Childhood should be bright and colorful
A self-made blanket is a real gift not only for a child, but also for any adult. Bombon products are most often created specifically for children, as they are soft, cozy and very pleasant to the touch. As for the appearance, such a blanket looks very original, one might even say non-standard..
A great novelty of recent years – a baby blanket in the “bomb” technique
Bombon blanket recognized as a classic of modern design
- This is a kind of patchwork quilt with a soft filler inside. Due to this, the voluminous bomb perfectly warms and makes sleep comfortable. A huge advantage over other options is that the filler inside does not get lost even after washing, because it is enclosed in separate cells.
At first glance, it seems that this is not a single whole, but an interesting puzzle of many soft bubble ottomans. There are a lot of names for such textiles:
- Bon Bon.
- From ottomans.
Advice! It is absolutely not necessary to buy such a product in a store: it can be sewn with your own hands, and from different pieces of fabric, even leftovers.
Since the blanket is intended for a child, it should be made of natural material, optimally cotton. If you can find patches with patterns of different colors, this will make the blanket even more interesting. Before cutting, the material must be washed and ironed, so it will be easier to cut individual elements.
Important! Even synthetic fabrics are allowed for the front part, since they will not come into contact with the skin. The lower part is better made from natural materials..
Another important material, without which it is impossible to imagine a bomb, is soft filler. It can be any suitable, but not cotton wool. Optimally – synthetic winterizer or holofiber. In addition to being pleasant to the touch, these materials are hypoallergenic and comfortable to work with, as well as warm. You don’t need to save on the amount of filler: the more, the more magnificent the blanket will come out, and its appearance will be much better.
Also in the work you will need:
- Pencil or fine crayon.
- Strong threads.
- Fixation pins.
Bright and interesting – we combine several qualities
Since the blanket in question is considered one of the types of patchwork, before starting work, it is important to create a diagram of the future product and work on it.
- The essence of drawing is in the formation of a beautiful pattern. This technique is especially important if patches of different colors are used. Its shape can be rectangular or square..
On a note! The standard size of Bombon patches is from 8 to 40 cm. The choice of one or another option depends on the size of the product. The rule works here: the smaller the blanket, the smaller the shreds. The minimum 8 cm makes it possible to fit the filler inside and at the same time correctly sew all the elements.
There are two main techniques for creating a blanket – individual pillows and bubbles. Consider both options with a step-by-step execution technique.
The finished product, created by the mother’s caring hands, will warm you and give you coziness
In this case, you will need:
- Bright fabric to create the top (front).
- Any other for the inside (inside out). You can even use an old sheet here, it will still not be visible. But at the same time, it is important that such matter is natural..
- Basis for sewing on canvas from pillows.
- The first step is to make a template for the squares, and for this it is convenient to cut out a pattern from thick cardboard. In this case, from the elements of 8 x 8 cm, the required number of squares should be cut.
Important! Since the blanket is formed from individual pillows, the number of elements for the desired size should be multiplied by two.
- On the side where the “face” will be, you need to use a bright fabric, on the wrong side – any simple.
Form strips with pads
- First, you need to sew three edges on each pad, then add filler and close with a fourth seam. Thus, you need to do with each element..
- When the blanks are made, they must be connected into strips. In this case, it is very important that there are no distortions, that is, you need to connect the corner to the corner. It is most convenient to baste, and only then make the main seam. Further, the lines are completed into a large canvas. All this then needs to be flashed.
This is what the blanket looks like before landing on the base
- The next step is to plant the pillows on a base, which can be any natural dense fabric. To insulate the product between the base and the decorative patchwork element, you can lay several layers of padding polyester.
The perimeter of the blanket can be decorated with a wavy border
It turned out to be a wonderful baby blanket
- Now the finishing touch is to connect the two elements. In order to make the edge decorative, you can sew a ribbon edging.
- Many people like this technique because it is easy to implement. The main “trick” is sewing small squares to the canvas with their parallel filling with padding polyester, and so one after the other.
Sequence of execution:
- Mark a dense base with squares – it will be a guide for the boundaries of the “bubbles”.
- Prepare templates for patches. It should be larger than the cells that are applied to the base, since with their help volume is created.
- Now you need to sew the squares in a line horizontally or vertically. This must be done with the entire number of blanks. Then iron at the seams so that they do not puff up.
- Next, the strips are sewn onto the base, and the connection lines on the bubbles should coincide with the cells on the base. The fabric, which turned out to be superfluous, needs to be folded into a fold.
- Do the same with the other side and secure with pins or a basting stitch. After stitching at the junction between the squares.
- In order to fill each bubble with filler, you need to leave one side unstitched. After softening, sew according to the same rules as above, along the seam and at the markings on the base.
- Next, the next strip is sewn and the same actions are repeated with it..
Advice! You can sew on the entire upper fabric at once. After completion from the wrong side, you need to make an incision on each pillow and place the filler through it, then sew it up by hand. Cut edges should be folded inward to prevent crumbling during use.
It is a pleasure to be covered with such a blanket.
These textiles are great for both children and adults. If it is created for the younger generation, then special attention is paid to the choice of material. Indeed, in addition to warmth and comfort, such a blanket may well become the first or another developmental toy..
And here, to create a learning effect, no special pedagogical skills are needed. The main thing is that the blanket is:
- Bright. The more colors the better.
- Interesting to feel. By making squares (bubbles) of different types of materials (smooth, velvety, hard and soft), sensory sensations can be developed.
- Cognitive. For the most scrupulous, we can advise you to fit letters and numbers on each element. They can be sewn on or embroidered.
Fabrics of different textures develop baby’s tactile senses
As for the product for adults, the selection of the fabric requires no less attention. But at the same time, the main task is that the textiles must match the style of the room in which they will be used. It is unlikely that such man-made beauty will want to be hidden in a duvet cover. And of course, the product should be pleasant to the touch..
A bomb blanket is not only an attractive textile for your baby, but also an interesting pastime for a mother. In addition, using the same technique, you can successfully create the sides for the crib and the rug..