Nowadays, there is a wide selection of forged products and almost everyone can choose the color, shape and style of execution that appeals to him
Balconies in the traditional sense of the word do not differ much from one another, therefore the wrought-iron balconies, photos of which you can see on this page, are the highlight that will make the house stylish and attractive in appearance. What is so special about such metal structures?
A beautiful, well-groomed, and most importantly a blooming balcony is the dream of any hostess, while it is very important that the flowers you choose and the balcony fence itself are combined with each other
The art of artistic forging has very ancient roots and despite the fact that it has been practiced since ancient times, it is very popular in our time.
A stylish, beautiful and well-groomed balcony will help you express your individuality, create your own style, and also give a special charm to your home or apartment.
- Resistance to precipitation and high moisture levels (if the coating is treated with a special anti-corrosion agent).
Forged balconies will help to give an exclusive, stylish and respectable look to the facade of your house or apartment, using openwork weaves
- Durability, the service life of the product with proper operation is more than 100 years, while the appearance of the structure practically does not change, the product does not need to be constantly cleaned and painted.
The imagination of designers and the most unpredictable tastes of homeowners provide a huge space for the implementation of this or that idea, while obtaining a unique, stylish and very beautiful design of the balcony
- Immunity to ultraviolet light and temperature extremes (the shape of the product does not change from these factors during operation).
A wrought-iron balcony will be an excellent option, both for an apartment and for your own home, because it will help you update or change the facade of the house.
- Strength, the structure is made of high quality steel, which makes the balcony resistant to mechanical and weathering.
The facade of your house is the first thing that guests or just passers-by pay attention to. The exterior decoration of the house is a very important and responsible business, so you need to treat it with all scrupulousness and responsibility.
- Attractive appearance, thanks to the variety of decoration options, you can create a fence that will harmoniously combine with any style.
Each owner, making repairs in a house or apartment, tries to make it not only stylish and beautiful, but also safe for his family, forged balcony railing will help in this, which will be an excellent option
- Unique style. Usually such balconies are made to order, that is, a unique pattern is created..
For modern residents of large cities, it is very difficult to keep up with everything and they often forget about rest, therefore sometimes a beautiful, colorful balcony with many colors is the only way to relax and be alone with yourself
- High price.
- Long enough production.
- Complexity of installation.
- The structure cannot be glazed (therefore, forged fences are mainly used on balconies that are not used for household needs).
There are the following shapes: blown, radius, in the form of an arc, straight, mixed shape. After examining what the forged balconies look like in the photo, you can choose the appropriate option. But usually this parameter depends on the characteristics of the balcony slab (if it is straight, then it will not work to make a semicircular balcony).
Choosing a balcony for your apartment, you need to pay special attention not only to the color and style of the forged product, but also to the materials used in its manufacture.
Popular design styles:
- Baroque – various combs are made, there is pomp in the design.
To emphasize the status or express your individuality, among many of the same type of glazed balconies, you can use a wrought-iron balcony
- Gothic English style – three-dimensional patterns, geometric lines are present.
A beautifully and tastefully decorated balcony will not only be comfortable and practical inside, but will also delight your guests and just passers-by with its appearance from the outside
- Modern – smooth and sophisticated lines.
Nowadays, polymer products that imitate forged products have become quite common, they are almost impossible to distinguish, but still they are not a full-fledged replacement for forged products.
Forged elements of the balcony can be geometric or in the form of natural motives, depending on the wishes of the customer.
Flowers will help your balcony to create your own unique style, they will make it brighter, more comfortable, and will also help to create an “island” of nature in a noisy metropolis
This parameter is determined individually, since different houses may have their own comfortable height.
A bright, modern and well-kept balcony is a sign of good taste among the owners of the house, the facade creates the first impression of the owners and their tastes
You can decorate the balcony with glass plates, but they will constantly get dirty, so you will need to wash the cover often. In addition, only a specialist should install a balcony with glass inserts so that the structure is stable and durable..
An excellent design solution for your home will be a forged balcony, the strength of the metal will allow it to be in excellent condition for centuries
There are two types of forged products: cold and hot. For the cold method of artistic forging, special equipment is used, which forms the parts of the desired type. This is a more budgetary and efficient way of forging. The individual components of the balcony are produced for the equipment, and then a full-fledged structure is made from them. Stages of work with the cold method of obtaining products: preparation of a sketch, calculation and purchase of materials, creation of blanks, stamping of parts, installation of a fence.
