Metal braziers: features of choice, types and everything you need to know for a full-fledged gastronomic rest
Stylish country gazebo with barbecue
Braziers and barbecues are tools that are widely used by all of us for cooking, and probably the most popular options are barbecues and barbecues made of metal or wrought iron barbecues. The product traditionally has a simple design and features that allow you to cook numerous dishes with exquisite taste..
Stationary barbecue made of metal
Original brazier made of metal in the Art Nouveau style
Barbecue grill in the courtyard of a private house
Unusual brazier in the form of a deer
Quality portable brazier with a lid
There are several nuances regarding the choice of the type of product – this is its depth, the presence of holes for air, size and shape. Some are obvious, nevertheless, they are important for the preparation of the dish..
- The openings for the supply of the barbecue and food with a stream of air are an important point in these structures, since it is precisely because of their presence and the correct location of the dishes that they differ from typical dishes made on gas or an electric stove. The inflow of air into the brazier ensures the safety of the temperature regime of coals and heat, therefore it must be ensured.
Advice! When decorating, an important role is played by the pallet, which prevents the falling of coals and regulates the air flow. It is made using a special technology, depending on the needs of a personal nature..
- The early selection of the dimensions of the structure is of particular importance for its further use, since the product must fully comply with the dimensions of the dishes with which it is made.
- Heat to cover the entire length of the skewer. By the way, well-organized skewer recesses will allow you to arrange dishes in any position and fry them from different sides..
All these points can be different from each other. Consider how to make a brazier with your own hands from metal, a photo along with diagrams and drawings.
Carved metal brazier with an oriental roof
Small barbecue grill placed on the terrace table of a private house
Stationary open barbecue made of metal
The main advantages and disadvantages of designs depend on which models to take into account..
Thin-walled options and their advantages
- Mobility and ease of movement;
- Ease of construction;
- Compactness and the ability to install anywhere – in a gazebo, courtyard or patio;
Parts for the manufacture of structures are stamped from thin metal sheets, as a result of which the weight of the structures is low. Folding barbecues are traditionally made. Due to the special operating conditions of such structures, their service life can be significantly reduced, and the walls quickly begin to burn out and deform. In addition, such products consume heat at a rapid pace, as a result of which there is an overconsumption of coal..
Barbecue grill, convenient for nature
Stationary metal brazier for a private house
Thick-walled models and their main advantages
- They are highly resistant to wear and tear;
- Keeps temperature well;
- Has corrosion resistance properties;
- They differ in spaciousness;
- Have a long service life.
But there are nuances in these models, for example, in the low level of portability, since they are made of thick metal sheets, which gives them a lot of weight. The cost of such products is quite high compared to previous grills, and which of the options to choose – everyone decides independently.
Stationary barbecue smokehouse made of metal
Convenient portable barbecue made of metal
To make a brazier out of metal, a photo is not enough; you will also need to decide on the type of the desired product and choose its type. Consider what designs exist today, and how they differ from each other.
Portable type of products: features
The collapsible version, characterized by its compact size, can be taken with you on a walking trip.
- The features of the products are that they are simple in terms of assembly, have simple designs and small dimensions that allow them to be stored anywhere.
- Such products are collapsible and folding. The connection of the barbecue elements is carried out by means of pins and bolts.
- Models are mobile and compact, but they are less reliable than other varieties. It can be problematic to make this product yourself..
- On this structure, the separation of prefabricated elements does not occur completely, but on the contrary, their folding is observed. The disadvantage is the short life of the products..
- There are disposable barbecues that weigh little and are inexpensive, such a product is designed for one use, nevertheless, it is in demand among summer residents and picnic lovers.
Thus, the drawings – barbecues made of metal, photos of which can be found in a wide variety, offer the possibility of erecting such a structure in a short time.
Portable grill with a convenient fixation of skewers
The simplest, cheapest, but also less durable portable grill made of thinner metal
Portable prefabricated brazier made of dense metal
Stationary models: features
These models are available in a variety of options, for example with a roof or without a roof. Barbecues with a roof are a real find for avid summer residents, since they allow you to cook in any weather. The roof will provide protection for the cook and firebox. As a result, the service life of the product is significantly increased. Roofless elements are traditionally installed in places where there is already a canopy.
Designer barbecue made of metal
Original stationary grill with small wooden countertops on the sides
Bulky stationary barbecue made of metal
Braziers with a smokehouse
These products allow not only frying, but also smoking. For the manufacture of such a barbecue, it is necessary to equip it with a dense lid and shelves in which the grill is installed. The principle by which such a construction “works” is very simple:
- At the bottom of the structure, it is necessary to lay thin branches – preferably apple or cherry;
- The grill contains the food you are going to cook;
- The device is covered with a lid, meanwhile, a fire is made under it;
- The branches that are inside smolder from the increased temperature;
- Ultimately, it turns out that the products are baked and at the same time smoked from the branches..
