Meat with vegetables cooked in a stone-coated pan
A stone-coated frying pan is still unusual for us, and many are interested in how to choose it correctly. After all, the typical criteria do not always apply to it. It attracts not only with its unusual appearance, but also with its originality. Many more housewives who already use such dishes claim that the food cooked in it is much tastier..
Stone Coated Grill Pan
Stone coating will prevent your food from burning
Any dish will taste amazing in a stone-coated pan
Until recently, there was no alternative to Teflon, but over time, safer options began to appear. The top was a stone covering – natural and completely safe. Although many argue that Teflon is completely safe for health, skeptics still find many “buts”.
For example, Teflon is the perfect coating until the first scratch. Then such a frying pan is simply dangerous to use, because when heated, it emits harmful substances. The same happens if there is a very strong heating. The stone coating does not suffer from all this..
Note! Stone dishes are far from a new invention, because even our ancient ancestors used a similar one for cooking. And, apparently, this is one of the aspects of survival, and hence the existence of modern man..
Perfect casserole cooked in a stone-coated pan
Stone Coated Cookware Set
Of course, the hostess is not offered to cook on a piece of stone, in its natural state. The stone chips will undergo preliminary crushing. It will cover the metal surface of the pan blank. The ability to use stone to cover pans is now believed to be an epoch-making technological achievement..
Advice! By simply changing the cooking utensils, you can turn your favorite, but not entirely healthy dishes into useful ones. Due to the correction of the cooking technology, an amazing effect is achieved.
Meat cooked in a stone-coated pan will surprise you with its juiciness
Frying pan with stone coating inside
To begin with, the durability of the stone coating is several times greater than that of polymer and ceramic. The applied stone chips are an innovative invention of European scientists. This type of coating was developed specifically for kitchen utensils..
Full imitation of natural stone is achieved through high-quality processing of the crumb. It is equally important that such dishes are environmentally friendly. With significant heating, it does not emit harmful compounds into food and into the human body.
Such a frying pan is not afraid of blows, erasure of the surface and scratches on it. In addition, it can be used on all types of hobs, including induction.
Stone coated cookware is gaining popularity in the world
Cooking pancakes in a stone-coated pan is a real pleasure.
You can cook really healthy food in it without using oils at all. The stone surface gives you the opportunity to taste how the food cooked on the stones tasted. Dishes cooked in such dishes are distinguished by aroma and excellent taste. Most importantly, the products do not lose their beneficial qualities..
- The meat will remain juicy and tender.
- Vegetables will retain vitamins inside themselves that are so beneficial for humans..
Note! A grill pan with such a coating will allow the fat that flows out of the food to drain freely without touching the food. This allows the taste of food to remain rich and natural..
Stone coating allows perfect cooking of both meat and vegetables
Fish cooked in a stone-coated grill pan
Choosing a frying pan with a stone coating stands for a number of undeniable advantages, namely:
- In food, even fried, there are no carcinogens, which are formed when the oil is heated to 180 degrees. After all, it is prepared without oil at all, a special coating allows you to use the internal reserve of the product and cook it in natural conditions.
- Food does not burn on the stone-coated pan due to the technological surface.
- The stone covering is the most resistant of the existing ones..
- The taste of a product prepared without a gram of oil will be exquisite and truly unique..
- In such a frying pan, food will not burn or dry out..
- Its bottom is thick, which eliminates deformation.
- The frying pan is practically wear-free. What is only a 20-25 year warranty from the manufacturer?.
Note! If counterfeiters have learned to create pseudo-Teflon pans with poor-quality coating, then it has not yet been possible to create a surrogate for a stone pan, due to the complexity of the technological process..
There are no drawbacks, the only thing that can scare off potential buyers is the high price. But given the warranty period for its operation, it is still worth purchasing one.
Delicious and healthy food cooked in stone-coated pans
Stone coating is the key to quality-cooked food
There are many factors to consider when choosing a good stone-coated skillet. After all, not only technical characteristics are important, but also the correct selection of the size, type, etc..
Wall thickness, weight
Since the pan has a stone coating, its weight will be considerable. As well as the thickness of the walls. When choosing, you should pay attention to these indicators. The thicker and heavier the pan, the less likely it will burn. The food will be tastier and juicier. Due to the inclusion of particles of marble and granite, the coating has an unusual appearance.
Coming out of the indicators of the thickness of the product and its weight, you can run into the first falsification. In fact, this is not a fake, but a very skillful deception. Frying pans are made not with a stone coating, but with a titanium sputtering with Teflon, which only imitates a natural material. However, it does not have its properties, and it’s not worth remembering about environmental friendliness..
