Modern version of the round house
The owners of private houses strive to create original housing on their site. If you belong to such owners, then you can choose the design of the house in the form of a spectacular round structure. This original, non-standard version will become a real decoration of any yard. For the construction of such a complex structure, you can turn to specialists, but most of them work only with large objects and focus on cottages, for which a rounded shape has also been popular recently. Therefore, let’s figure out how to do it yourself..
This shape of the building looks futuristic.
To date, several types of round buildings have been developed by architects. They differ in both appearance and structure. Let’s consider them in more detail.
- Tower – this is one of the simplest projects. Such designs came to us from the Middle Ages, when buildings with cylindrical walls and conical roofs were adjacent to multi-section locks. They do not need to build complex engineering structures. Such a building looks spectacular both outside and inside..
Not a house, but a real castle
- Domed designs came to us from Europe during the Renaissance. They are cylindrical structures with a hemispherical roof. It was these constructions that were used to decorate Catholic churches. In our country, this technique is typical of planetariums. In both cases, the dome creates the effect of the firmament. In a private house, you can arrange it to your liking. For the construction of such a structure, complex engineering calculations and special materials are required..
An interesting solution – large windows around the perimeter of the house
- Combined consist of rectangular walls enclosed under an arched roof. It is somewhat easier to create such a project than the previous one, but it is also important to choose suitable materials..
Design solution – arched wooden roof on top of the building
- Spherical structures are made in the form of a ball. This is a completely new solution for modern architects. Its implementation requires accurate calculations and special tools. Traditionally, these buildings are made of wood..
Round house as a decoration from a fairy tale
As with any building, a good foundation must be laid. This is a standard process, it differs only in form. For spherical and domed houses, you need to dig a ring-shaped trench.
Foundation preparation is one of the most important initial stages of construction
Let’s see how to do it right. For marking, you will need two pegs made of wood or iron, a long rope, and elastic material, similar to modern flower bed curbs. Further, the following algorithm should be observed:
- Mark clear boundaries for the location of the building and determine its diameter.
- Divide the diameter in half to get the radius.
- Take a rope, the length of which should be equal to the radius, tie it to two pegs.
- Insert one at the point through which the outer border will pass. The second – the length of the rope, pull it inside the circle and drive it into the ground. This will be the center.
- Then pull the first peg out of the ground and, well deepening it into the ground with full tension on the rope, draw a circle.
- Roll up the rope to the width of the foundation and draw the inner borders in the same way..
- It is recommended to mark both markings with additional materials..
Important! For the combined type, a standard base is created, and for spheroids, piles are installed..
The next stage of construction is the construction of walls. In the first three cases, various options can be used for this:
- foam blocks;
- gas blocks;
- processed wood;
- natural stone.
This version of the walls provides for the laying of triangular panels of 15 mm moisture-resistant plywood
Due to the peculiarities of the construction of the first two types, the main thing in this case is the quality of the solution. Since the elements are laid out in a non-standard way, this significantly increases the seams. Therefore, it is necessary to use high quality cement and create a thicker mortar that will adhere more firmly..
When erecting a spherical building, the following requirements apply to the material:
The frame can be made of either iron or wood. The base is sheathed with small plates, which allows them to tightly sew up walls of such a non-standard shape.
Advice! If it is necessary to insulate a spherical building, use insulation that is installed indoors.
The final stage of construction is the roof. As mentioned above, each type of building has its own characteristics. Modern technologies and materials allow you to give the structure a special look without any difficulties.
To begin with, we will stipulate that when erecting a ball, one type of sheathing is used for the entire outer area. Therefore, you do not have to think about the roof..
On a note! For a cylindrical roof, any rafter options are suitable, the main thing is to fasten them correctly. They must all converge at one point..
The roof is made of wood, the connecting elements are made of durable metal
For domed and arched roofs, choose rafters that can be rounded. Most often it is metal, with technical force, it bends well. But some craftsmen also use wood, however, in this case, it must be properly processed..
Important! After prolonged soaking, it obtains the desired elasticity.
Unique cloud house, combined of metal and wood
On a note! As a roofing material, you need to choose a very elastic one or one that consists of small elements, such as shingles..
A domed glass roof will give maximum sunshine
- Today on the market there are slate, ondulin and bituminous shingles, which are best suited for upholstery of non-standard shapes..
Round houses are primarily distinguished by their originality and creativity. But these are not all the features for which they are so appreciated..
The tower house looks magical
Among the advantages are the following:
- high aerodynamic properties;
- resistance to seismic changes;
- high thermal insulation properties;
- high acoustics.
It is also worth noting that the construction of such structures can be much cheaper if you choose the right materials. Using lightweight elements for walls and roofs, there will be no need to strengthen the foundation, which will significantly reduce the construction budget.