! To add a touch of novelty to a monotonous interior, it is enough to create a mirror panel with your own hands, which will always look stylish and fashionable..
DIY wall panel made of antique frames and mirrors
Unusually, in the interior of a bedroom or living room, a panel made of photo frames with mirror inserts will look on the accent wall, and in the bathroom – a composition of glass mosaic combined with seashells and sea pebbles. Above a chest of drawers with carved facades, it is important to place a wall decor made of artificially aged mirrors that reflect the flickering of a candle flame. The aesthetics of historical design trends, which are characterized by spaciousness, pomp and pretentious luxury, can be reflected by installing panels that imitate the image of large-format windows with many rectangular or diamond-shaped bindings made of valuable species of wood. For modern interiors, a winning solution would be to create panels in the form of geometric shapes or asymmetric compositions that visually resemble the appearance of labyrinths or broken lines..
The original idea of a mirror panel for a small hallway
A mirror panel will add versatility and volume to the interior, mysterious mystery and special charm, create a special visual effect that will impress the mood of those around you. With the help of mirrored wall cladding, you can constantly change lighting scenarios in the house: in tandem with central lighting, the appearance of the interior will take on a ceremonial look, optimally suited for meeting guests, and by the light of candles – a pacifying calm aura, conducive to a serene relaxation with the family.