Paintings with abstractions should fit into the overall color scheme of the room
It has long been customary to decorate the head of the bed. It was empty only in very poor families, this tradition has been preserved and smoothly flowed into modern everyday life. Even today, paintings in the bedroom above the bed become the main decoration of the room. Photos of design works are replete with various ideas, some of which simply blur the boundaries of fantasy. But there are some unspoken points that you should still adhere to when choosing a masterpiece for a bedchamber.
The bedroom is a place for rest, relaxation, getting a good sleep. The painting is her main accent, which not only primarily attracts attention and harmonizes with the interior, but also gradually affects the psyche, as psychologists say. That is why, in the question of which picture to hang in the bedroom above the bed, it is important to take into account not only the advice of decorators, but also Feng Shui specialists..
Painting in the bedroom above the bed is the best way to decorate a room.
The painting can become a color accent in the bedroom.
The diptych in the bedroom can be placed along the entire length of the headboard
There should not be many pictures in the bedroom: if there are too many pictures, the opposite effect will work – they will not attract, but annoy and even repel. As a result, the nervous system will begin to loosen up and sleep will worsen, and everyone knows what the worsening sleep leads to..
Advice! Decor experts recommend placing no more than three images in the bedroom above the bed. At the same time, each of them should have some kind of unifying plot part..
Paintings with a marine theme set a person up for relaxation
- You can’t hang pictures on too patterned wallpaper, because there will be the effect of “horses, people …”.
The landscape with the image of a waterfall will look harmonious
Advice! The best background option for a picture at the head of the bed is a plain wall or wallpaper with a sparse strip.
Striped wallpaper is the best background for a picture in the bedroom
- The palette of the image should not contrast too sharply with the general tone of the interior, but ideally it should be good so that it repeats some of its color moments.
Bedroom in gray and white shades: a picture that fits perfectly into the interior of the room
- The theme of the drawing and the technique of execution should be general, for example, abstract moments are not combined with execution in the form of sketches, and photographs within the framework do not harmonize with watercolors, gouache, ink, etc. Also, heavy paintings painted in oil or acrylic are combined with little else.
The combination of paintings with abstractions in the bedroom
- It is best to hang a picture at eye level..
- The style and appearance of the drawing should also be organic, for example, a masterpiece depicting a metropolis or in Art Nouveau would not be appropriate in a Baroque style bedroom, portraits of a royal family, frescoes or scenes of a medieval hunt in high-tech..
A painting depicting a cityscape, for example, New York, will fit into the interior of a modern bedroom
- If you decide to hang several paintings, you should stick to the same dimensions and shapes..
- Small details are contraindicated for the bedroom, because a person is an inquisitive creature, and instead of calmly preparing for bed, he will toss and turn, lift his head and involuntarily try to consider all the intricate little things. Therefore, you should not post images not only with high detail, but also a large number of small-sized paintings..
A bedroom with many paintings on the walls is not the best option for a rest room.
- Too large masterpieces also differ in their nuances – they are suitable only for rooms with a large area.
The picture and the size of the room are interrelated things. Large rooms need to place large paintings
Advice! The best option is a medium-sized painting with a neutral plot or abstraction..
Still life in a golden frame above the bed
- Interesting geometry. Images with polygonal, round, oval or even whimsical curves should be hung only if they repeat the same motifs already in the room..
- Recently, narrow elongated paintings have become more and more popular. They are hung at the head of the bed in the amount of two or three pieces, observing the symmetry of the trellis.
Advice! Narrow vertical paintings visually increase the height of the ceilings, and horizontal – the width of the walls.
A way to make the room wider: a narrow picture at the headboard
There are a lot of themes and options for color combinations today, and in order not to get lost in the variety, it is worth starting from the style of the bedroom.
Boho style bedroom with small oil paintings of artistic value
Classics, Baroque and Rococo
These trends welcome portraits, family scenes, reproductions of famous artists, frescoes, images of pets, etc..
Paintings with portraits in a classic bedroom
Well, who makes a bedroom in this style? There are also such creative personalities, and here the best picture above the bed is the absence of a picture, or even the bed itself. But sometimes something abstract or from unusual materials – textiles, leather, maybe even metal – fits well into the general atmosphere. Modern designers love such paintings, today they are simply overwhelmed by all creative workshops, by the way, they are not so difficult to make with their own hands..
Black and white abstraction in the loft style bedroom
For a modern bedroom
The most relevant are urban landscapes, bridges, parks, skyscrapers – a kind of urbanization. The delights of macro photography are in no less demand – all kinds of enlarged drops of dew, snowflakes, leaves, rose petals and other similar elements of gigantic sizes.
