Wooden houses from a bar (53 photos): projects and their features
Wooden houses from a bar – a great opportunity to implement unusual architectural solutions
Wooden houses from a bar, the projects of which attract the fact that it is possible to implement unusual and complex architectural solutions, while retaining all the advantages and advantages of a wooden house, are in ever-growing demand. Such a house is distinguished by its strength, durability, high thermal insulation and significantly better fire safety than houses made of rounded logs..
The project of a house from a bar: development features
The construction of houses from a bar, regardless of their complexity and size, necessarily begins with the development of the project. At the same time, projects of wooden houses made of laminated veneer lumber should take into account several factors:
- the number of people who will live in the house, as well as their age
- the frequency of residence of people in the house – permanent or seasonal
- how often are you going to host
- the style in which you want to build a house
- number of storeys
- the presence of an attached garage, veranda or terrace
The creation of a project helps to accurately determine the requirements for the house
It should be borne in mind that there are premises that you simply cannot do without: a kitchen, a dining room, a living room, a bathroom (one or more), an entrance group. Add rooms for family members here and get the approximate area of the house.
Any house will have a minimum set of necessary premises.
If the required area is too large, you should think about the fact that some rooms can be combined, for example, create a spacious kitchen-dining room-living room on the first floor, and move the bedrooms to the second floor, turning it into a “private area”. Some rooms – storage rooms, boiler room, gym can be placed in the basement.
Having decided on the goals and requirements for the house, you can easily sort all the rooms
Advice! When designing, you must try to avoid planning walk-through rooms – this will create a lot of inconvenience to residents.
Draw a tentative layout of the rooms and try to plot the movement of family members on it. This will make it possible to understand how convenient it will be for everyone to get into their own room, where it will be optimal to place a common bathroom and it is better to arrange a staircase. And after that you can contact a professional architect or look for a suitable typical project.
The scheme of movement of family members around the house is a simple and affordable way to avoid design mistakes
Be sure to take into account that projects of wooden houses and cottages made of timber have a fundamental difference from the design of stone (brick) houses in terms of choosing the length / width of the house.
The length of the timber will be limited, which imposes restrictions on the length and width of the walls
If in a monolithic stone wall there are practically no restrictions in this regard, then when using glued beams, it should be borne in mind that its length is limited – usually 6 or 12 meters. Therefore, when designing, it should be provided that the length of the wall, up to the junction of the lintel of the interior partition, is in the range of the length of the bar. This will avoid problems with butt joints, which degrade the overall rigidity of the structure and reduce thermal insulation..
Butt joints can reduce thermal insulation and overall structural rigidity
In addition, this approach will reduce costs by reducing the amount of waste generated when cutting a bar..
The project, calculated according to the size of the timber, will be more profitable
An individual project will help to take into account all the wishes of the developer, but at the same time its creation will take a lot of time and will cost a lot. Typical projects of wooden houses from a bar will cost much less. In addition, due to the fact that the shrinkage of a wooden house from a bar is minimal (in general – no more than 1%), then all work can be done during the season.
An individual project will allow you to create the most suitable housing, but it will take a lot of time and will be more expensive
It is also important that the standard project has already passed all the approvals in the relevant authorities, which means that it fully meets the requirements of GOSTs and SNiPs. And more – it will be possible to see the completed project not on paper, but “live”. At the same time, since any typical project necessarily undergoes adaptation (it is “adapted” to the specific conditions of the area), it will be possible to make some adjustments to the internal layout.
Typical projects are not rigidly fixed and you can make some changes to them
Wooden houses made of profiled timber: choose the number of storeys
A wooden house made of profiled beams can have three, and in some cases even four floors, but an increase in the number of storeys leads to a sharp increase in the cost of a residential square meter. Therefore, in private housing construction, one- and two-story houses prevail..
A wooden house made of profiled timber is most often made one- and two-storey
One-story wooden houses from a bar are attracted, first of all, by the simplicity and speed of construction. A one-story house project is both developed faster and cheaper. A one-story house is preferable for older people – they do not have to go down / up stairs. In addition, the absence of stairs will increase the usable area of the house, and the cost of installing the stairs is significant..
One-story wooden houses from a bar are quickly designed and built
Additional savings – on the laying of a relatively “light” foundation. An important drawback of a one-story house is its area, since for a comfortable stay outside the city a family will need at least 100-120 m2 (otherwise there is no point in a country house), on a small plot such a house will take up a significant part of it. In addition, a lot of roofing material will be required..
One-story houses can occupy a large area on the site
A two-story wooden house from a bar allows you to get enough living space for those who cannot boast of an extensive plot. This approach allows the house to be zoned into “personal” (most often – the second floor with bedrooms) and “common” (kitchen, living room) living space. True, the costs of laying the foundation are increasing, but the costs of roofing are reduced. In addition, in architectural terms, the two-story house looks more spectacular and allows you to implement many original design ideas..
Two-story wooden houses from a bar allow you to save space on the site
A house from a bar with an attic: convenient, practical, economical
A log house with an attic can be considered a compromise solution when choosing between a one- and two-story house. On the one hand, it allows you to get enough living space while saving on costs. An additional floor, obtained by expanding and arranging the under-roof space, can be used to equip a bedroom, but it is especially good to make a children’s room in the attic. For children, frequent ascents / descents of stairs will not be a problem, and for teenagers it will be psychologically pleasant to have their own living space.
