Lattices on windows for summer cottages: the choice of the optimal design and 70 of the most elegant and safe options
Neat welded grill
Most country country houses and cottages in winter remain completely or partially uninhabited, therefore, these houses turn into easy prey for thieves and intruders, therefore, grates on windows for summer cottages become a sure way to get rid of anxiety and provide security for movable and real estate. But here, too, the solution is not as simple as it might seem at first glance, since the abundance of design options on the market can get confused, all types of gratings differ in types, types, shapes, features and functions. Consider how you can choose grilles for the country to be sure of safety.
Forged lattice on the window of a cottage in the Mediterranean style
Traditional metal bars on the windows of the country house
More like a decorative, but beautiful wrought iron grille on the ocean
Reliable grate for a country window
Beautiful welded lattice of blue color in the color of country windows
Forged lattice for country window
Based on the basic type of structures, it can be subdivided into welded and forged elements..
- Welded products are common, affordable, lightweight and durable. In terms of rigidity, they can easily compete with wrought iron gratings on windows, at the same time, their appearance is standard and not every owner of a private house will like it..
- Forged items are less popular because their cost is high. However, this indicator has every justification, since forged lace, which is made according to the individual wishes of the customer, will fit into the facade and satisfy the wishes of even the most demanding customer..
Beautiful wrought iron lattice for a miniature window
A blue wrought iron grille with Mediterranean-style monograms will decorate your window
There is another classification of gratings, depending on the features of their installation and installation of the structure, so if you need to choose and purchase gratings for windows for summer cottages cheaply, you can make the right choice. Products are made from metal profiles of various lengths and configurations, and manufacturers offer several products of various types to the market.
- Products with a cross-section of a square and round shape. Such elements are the most reliable due to the high section thickness, ranging from 12 to 20 mm..
- Rectangular grilles made of metal profiles. They have a low price due to which they become available to a wide range of consumers. A significant disadvantage is the lower quality of products than the previous type.
Thus, the choice depends on which shape and appearance of the grilles you prefer. With the right choice of products, it is possible to create an original facade of the house and get a lot of great ideas for creating an interesting exterior.
Standard welded grille on the window
A cheaper and simpler option for a window grill is a welded grill
Such a beautiful and complex forged lattice with monograms is suitable for classical architecture.
By the features and conditions of installation, structures also have a large classification and can be of several types.
- Removable grilles for summer cottages act as an indivisible whole. In the event of critical situations, this structure can be removed from the window, but due to the tight twisting of some elements, this can be extremely problematic, especially if it is necessary to remove it at the wrong moment. Removal is detrimental to the fact that the overall strength and stability of the products suffers and is in question.
- Stationary grilles are distinguished by the possibility of “blind” attachment to the facade in the area of the outer side, and such window protection is considered the most practical. Grilles of such a plan are rather difficult to open, since they have a large thickness, in addition, they meet increased fire safety requirements. The downside is that in the event of critical situations, households will not have the opportunity to get out of the room through the window, so it is most advisable to use a combination of these products with other types of lattice structures.
- Hinged grilles have several or one sash, which can be easily opened and closed in the room, if an urgent need arises. The installation of products is carried out by means of a high strength fastening that goes deep into the wall structure. The sash is closed with a lock or latch. It is not possible to open such products only if rods of high fineness were used in the manufacture. In this case, it will not be difficult to cut them with special scissors designed for metal. The solution is optimal for those who do not like too strong structures and believe that they create discomfort.
- Sliding lattices on windows for summer cottages are structures that are distinguished by the greatest ease of use. They can be opened and closed with a single movement of the hand, and the original arrangement of the rods allows them to fold like an accordion. Such products are convenient in terms of protecting window structures, and they are also useful for doors. A significant drawback is the lack of a decorative option and the possibility of creating an original unique pattern. And the security provided by this design is very average, because for the mechanism to work properly, thin rods in the form of plates are used, which are easily breakable..
Stationary wrought iron grilles on windows of different sizes
Internal sliding metal grill on the window
Welded hinged grille
Beautiful stationary forged lattice
There are three main models of sliding grilles:
- Single leaf products. Products involve fixing one part of the structure in the area of the bearing rack and fixing the second to the contact rack. Such a variation can open in any direction, this is its main advantage..
- Double-leaf compositions – are represented by two movable elements that can be locked in the center of the window opening and are slightly displaced to the side.
- Vertical elements – have two leaves and a cruciform connection.