The disadvantage of such a product is that it is difficult to find it on sale, and if it is found, then the price seems rather high. Thus, barbecues with a metal roof, photos of which are presented in a wide variety, as well as products with a smokehouse, are the best solution for a summer kitchen and a successful picnic in any weather..
Modern brazier with a smokehouse on the terrace in eclectic style
Stationary grill with a smokehouse
Brazier with a metal smokehouse, located on a spacious balcony of a private house
Braziers “American barbecue”
Such varieties of barbecues are often round, and not rectangular, as we are used to seeing them. The main difference between this design and the barbecue is that frying is done on the grill. Not only coals can be used, but also open fire. Therefore, the sides of such a barbecue are higher than those of other products. The cost of “American barbecue” exceeds the cost of many similar products, but many people who bought such a product consider this fact to be quite justified. Barbecues located on the terrace near the house or bath are especially popular..
Convenient and lightweight metal barbecue grill
BBQ woman in the courtyard of a private house
Barbecue on the terrace of a private house in a Scandinavian style
In this case, it is worth taking into account a few tips from professionals..
- The brazier should not be located under trees or near bushes.
- Sheds for adaptation should not be made of film, fabric.
- Consider the wind rose so that when frying, smoke does not enter the windows of the house..
- Equip a special area for the installation of a barbecue – a recreation area.
If the grill is placed on the ground, then the platform under it should be made of a special material – stone, tiles, during the rains this will contribute to an excellent picnic.
Brazier with a smokehouse, located on the veranda
A metal brazier with a smokehouse on a tile platform is the safest option
BBQ on the balcony
A metal brazier with a chimney can be located indoors
Before you make your own brazier with your own hands from metal, drawings, photos are the first thing you should pay attention to. At the first stage of the construction of the product, certain materials will be required.
- Sheet metal;
- Fastening materials;
- Welding machine;
- Electric drill (or manual);
- Sledgehammer / hammer;
- Corner for legs with a pipe;
- Measuring materials.
Next, you need to familiarize yourself in detail with the manufacturing technology of this element..
Stylish and bright brazier made from a metal bucket
Beautiful brazier with forging elements, made from a gas cylinder
We make a brazier with our own hands
Do-it-yourself braziers made of metal (sizes, photos are presented below), as we have already noted, are different, in practice we will consider an example of the construction of the simplest structure (for 8 skewers). Skewers should not act as hindrances one for one, but there should not be too large gaps between them. A classic skewer can hold about 5 pieces of meat products, and the depth is determined using practical methods. Food should not be located far from the coals, but not too close, otherwise it will burn. The distance from the top of the product to the ground is most conveniently based on the height of the cook..
It is best to choose an element such as a metal barbecue scheme – a photo. You can use ready-made schematic solutions for typical projects, this will save time and greatly simplify your task. The drawing of the barbecue should be simple, according to the markings, the front from the back wall can be 70 * 20 cm, the bottom – 70 * 28 cm, the piers – 28 * 20 cm.Further, the elements are cut using a grinder, small slots made in advance will allow you to fix the skewers. Air intake holes are made.
The scheme of making a barbecue from a metal barrel
Detailed diagram of the manufacture of a barbecue
- For the manufacture of legs, it is advisable to use a corner measuring 20 * 20 cm, as well as cabinets of at least 20 cm.
- Using tubes, you can create a collapsible structure using an additional 4 bolts that are welded to each of the tubes.
- If you want to make a brazier with the option of smoking, you will need to additionally weld corners to the inner area 7-10 cm from the bottom.
- If desired, it will be possible to build a canopy or a special shelf for coal, as well as add a hook.
Thus, a brazier made of metal, a photo, a diagram, the drawings of which are presented in wide abundance, can become a real decoration of your site and an excellent assistant in organizing any picnic and leisure..
Barbecue care: features
In this situation, it is recommended to use the expert opinion and advice of professionals..
- It is forbidden to pour cold or hot water on a brazier that has just “worked out”, because due to temperature changes, various deformations may occur.
- If it is necessary to remove numb fat from the product, this can be done using an ordinary rag with sand.
- It is periodically recommended to lubricate the grill with oil applied to a clean rag. Thanks to this approach, the product will become protected from the influence of external weather conditions..
Stationary brazier made of metal with a lid and a smokehouse
Built-in metal brazier
Requirements regarding the care of the product differ depending on its type, type and shape, however, in general, they remain the same. Thus, a properly created structure and correctly operated is the dream of every person who loves hiking, so approach the manufacture of this necessary element of leisure responsibly, and in return you will receive home comfort with delicious food..