Flowers from satin ribbons: step-by-step instructions and master classes for creating bouquets, topiary and hoops
Composition of satin ribbons will not leave anyone indifferent on your holiday
No wedding salon or decor store is complete without satin ribbon flowers. Photos of festive decorations amaze with a variety of shapes and colors. Often this “extravaganza” surprises not only with its beauty, but also with prices, so many needlewomen decided to make a decisive move – to learn how to create flowers from satin ribbons with their own hands. The result was so overwhelming that many opened their own mini-shops with an affordable cost of finished products for those who do not have time to do needlework, and sites where they give hand-made lessons to everyone..
Delicate bouquet of satin ribbons
Accent combination of turquoise and purple
Beautiful artificial flower made of satin ribbons
Luxurious peony from satin ribbons
Original bouquet-basket with artificial flowers from satin
Before you start creating masterpieces, you need to decide for what and what kind of flower we need. Next, it remains to prepare the tools, materials and you can start creating.
What may be required
Advice! It is worth using ribbons of different widths – so the flowers in the general bouquet will look more diverse..
Cute bicolor satin flower
- Satin ribbons. We focus on the purpose: if this is a gift, we take bright, juicy shades of red, orange, yellow, scarlet, etc. A separate topic is wedding accessories. Here you should not deviate from the classics, and if you do not have a revolutionary red or black dress, it is better to compose a composition from a white and blue palette or light yellow and green shades..
- Threads. And not necessarily in tone – they can be any.
- Sewing needle set.
- Glue gun or just glue; the main thing is that the tube has a sharp tip.
- Lighter – you will have to set the silk on fire. To prevent cut edges from spreading.
- Tweezers are needed in order to secure your fingers when working with fire when firing the edges of the ribbons.
- Wire – you will need it to fix many elements.
- Additional items – headbands, hairpins, baskets, styrofoam, gift paper for bouquets, beads, rhinestones, etc..
Advice! If you do not have a lighter, and you are already captured by inspiration, you can use a lighted candle.
Tools needed to create flowers from satin ribbons
If you are going to create hair accessories, you will need a hairpin or headband; if you are planning an ikebana or a basket of flowers, prepare wicker containers and polystyrene – flowers fixed on a wire will stick into it. You can also use decorative flowers to arrange photo frames for yourself or as a gift..
Airy and delicate chamomile from satin
Advice! Designers recommend using thin willow twigs when making clothing accessories – this is much more beautiful than paper spirals and tubes.
Beautiful hoop with a large bright flower from satin
It is not difficult to make a flower from satin ribbons, guided by the photo and description of the step-by-step technology.
Simple version for working with children
Let’s go in measured steps from simple to professional. In order not to kill the souls of beautiful impulses with the first disappointment, you do not need to tackle the most “twisted” versions. Novice creators and children should practice from scratch, and then move on to more complicated options.
Let’s practice on the headbands. For this we need a pair of ribbons and two beautiful decorative buttons. We take a narrow ribbon and cut several strips from it, the length of each petal will be equal to a quarter of each strip, so mentally we divide a piece of ribbon into 4 parts and determine the size of the flower with a rim. Having found the desired size, we prepare 3-5-8 strips, depending on how many daisies you want to see on your rim.
Advice! To prevent the ribbons from falling off, treat them around the edges with a candle flame or a lighter..
Put a drop of glue in the middle of the strip, raise the ends, bring them to the center and glue them. We get several blanks, form a chamomile from them, gluing them together in the middle or sewing them with a needle and thread. Sew a decorative button in the middle.
We coat the bezel with glue, wrap it with a plain tape, sew on top or glue the daisies. One chamomile can be attached to a hair clip with a wire.
An unusual composition with a lush flower crown will be an excellent decoration for a celebration
Not only the usual roses and daisies can be created from satin and other fabrics: we will try to “grow” a poinsettia in half an hour. The consumption of the atlas will be small, and the effect is unusual.
- white and green ribbons;
- beads and sequins.
Delicate wedding bouquet of artificial flowers
- Cut off several pieces of green ribbon 6-7 cm long and cut out the shape of the leaves.
- We fire each workpiece, holding it with tweezers over the flame, so that the material becomes slightly wavy.
- We fold each sheet lengthwise and again carry it over the fire to create a longitudinal strip.
- Making petals – cut 10 pieces of white tape, half 7 cm, the other half 5 cm.
