The project of a bath from a bar with a terrace (75 photos): opening up new opportunities
What could be better after a bath than relaxing on a comfortable terrace?
The project of a bathhouse made of a bar with a terrace is a clear and illustrative example of the fact that a bathhouse from a purely utilitarian purpose (i.e. a place where they simply take certain hygienic procedures) is becoming not just a place of relaxation, but a kind of dacha club. The project of a bath with a terrace is an opportunity to get many new advantages and opportunities with a minimum investment, and the use of timber is an opportunity to combine the advantages of modern building technologies with the traditions of building wooden baths.
The perfect combination of a sauna and a terrace for complete relaxation
A real comfortable complex: sauna + jacuzzi and a place to relax on the terrace
Bath from a bar: layout features
During the construction of a bath, profiled timber is increasingly replacing the traditional rounded log, in comparison with which it has a number of undoubted advantages:
- durability – the timber is treated with special compounds, which significantly increases its ability to withstand such aggressive external factors characteristic of the bath as moisture and temperature extremes. In addition, timber, especially glued timber, also resists natural unfavorable factors – the sun (ultraviolet light), precipitation, rodents, fungi and mold. An important point – the profile of the beam is designed so that the water flowing down the walls does not enter or seep into the joints, it is diverted from the place of the longitudinal joints of the lamellas
- despite additional processing, the timber retains all the features and advantages of natural wood
- the possibility of building complex (in architectural terms) buildings, while in the process of designing a bath there is no need to strictly take into account, for example, the boundary length of a rounded log, which is only 6 m.
- light foundation – unlike a brick (stone) bath, for a bath from a bar, you can completely do with a columnar or screw foundation
Small sauna from a bar on the shore of the lake
A green hedge will make the terrace more comfortable
- ease of construction – the timber material is light enough, so there is no need to involve construction equipment
- a bath from a bar will require minimal finishing work, which will affect, first of all, a steam room, where the choice of wood is limited exclusively to deciduous species (linden, aspen, alder)
Bathhouse with an unusual terrace
Stylish sauna with terrace and roof
Wooden sauna with a terrace in a modern style
Regardless of the type of bath being designed (Finnish, Russian, Turkish or Japanese bath), the project must include at least three rooms:
- a dressing room – or a dressing room, its area is planned on the basis that one person should have at least 1.3 m2, but at the same time the minimum size of a dressing room is 1.2 × 3 m
- shower room – a room with dimensions 2×2 m (minimum)
- steam room – it should not be too large, because then it will be quite difficult to warm it up to the required temperature and maintain it. The minimum steam room, in which 2-3 people will feel comfortable enough, is a room of 1.3 × 1.8 m, for 4 people – 1.5×2 meters.
The rest of the premises (recreation room, kitchen, billiard room, pool or hot tub, toilet, Fig. 1) are the personal choice of the future owner, which depends both on his preferences and financial capabilities.
On the terrace, you can not only relax after a bath, but also arrange family dinners
Rice. 1. Project of a bathhouse with a swimming pool, billiard room, living room and two terraces
The project of a bath from a bar with a spacious terrace
Designing a bath with a terrace: possible options
The project of a bath with a terrace (Fig. 2) is especially justified in the conditions of small summer cottages – this allows more rational use of the available area than in the case of a separate building. In addition, it is easier to maintain a uniform architectural style for all buildings..
Design of a bath with a terrace in the style of minimalism
Rice. 2. Project of a bath with a terrace
Sauna, which includes both a guest room and a terrace
Before starting the design, it is worth deciding on such an important factor as the frequency of using the bath. For example, if this is a bathhouse for a summer residence, then it will be used mainly in warm weather. In this case, in the project, you can safely replace the relaxation room with a terrace (Fig. 3) – in the summer it will be very pleasant to drink herbal tea here after pair procedures, and the room will be stuffy and uncomfortable.
On the one hand, even if you make the terrace large enough in area, it will not require a lot of material and, therefore, money – this will give significant savings. On the other hand, it will not be very convenient to use such a bath in winter, because the changing room is quite small..
Rice. 3. Sauna project, in which the terrace replaces the guest room
Project of a wooden bathhouse with a stone terrace
Project of a small bathhouse with a terrace made of rounded timber
However, recently the terrace near the bathhouse has ceased to be just a place where tables / chairs / sun beds are installed. The American-style terrace is quite popular – in this case, the pool (font) is placed directly in the floor of the terrace. With this arrangement, the water stays clean for much longer – to plunge, there is no need to walk on sand or earth.
And if the terrace has a canopy, the artificial reservoir is protected from leaves and other debris, which, getting into the water, begins to rot. And one more advantage is that it is protected from the sun by a canopy, this water heats up less, remaining cool, and this is very important for the “correct” bathing procedure. The design of such a bath is shown in Fig. 4.
Rice. 4. Project of a bath with a pool on the terrace
Advice! Usually, the joint design of the bath and the adjoining terrace is carried out. However, the extension of the terrace will significantly supplement the bath area, in this case, special attention should be paid to the reliable binding of the terrace to the already built bath building..
For the floor of such a terrace, a special moisture-resistant board should be used, which, by the way, is called a terrace board, which perfectly tolerates moisture, and besides, it has increased wear resistance. Even the falling grains of sand and earth particles do not affect its attractiveness, without scratching the polished surface.
Figure 5 shows the project of a guest house bath with a fairly large (25.4 m) covered terrace with a barbecue, where you can receive guests from early spring to late autumn, while the barbecue performs both its “direct” functions and acts as a fireplace.
Fig. 5. Bath-guest house project
Another popular option is a sauna with a terrace and a barbecue, which will additionally save space on the site. Naturally, such a project will be more costly, because there are several important points to be foreseen:
- a separate foundation for a barbecue, because for a terrace, as in general for a timber bath, it is quite possible to do with a light columnar foundation. Barbecue will require a more solid foundation.
- separate chimney for barbecue – it cannot be shared with the chimney for the stove installed in the steam room
- special fire safety measures to prevent the possibility of fire in wooden buildings
The project of a bath with a barbecue on the veranda is shown in Fig. 6
Rice. 6. Project of a sauna with a barbecue on the terrace
Advice! When placing a barbecue, it is necessary to take into account the direction of the prevailing winds so that the smoke does not carry over to the guests on the veranda. Alternatively, make the pipe higher.
BBQ corner allows you to enjoy a delicious lunch after a visit to the sauna
Another quite popular project, in which the terrace acts as a connecting bridge between the house and the bathhouse. Moreover, all three buildings can have both a common foundation and a common roof..
If we talk about the size of the terrace, then in projects most often platforms are used with an area of 6-8 m2 – this is quite enough to accommodate a table, chairs (armchairs) and several sun loungers. To accommodate a barbecue or pool, a much larger terrace will be required, here projects start from 11 m2. It is important that the project provides for two exits to the terrace – both from the outside of the structure and from the inside..
Unusual and stylish design: a cylindrical bath with a terrace surrounding it
If the site allows, you can build a fairly spacious terrace
Traditionally, terraces are planned and built along one (usually the frontal) wall of the bath, but there can be lateral (Fig. 7) and angular placement of the veranda or encircling (the terrace is located near two adjacent walls, Fig. 8). At the same time, the choice of the location of the terrace is determined both by the convenience and expediency of planning, and by the surrounding area, so that an attractive view of the forest or lake opens from the terrace..
Rice. 7. Project of a bath with a side terrace
Rice. 8. The project of a bath with a wrap-around arrangement of the terrace