Nowadays, forged products are very popular, because modern professionals have fully mastered the skill of forging, so any surprises in the work are excluded
The hot forging method is a more difficult task, but the products are not only of better quality, but also more aesthetically pleasing. The material has good strength and excellent anti-corrosion performance. But when making, the experience of the blacksmith is especially important (more than with cold forging).
The original style of finishing the balcony will help instill pride in the owners, as well as make passers-by to join the beautiful creation
This method also has disadvantages:
- High price of the resulting product.
- Long production (some items require 2-3 months to create).
Now the methods of making forged products, as well as the materials from which forged balconies are made, are very diverse: various grades of ductile steels, as well as copper, bronze, aluminum, brass, titanium and their alloys
Forged fences are an excellent decorative element, so they are often chosen when building a new house, or when restoring an old balcony slab. For example, today wrought-iron balconies in private houses are relevant, photo examples are full of variety and unusual shapes. You can make such a decoration yourself, this requires only a little experience in working with metals and the material itself.
Forged products are almost universal, such a balcony can fit into almost any exterior of your home, from classic to modern
To make a forged balcony with your own hands, follow these steps:
- Prepare a drawing and indicate all dimensions on it;
- Find out the places in the city where you can buy suitable materials;
- Calculate the amount of material needed to create a balcony railing;
- Buy raw materials (it is desirable that it is of medium thickness);
- Prepare equipment for cutting metal into component parts;
- Create curls and other curved details;
- Forge the support frame for all sections;
- Assemble by first securing the curved parts by welding;
- Clean the joints and treat them with a primer;
- Install sections on poles.
It is important to note that artistic forging in the exterior of a house or apartment looks so easy, elegant and beautiful, and everyone should think about such an acquisition.
The structure can be painted to increase its service life.
For many people, forged balconies are associated with an era that has long passed, but forged products can be not only pretentious and enchanting, but can easily embody new trends in fashion and style.
To prevent the structure from becoming rusty, it is necessary to treat it with special primers. They come in different types, although all can be used for these purposes:
- Red lead – creates a neutral film on the coating that is resistant to corrosion;
- Phosphating agents – the composition contains an acid that does not allow the protective coating to dissolve quickly, which allows you to maintain an attractive appearance of the product for a longer time;
- Zinc compounds are also resistant to corrosion;
- Insulating primers – create a protective layer between the metal and the environment, do not allow moisture to affect the metal.
Wrought iron balconies are perfect not only for apartments in a big metropolis, private houses in a small town, but also for a small country house in a holiday village
Following the primer, the structure is treated with a special heat-resistant coating. In addition to the main function, it also has a decorative purpose: it is important that the composition matches in color with the design of the facade of the building and with the metal product itself.
To make the forged balcony look relaxed and organic in the exterior of your house, you can add a couple more forged parts, while taking into account the style of execution of forged products
Usually, the coloring is done in black, gray and white colors. Another common method is patination, when processing is performed with compositions for gold, silver, copper, etc..
Flowers on the balcony will be an interesting design solution, because forged products are perfectly combined with living plants, and flowers on the balcony can not only please the eyes of the owners, but also protect from street noise, dust and harmful fumes
Each detail is made individually, first a sketch is prepared, which indicates all the dimensions and other characteristics of the future structure. The cost as a whole will depend on the complexity of these characteristics..
If you used wrought-iron balconies in the exterior of a country house, then it can be supplemented with wicker furniture, garden lamps and fragrant flowering plants – all this will help you create an atmosphere of comfort
- Dimensions. One running meter of the fence costs on average 3-6 thousand rubles, that is, the cost of a small French balcony will be about 8-9 rubles. If the structure is more bulky – about 15-17 thousand rubles and more.
The balcony in your house or apartment can become exactly the place where you can stay alone and relax, a place for relaxation
- The need to manufacture additional attributes. For example, a balcony can be equipped with special wrought-iron flower girls (cost 3-5 thousand rubles). There can also be a wrought iron railings on the balcony, a photo of examples can be viewed on this page. The cost of the elements is on average 3-4 thousand rubles. A variant of forged tables and chairs is possible (such designs cost about 12 thousand rubles per element).
If you want to get a good result, without unexpected surprises, then for the manufacture of a wrought-iron balcony, it is best to turn to professionals who have been working in this market for more than one year, and also have a good reputation.
- The client’s wishes and the complexity of the order. Preparation of a sketch costs about 1-3 thousand rubles. More complex orders increase the total cost by 1-3 thousand rubles for each running meter of forging.
Modern craftsmen of art forging will help you create a balcony, maintaining the style of the exterior and interior of your home
Of course, these are average prices; they may differ from company to company. You can see the photos and prices in more detail on the Internet..