All three types of products can be equipped with a much larger size, in contrast to standard designs. So, there can be several varieties of products, but in order for their operation to be not only as useful as possible, but also pleasant, it is necessary to combine typical stationary structures at least with a swing or removable grill. If your main goal is to decorate the house and the facade, as well as to purchase a lattice for the house in the country at an inexpensive price, then the most original solution is to opt for a forged removable structure. Due to the area of the canvas, it is possible to create an excellent pattern.
Single-leaf forged hinged grille
Double-leaf hinged grilles
In 2002, a document was issued, which outlined the basic requirements for protective structures in residential premises and buildings. In the corresponding paragraph, the fact is noted that the window openings of summer cottages and cottages in the absence of the owners for a long time should be protected by shields, shutters that have at least a second protective class (their total number is 4 pieces). Each class has a general compliance with the building and the requirements for the level of protection against thieves.
Modern white metal grill on the window
Wrought iron grilles look good with a wooden house
Gratings of the second class are metal structures of any shape, made of steel rods, with a cross section of at least 78 mm. sq. The cell, which is formed by these structures, has an area of no more than 230 cm 3, elements are welded at each of the intersections. This standard is a strong recommendation from the legislation, but does not act as an obligation. In the document it is permissible to use a welded, forged product of medium thickness, and it is also allowed that internal grilles are used on windows for summer cottages..
White metal grilles for large country windows
A small wrought iron grill on the window in the old version
- Usually the manufacture of grilles is the “handiwork” of specialized companies, so it is better to opt for the products offered by them. They are usually highly specialized and produce many types of gratings..
- Some of their forged elements act as works of art and are made only by talented craftsmen. In such cases, contacting large companies is not necessary, since you can turn to a small workshop and get a result that exceeds your expectations..
- An essential indicator of the quality of manufactured products is the age of the company in which they are produced. Still, the designs themselves are not so common and are in little demand..
- If you have installed the gratings, they will most likely have to be replaced by children and grandchildren, so you should hope for good recommendations, and not for bright advertising..
Lattices for windows for summer cottages, the price of which can be any and depends on the type of structures and the complexity of the work, have several selection features that are taken into account when buying.
Hinged forged lattice for a large window to the floor
Stationary wrought iron window grate
A fairly simple metal grille in combination with shutters on the window looks good
Small forged internal window grill
If you do not delve into what pattern and material the compositions of the gratings will be created from, you can choose the most optimal option, which any owner of a summer cottage can do with his own hand..
Stationary products: the pros and cons of manufacturing and operation
They cope with the security function, but they will have to come to terms with the unattractive appearance of the structures and with other features in the form of constancy: you cannot change them or remove them if necessary.
- Excellent protection against burglaries;
- Simple installation;
- Simple manufacture;
- High level of reliability in terms of safety.
Stationary forged lattice on the window and door
Stationary metal grilles for large country windows
- Obstacle in case of fire events;
- Unattractive appearance.
It is quite simple to mount such products if you follow the instructions. If you do not have perseverance and do not want to spend time on painstaking production of parts, then the best way out of the situation is to buy window grilles for the country house, because the modern market offers a lot of products from different materials designed to bring maximum aesthetics to your home and facade.
Beautiful forged lattice on the semi-antique window
Stationary forged lattices for windows in the country
Sliding structures: pros and cons
A great option for lovers of aesthetics and wonderful simplicity. Has its own characteristics.
- Versatility and compatibility with any facade;
- Ease of use;
- Possibility of an emergency exit;
- Beauty of appearance;
- No free space required;
- Abundance of modifications.
There are two main methods used for the installation of such constructive solutions – this is the layout outside and inside the window. The second method is distinguished by great convenience and relative reliability, because due to the internal fastening, you can easily operate the system. Metal grilles on windows for summer cottages, installed from the inside, have a high level of security in terms of unauthorized intrusions, therefore, when choosing elements, you must pay attention to their ease of use.
Modern summer cottage with sliding bars on the windows
Do-it-yourself sliding lattices for summer cottages
Sliding grills in combination with roller shutters will provide you with reliable protection
Removable designs: pros and cons
The mechanism of the products is represented by studs with a thread at the end. Structures pass through the wall and can hold several nuts, this is enough to obstruct intruders.
- Removal of structures;
- Nice price;
- Ease of installation;
- Ease of use;
- Beautiful view.
Removable forged lattices on the country window
Removable wrought-iron grille in Mediterranean style
Beautiful wrought iron removable window grill
- Removable for thieves.
If you decide to create schematic lattices for windows for summer cottages with your own hands, then you have to work a little to give the design not only the properties of reliability, but also an attractive appearance. A competent choice in favor of certain gratings, as well as their peculiar high-quality installation, guarantee safety and great aesthetic pleasure to all owners of a country house..