Today, wall murals have gained great popularity in interior design. They open up a lot of possibilities in creating original furnishings, which many experienced designers use with success. As for the bedroom, a special approach is needed here, since the room should maximally dispose to rest and good sleep. In our article we will consider the features of photo wallpaper for the bedroom, as well as their modern varieties..
Advantages and features of photo wallpaper
Wall murals, of course, are an excellent decorative element that can significantly decorate the interior, emphasize the style and dignity of the bedroom. However, the benefits of this type of finish are not limited to decoration. Wall murals are capable of performing a number of functions in the interior, for example:
– Play an essential role in the zoning of space. Various combinations of photowall-paper patterns with other types of finishes (painting, plaster, etc.) are able to highlight certain zones in a spacious room. Often they are placed at the head of the bed or on the opposite wall. They can emphasize a recreation area with armchairs and a coffee table (if any), niches and other territories;
– Correct the visual perception of space. Placing photo wallpaper on one of the walls can visually “move it aside”, making the room much more spacious. Usually, in this case, panoramic images are used, plots that imitate the continuation of a room, objects in perspective;
– Hide existing imperfections in the surfaces of walls or ceilings. Wallpaper on a vinyl or non-woven base will better cope with this task. The uneven surface will be perfectly masked by bright images filled with paints, and the alternation of large and small details of the pattern will cope with defects in the corners;
– Create accents. Since bedrooms, most often, are decorated in pastel colors, photo wallpapers will help revive an empty interior, add variety;
– Emphasize the style of the overall design of the room. Correctly selected images will perfectly complement a stylish interior. Floral motifs, frescoes, landscapes are characteristic of classical and rural areas, and modern styles (high-tech, loft, minimalism) will support panoramic images of cities, various attractions;
– Ceiling photomurals will successfully replace expensive stretch canvases, while having an equally spectacular look.
Having decided to decorate the bedroom with photo wallpapers, you need to take care of their correct placement in order to get a truly spectacular interior. If you plan to wallpaper a whole wall, you need to take care in advance so that in the future part of the plot is not covered by bulky furniture. If the wallpaper is glued to visually increase the area, it is better to completely abandon furniture near the wall. Images are selected based on the size of the room, since large elements in a small bedroom will exert pressure, and too small in a large one will simply get lost.
Types of wallpaper for the bedroom
Today’s market can boast of a huge selection of photo wallpapers, among which you can find both roll and picture models with a variety of textures, effects, images and other distinctive characteristics..
Depending on the materials of manufacture
When choosing a wallpaper, it is important to pay attention to the material from which the basis for printing is made, since the service life of the coating, its environmental friendliness, and ease of gluing depend on this. There are several main types that are suitable for decorating the walls of the bedroom:
1. Paper wallpaper. This type belongs to the simplest budget options, as it has low quality characteristics. Although the paper base is quite dense, it is afraid of high humidity conditions, but considering that we are talking about the bedroom, they can last quite a long time here. The advantage of such canvases is high color rendering and a smooth, almost glossy surface, which well demonstrates the realism of images..
2. Vinyl wallpaper. Photowall-paper is distinguished by a wide variety of textures, high strength and durability. They are not whimsical to the environment and are easy to clean..
3. Non-woven wallpaper. The material is quite durable, has a characteristic matte surface. This species is able to “breathe” and is recognized as the most environmentally friendly among others. Light airy plots and watercolor painting look great on non-woven canvases, while the canvases ideally mask the existing imperfections of the walls.
4. Self-adhesive wallpaper. Wall murals, as the name implies, have an adhesive base, but are used, in most cases, as small paintings that are easy to work with..
When choosing wallpaper for the ceiling, PVC-based canvases are also used, which are of excellent quality, and velor, which have colorful, bright colors, an unusual texture.
Which coating to choose
In addition to the material that serves as the basis for the photo wallpaper, it is worth paying attention to the choice of the surface of the canvas, on which the perception of the picture will depend. For a small room, it is better to opt for smooth wallpaper that creates reflections. Such canvases can make the interior lighter..
Fans of painting will surely like picture wall murals with a canvas texture or a surface that resembles plaster. Such materials are often used to reproduce historical frescoes or paintings..
To recreate the corners of wildlife, canvases with a texture that truly imitate flax are often used.
Rough coatings have a peculiar grace and dullness. They are great for small rooms, and sand wallpapers, which have small fractions in their structure, can significantly hide imperfections and defects in wall surfaces..
Drawing photomurals for the bedroom
The image on the wallpaper plays an important role. First of all, you need to remember that the colors of the picture should be combined with the rest of the interior items. Each person, depending on their temperament, perceives these or those combinations in their own way. Bright colors of the wallpaper work well with light shades of the setting, and you can choose rich accent colors of the image to the pastel colors of the surrounding finish. The most popular photomurals in the interior of the bedroom include the following:
– Landscapes showing forests, waterfalls, plants, various flowers, etc. Such wallpapers are suitable for any style of room decoration, filling it with freshness;
– Marine theme, telling about the beauty of endless expanses of water and beautiful life. There may be images of old ships and modern ocean liners, luxury yachts, beaches, etc .;
– Reproductions of works of art that are appropriate in large rooms with appropriate stylish furnishings;
– Abstract images can be quite interesting. Such photomurals require appropriate views of the owner and modern furnishings;
– Images of cities – panoramic pictures of large cities or modest streets. The choice will depend on the personal preferences of the owners and the style of the interior. The first option is most appropriate for trendy high-tech, loft areas, and the second for bedrooms in Provence, Mediterranean directions.
Photo wallpaper with effects
Modern design ideas involve many solutions that allow you to create the most unexpected interiors, and the first helpers in this are photo wallpapers with special effects, namely:
1. Volumetric 3D-wallpaper. When creating this type of photo wallpaper, a special technique of drawing a pattern is used – several layers of a pattern are applied to the inner film with a transition from dark to light tones. As a result, the human eye perceives a flat drawing as three-dimensional. It should be noted that 3D wallpapers have visual volume only at a distance, so their use is advisable in spacious bedrooms..
2. Expanding space. This type is able to visually “push back” the walls, making the interior much more spacious. For small rooms, a drawing that imitates its continuation would be a good solution, and for more spacious rooms, you can choose any picture, taking into account the style.
3. Luminous wallpaper. A modern original bedroom interior design can be created with the help of luminous wallpaper for walls and ceilings. They are luminous and fluorescent. The first type is able to accumulate streams of light in the daytime, and at night reproduce them in the form of soft, eye-pleasing backlighting, which creates a pleasant romantic atmosphere. Fluorescent wallpaper creates magnificent designer luminous patterns at night (with the help of special lamps) due to the presence of a special powder in the coating, and in the daytime the canvases look like three-dimensional images. Such wallpaper indoors allows you to calmly relax and fall asleep..
Photo wallpaper in the bedroom – photo
We suggest continuing a further overview of the varieties of photo wallpaper for the bedroom in our photo gallery. Here you can choose an image that will make the evening spent in the room calm and peaceful, and the morning really kind and joyful. Happy viewing!