Do not believe the stereotypes that wrought-iron balconies are a luxury for the rich, because almost everyone can choose a budget option for themselves.
Products made using the artistic forging method are more expensive, but such designs have advantages:
- Wear resistance of materials – they are immune to rust, decay, destruction, deformation and temperature extremes.
- Original design and aesthetic appeal – this is an exclusive product that will attract the attention of others.
Often people are convinced that forged balconies are the personification of one style, for example, baroque, but nowadays designers can provide you with interesting examples that will look stylish and modern.
When creating a project, it is important that any element can be replaced at the request of the customer..
- The manufacturer or the manufacturing company must have its own kitchen or at least a welding workshop, it is imperative that there are experienced blacksmiths who perform welding of bent structures, products to order.
When making a choice of a balcony, you need to decide exactly what kind of end result you want to get: will it be a luxury or a laconic and restrained design
The company should have a qualified designer who knows how to demonstrate ready-made projects, talk about their merits.
- If you need to make a fence in an ordinary multi-storey building, there may be restrictions on the approximate weight of the structure. The balcony slab must be able to support the weight of the structure..
For many people, a well-made and equipped balcony is the embodiment of comfort, the cult of personal space, harmony with oneself and the world around it.
The French balcony is a wrought-iron fence, which ideally combines the highest quality workmanship, affordable cost and exclusive design. The product does not need additional finishing, since the window frame acts as the handrail of the structure, which saves on materials and work.
Wrought-iron balconies always look fashionable and original, and it is up to you to use geometric patterns, or patterns of the plant world, to make lines smooth, rounded or strict and straight.
This type of balconies appeared in the seventeenth century, at first the structure was something like a door or window protruding slightly against the background of the wall.
The railing is installed from floor to top, and is usually completely transparent (you can see how wrought-iron French balconies look in the photo). At the bottom, the product can be decorated with sandwich panels (tinting can also be used).
If we are talking about a private house, then in this case, the choice is made in favor of natural materials that look simple and tasteful.
Although the French balcony is an elegant design, it is usually quite massive in weight, therefore, before installing the fence, it is necessary to strengthen the base..
Often, the owners of the house, in order to create a sophisticated design and complete their idea, complement the exterior of the house with whatnots, stands for indoor plants, candlesticks, as well as elements of forged furniture.
The product not only decorates the view of the building from the outside, but also adds attractiveness to the interior inside, makes the room brighter due to the large glazing area.
When choosing a wrought-iron balcony for your home, you should take into account many factors that, at first glance, seem insignificant or even imperceptible, but at the same time play a significant role, for example, the height of the balcony
- Frame application. This is one of the most popular French-style balcony designs. It allows you to create a cozy and stylish interior that suits almost any style..
- Application of spros. These elements are installed inside the glass and are a fairly popular option for decorating a balcony. Details can be black, white and other colors, the main thing is that they are in harmony with the decor of the room. For example, for an interior in a classic style, golden shims are well suited, which make the atmosphere more pompous..
- The use of glasses of different colors. The French balcony itself is a rather original window design option, and with the use of multi-colored glass, it becomes even more sophisticated.
- Tinted glass. You can also use matte surfaces. The density of the glass is selected depending on which side the windows face. The advantage of tinting is that it is installed inside the glass unit, so it cannot be scratched..
- Using custom fittings. Handles and other elements are selected depending on the color of the fence. Another option is also possible: if the balcony is not very remarkable in appearance, you can focus on it with the help of bright fittings.
- The use of forged elements. For example, you can install wrought iron gratings on the balcony, this attribute goes well with classic-style interiors.
Despite the fact that forged balconies are a rather old element of the exterior, but nowadays most of them look very modern, and many are even made in the Art Nouveau style.
Of course, it is not possible to make a wrought-iron balcony in every home. If this is a typical building, then sometimes it is quite difficult to dismantle the old structure and install a new one. However, if you live in a private house, or even more so you are building a new house, then this option will be very relevant..
- Firstly, it is non-standard (forged fences are not so common).
- Secondly, it is a good alternative to the already boring standard balconies..
- Thirdly, if you want to make not a full-fledged balcony, but a decorative element that does not protrude much from the wall, you can create such a structure even where there was no balcony before.
You should not fall for the general stereotype that the balcony is only needed to store old things there, because the balcony can be arranged so that it becomes a zone of relaxation, comfort and coziness
It is enough to make glazing (that is, remove the old window with a window sill and install a new structure from the floor), and fix a small French balcony (however, you will need to securely fix the base).