The attic is a great example of practical use of space
There are several important points to consider when choosing a project for a one-story wooden house with a loft from a bar:
- how the attic will be insulated, as well as hydro and vapor barrier of the roof
- choice of roofing material – a metal roof will require additional sound insulation, since it will transmit noise from hail or rain to the inside of the attic. Natural shingles will require the installation of a powerful rafter system. Optimally – a soft roof, which will act as an additional insulating material and has good sound-absorbing properties
- organization of lighting – due to the installation of dormer windows, which can be placed between the rafter legs, the duration of daylight hours in the attic is significantly increased, allowing additional savings on electricity bills
- if the project involves the reconstruction of housing – the arrangement of an attic instead of an attic, it is necessary to provide for strengthening the foundation (if necessary), as well as strengthening the floor beams and the rafter system
- to make the most of the available space, you will have to find special furniture to use the space directly under the rafters
- the choice of the type and location of the stairs is of great importance. On the one hand, it should be as comfortable as possible, on the other, it should not take up much space, so the most popular option is the spiral staircase..
Two-story wooden houses from a bar allow you to save space on the site
House project with a large attic and small bay windows in the kitchen and living room in Fig. 1.
Rice. 1. Project of a house from a bar in a large attic.
The project of a house from a bar with an attic and a veranda with detailed furniture arrangement is shown in Fig. 2
Rice. 2. Project of a log house with a veranda and an attic
A house from a bar with a garage: we take into account the features
When choosing a project, many car owners face the question – choose a house project with a garage or build a garage separately.
Several factors speak in favor of choosing a project with a garage:
- saving space – when building a house and a garage together, less space will be taken, plus – a separate road to the garage is not needed
- convenient – from the garage you can immediately get into the house and vice versa, which is especially pleasant in autumn, when it is raining, or in spring, when it is cold. Both feet and purchases will stay dry
- a car parked in a relatively warm garage is easier to start in winter
- the garage can turn into a “men’s corner” or a workshop, where there is a place not only for tools, but also for a sports simulator or computer.
A project with a garage is more economical, more convenient, in winter it will be a little warmer in the garage
In doing so, the project must take into account several factors specific to the garage. First of all, there is an increased fire hazard in the garage, which may contain flammable materials. In addition, the project should provide for some buffer zone (room), which will cut off automobile “specific” smells – gasoline, exhaust gases from the residential area. Or provide a separate ventilation system for the garage in the project.
The garage in timber houses from a bar must have either a buffer room or a separate ventilation system.
And one more important point – the need to wash (at least wash off the dirt) the car before putting it in the garage, which is especially important in the “dirty” months of spring / autumn. Therefore, the project must provide not only water supply, but also a drainage system..
The project of a log house with a garage and an attic with an area of 122 m2 is shown in Fig. 3 and 4.
Rice. 3. Ground floor plan
Rice. 4. Attic plan
The project of a two-storey house with an area of 232 m2 with a garage in Fig. 5, 6 and 7.
Wooden houses from a bar. Rice. 5
Wooden houses from a bar. Rice. 6
Wooden houses from a bar. Rice. 7
Houses from a bar with a bay window: add attractiveness to the house
The use of such an architectural element as a bay window makes the exterior of the house original and attractive. At the same time, the bay window not only gives the house a prestigious, presentable look, but also allows, at low cost, to significantly increase the useful living space, improve the illumination of the room and get a beautiful panoramic view. The bay window can be of any shape: rectangular, square, semicircular, trapezoidal or multifaceted. Optimally, the bay window is suitable for arranging a recreation area, a dining group or a winter garden (greenhouse).
Houses from a bar with a bay window look more stylish and interesting
Of other wood building materials, glued laminated timber is best suited for the construction of curly ledges. Thanks to the locking system of the material, the overall strength of the structure is achieved, and the house itself turns out to be well protected from blowing.
Glued laminated timber is great for arranging a bay window
When creating a project of a log house with a bay window, several features should be taken into account:
- a bay window, as a protruding non-standard element, will be in harmony with the overall architectural composition if it has a complex roof, the original shape of the windows or an exquisite entrance group
- a bay window increases the number of corners in a building, which reduces the overall rigidity of the box. To enhance the stability of the box at home, the project should provide for laying two or three inseparable crowns below and above. In addition, additional insulation of the mating points will be required.
- a bay window with solid glazing of the walls looks very impressive, but this extension option is suitable for a summer house (dacha). For a house with permanent residence, it is better to limit yourself to the glazing of half of the bay window – the house will turn out warmer
- due to the peculiarities of the properties and laying of the timber, the choice of the shape of the bay window has a number of limitations. First of all, it is quite difficult to remove a semicircular bay window, in addition, the strength indicators of the material are violated. The optimal shape of a bay window for a house from a bar – triangular, rectangular or pentahedral.
Arrangement of a bay window has its own characteristics that should be considered when planning a house
The project of a house with a bay window and an attic in fig. eight
Wooden houses from a bar. Rice. eight