Stone-coated pans are thick-walled and quite heavy
There is a stone inside the pan, it can also be outside, but not always. In order to reduce the price, manufacturers cover the outer side with enamel or ceramics, and sometimes leave it completely uncoated. In use, if the inner layer is thick enough, then the outer coating does not matter. It’s a matter of taste and budget.
Sometimes additional thickening due to the external stone coating improves the consumer qualities of the frying pan, but also increases its price by 1.5-2 times.
Stone coating of the frying pan inside and out
Frying pan with stone coating on the inside and ceramic on the outside
Stone pan – cast. The main characteristics of this manufacturing method are high weight, heating rate and cooling time. It is convenient to stew and fry in them. These casting qualities are supported by a unique coating.
The choice of material for the handle depends to a large extent on where exactly such utensils will be used. Some features:
- Material: heat-resistant plastic, wood with a protective coating, silicone. These are easy to clean and hygienic. They are not affected by an acidic and humid environment, they almost do not heat up, which means there will be no burns. Great solution for home use.
- Metal handles. Such pans are chosen for use in food service establishments. This allows you to cook food in full compliance with sanitary standards. In addition, these can be put in the oven, because the metal will withstand heating up to 450 degrees. True, the risk of getting burned increases..
A plastic handle in such pans is a fairly common solution.
A handle in a skillet with the same stone finish will be quite heavy
When choosing, you should pay attention to the removable handles. The safest option would be a handle that is attached to the pan. If it is riveted, then it is important to check the strength of the fastening, which depends on the size of the fasteners. If you need a frying pan to use in the oven, then you need models with a removable handle..
Probably the rarest pan handle is the wooden handle.
Frying pan with metal handle
Dimensions and purpose
When choosing a diameter, you should focus on the number of people for whom you plan to cook. Approximate landmarks:
- For 1 person, a frying pan with a diameter of 18-20 cm is enough.
- For two – 24 cm.
- For three – 26 cm.
- Four and more – 28 cm.
Frying pan wok
Stone Coated Grill Pan
The diameter is measured along the upper edge, based on this indicator, you will also need to choose a cover. When choosing a size, it is worth considering which burner is in size. The pan should not be much larger or much smaller than it..
Regarding the purpose, it will not be possible to do with one frying pan. The stone coating is applied to all known types of pans: pancake, WOK, grill and others. The presence of different options will allow you to cook tasty, beautiful and healthy.
Frying pan for cooking cutlets
Crepe maker with stone coating
The choice of the lid is a must-have event that will ensure the convenience of handling this type of crockery..
Note! A standard frying pan rarely comes with a lid..
The following options are now offered:
- Glass. It is beautiful and easy to use, as it will be possible to see the cooking process through it. Its handle should be made of heat-resistant material that does not heat up.
- Metallic. Differs in durability, because it will not break from falling, unlike glass.
Both types of lids must have a steam outlet, so food cooked in a stone pan will be even healthier. The lid also allows you to limit the splashing of oil from the fried food. When choosing a lid, you need to focus on the diameter of the pan.
Glass lids are very convenient to use
Other important criteria
- Convenience and attractive appearance. In addition to the fact that the dishes should please with their appearance, they simply have to be comfortable. Before buying, you should try to hold it in your hand. This will help determine how comfortable the handle is and how much weight you feel..
- Before buying, you should study which manufacturers are represented, read reviews about their pans.
- Don’t be tempted by the low price, because a stone-coated pan cannot be cheap. If there is one, then, most likely, this is only an imitation of stone chips, and not a natural stone.
After purchasing a new pan, you need to wash it with a sponge and detergent. Rinse thoroughly under running water, preferably cold. Before first use, grease with oil or vegetable fat in a small amount.
Recommendations for use:
- to increase durability, it is worth using wooden, silicone or plastic (heat-resistant) spatulas and spoons;
- it is worth excluding sudden temperature changes. In rare cases, this leads to the formation of cracks in the coating;
- do not heat it empty;
- it is better to wash it by hand, not in the dishwasher.
A stone-coated pan is best hand washed
A plastic or wooden spatula is best for cooking in a stone-coated pan.
- Great taste of food – benefits, sophistication and high taste characteristics.
- Fast cooking. In it, food is cooked several times faster, which allows you to forget about dry-boiled sandwiches..
- Versatility. It can be used on any stove, you can cook any food in it: boiled, stewed, baked.
- Ease of maintenance. Easy to clean as nothing sticks to it.
- Aesthetics. The nobility of the stone was embodied in her at its best.
Food cooked in a stone-coated pan is healthier and often tastier.
A stone-coated pan is a convenience and ease of cooking
Now the problem of how to choose a frying pan with a stone coating has been practically solved, because numerous reviews “for” the use of such dishes speak for themselves. The price at the moment is rather big, but it will take a very long time to use it, while the food will be tasty and healthy.