- Cut out the petals, burn around the edge.
- We form the middle, take felt, cut out a circle.
- Gradually glue the leaves and petals in tiers to the felt circle – the way the poinsettia should look like.
- In the middle we glue sequins and beads to mask the rough work.
Accent bouquet in blue and beige tones
Almost a daffodil
We cut five strips of yellow color of the same length, mark the middle, pinch and glue the opposite edges in the middle, getting bows, process the edges with fire. We fold each bow in half and glue it from the bottom edge, then collect all the petals on a thread, pulling in the center so that there is no hole, forming a flower. Sew an orange button in the middle.
Bright autumn satin composition
We make patterns of petals – we draw templates for three types of petals, decreasing by a centimeter. For example, one is 7, the second is 6, the third is 5 cm. We fold the ribbons of the same color, but of different widths, several times. To speed up the process, we attach templates, cut out several blanks at once.
At the output, we get three types of petals, 6 pieces of each type. We process all the blanks in advance over the fire, and then, in turn, collect them in layers. First, in a circle between each other, then we attach the lower one to the larger tier in the middle so that there is a hole in the middle between all the tiers.
Beautiful peonies from satin are easy to create with your own hands
- We make stamens – on pieces of straw or plastic thin and bending white tubes, we glue pieces of light felt imitating pollen. Bend slightly in different directions.
- We squeeze the flower from below in the area of the hole, insert the stamens and wrap the base with thread, tightly stitching the structure so that it does not crumble.
- You can make leaves – fold a rectangular piece of tape 10 cm long with corners to the center and sew. We pull the thread at the base and sew it with a blind stitch from the inside out. We make another sheet of a slightly smaller size, put it on a circle of green felt. We place the rose itself on this blank..
- If you attach a pin on the back, a beautiful brooch will come out.
Hair band with flowers made of satin ribbons
Now let’s look at a more complicated version of a prefabricated flower of individual petals of a more bizarre shape. We take up the rose.
- prepare 4 petals 5 cm long;
- bend one edge of each petal at an angle of 45 °;
- heat and fix with tweezers;
- repeat the same procedure on the other hand, we get candy rhombuses.
You can decorate a casket, gift boxes with a satin composition, or add a postcard
Making the middle, outer petals and leaves:
We bend four blanks of 5 cm on both sides, sewing with threads, forming a small assembly along the seam. These are the middle petals. We also make the outer petals from pieces 7 cm long, there should be 8 of them.
Cut out leaves 2.5 x 5 cm in size, burn, make bends. We form veins – bend and heat the leaves, squeezing hot.
- we twist the first workpiece in the form of a tube, glue it;
- we attach the remaining 3 around, getting the middle of the bud;
- we fix the outer and middle sheets around the perimeter, forming the blossoming part of the flower;
- glue the leaves, attach the pin.
The term “kanzashi” came to our vastness from Japan, where the best geisha used to decorate their hair with homemade flowers, secretly competing in skills. This was the name of hair ornaments. Kanzashi flowers differ in shape and complexity. Let’s consider the most popular option.
The technique is simple – many identical petals are made, but different in size. Then they are collected in tiers using a needle, thread and glue, evenly distributed around the middle, which at the end is crowned with a shining large diamond, in our case a rhinestone.
Contrasting bright flower, created using the kanzashi technique
The lower tier is formed from the largest petals and strung on one thread, then the second tier, and so on, gradually decreasing in size towards the center. After that, the layers are stacked on top of each other and attached with glue..
So you can make any kind of flowers, the main thing is to create the desired shape of the petals..
Sharp kanzashi petals for dahlia
Cut off 5 x 5 cm squares, fold in half diagonally 2 times, clamp at the edge with tweezers, remove the loosened parts. We solder the ends with fire. Then the untreated corner is trimmed and also soldered by fire when folded..
Bright bridal bouquet from satin
Nature is not always able to delight our eyes and satisfy the need for contemplation of beauty. Beautiful fabric, especially satin, allows a miracle to happen and give us and our loved ones a magical garden that blooms all year round. The manufacturing technique only seems complicated, as one might think looking at the finished masterpiece. However, referring to the step-by-step instructions, we understand one thing: the eyes are afraid, but the hands are doing. The work is so fascinating that in the end it remains only to be surprised at your own professionalism and think about starting your own business related to decor.
Photo source for the material: needlework-vasilisy.rf