Urban painting in a modern bedroom
In the high-tech and modern directions, abstractions are often used, and the place above the bed is just for them, so they are not so often striking and do not greatly affect the quality of sleep.
The painting with bright abstraction is harmoniously combined with a wooden headboard and a pastel wall color
Modern design today offers to play with textures.
Types of modern paintings for the bedroom above the bed:
- embossed – convex patterns with pronounced textures;
- textile – light fabrics with lace or a rough burlap base and elements of leather and durable fabrics are used. The set depends on the style of the room;
- sketches – dotted monochrome sketches, suitable for light-colored bedrooms, in others they will simply fade;
Sketches on the walls of the bedroom
- panels – from ordinary or photo wallpaper with the image of your favorite place or photo – a portal that will allow you to move to bright moments;
- modular paintings, amazing novelty. Modular paintings in the bedroom above the bed – a photo divided into several parts and placed in several paintings. The number of segments can vary from two to ten, but we have a rule – no more than three. Therefore, a modular picture at the head will consist of either two or three frames with one plot in half or three.
Materials can be anything – from a photo under glass to a glossy inkjet image on dense synthetics or oil on wood or canvas.
Pictures in a modern bedroom can be ordinary photos of its owner. At the same time, many designers are abandoning bulky frames and glass, preferring simple electronic printing.
If you have doubts or cannot determine the style of the bedroom, nature is to help you with universal plots. A forest in autumn or winter, the seashore, colorful fields and other images of such a plan fit well into any interior.
Advice! Large paintings with panoramic effect will help to visually lengthen the room.
Since the bedroom is a resting place, it is better to use pastel colors..
The picture will harmoniously fit into the interior if you choose it taking into account the color scheme of the room
- light pink;
- etc. unobtrusive shades.
Gray walls and bright abstraction in a modern bedroom
If, nevertheless, the soul or personality traits still require at least a small dose of bright spots, you can add some finishing touches. Let your painting abound in your favorite purple or orange, or be framed in burgundy or green, but these colors must be repeated at some point. For example, in a lamp, a pair of dummy pillows on a nearby chair or bedspread.
A painting with ethnic motives can be a bright touch in a bedroom in dark colors.
Advice! If you feel doubts about the choice of the color of the plot of the picture, there is a universal solution – building a full color scheme of the bedroom in the masterpiece..
Decorating a bedroom with wood is a great alternative for expressive personalities. Pictures with tree branches in such a country house will be perfect
The Chinese wise elders were not only great psychologists, but also knew all the subtleties of the circulation of bioenergy and human interaction with the vortices of the Universe. They have developed a science that teaches us to live in harmony with ourselves and the objects around us. According to Feng Shui, even a painting has a huge impact on our biofields and on life in general – which is why it is important to consider this aspect as well..
Feng Shui prefers plant motifs in the decor of the room
The painting in the bedroom above the bed is located just above our crown, the “lotus flower”, the most important chakra in the entire body. That is why it is so important what will directly affect her at night..
Eastern sages recommend calm images of nature – forest, coast, birds of paradise, flowers, butterflies, etc. All this brings peace and a positive message.
Japanese style bedroom
Alternatively, you can use the image of dreams and aspirations – yachts, villas, plots of places where you dream to travel, cute places from fantasy worlds, etc..
Dreaming of the sea? Feng Shui recommends hanging a painting with a marine theme above the bed.
What is not allowed
Aggressive natural images – roaring lions, wolves and panthers – will not bring peace, but will only tune in a contradictory way. Also, do not place at the head of a desert storm. Raging waves, thundering waterfalls, thunder and lightning over forests, burning trees, etc. This also brings disharmony.
Not according to feng shui: red and black colors on the canvas, riders, a storm will interfere with the pacification of a person in the bedroom
To improve the atmosphere in the family or to attract a soul mate, Feng Shui experts recommend using paired drawings. It can be two flowers, trees leaning towards each other, two deer in a clearing, or a scene from the life of a happy family. And let it be the same notorious “husband, children, fireplace and dog” – this is a normal bright dream of any person, worthy of embodiment in real life.
The color scheme should also be calm and neutral – natural shades of nature (beige, light greens, delicate shades of blue, soft brown tones).
Pictures for the bedroom above the bed are a subtle and even initially paired moment, and therefore you should choose a masterpiece together with your soul mate, and then this little detail will serve you as a talisman and generator of comfort and happiness for many years.