The combination of red and white colors in the interior
The sofa is the furniture that every apartment has. Sometimes it is used as an additional place to sit and rest, and sometimes as a main place to sleep. In any case, in order to choose the right sofa, you need to know a number of important criteria and features..
Gray color in the design of the style of modernism
When choosing a sofa, a lot of small details are important, which only a specialist can see and discern, but for the most ordinary buyer, the following criteria are important.
- Sewing quality. This is something that will be noticeable to the naked eye. It is worth paying attention to the evenness of the lines, the absence of frayed threads, the density and strength of the cover, if any. After all, the sofa just stands in the store, and if you start to use it intensively, it can just fall apart.
- Frame material. Possible options: chipboard, plywood, wood, metal. The first option is not reliable, it is impossible to load such material too much, although such a sofa should be much cheaper at a price. Plywood is already a better option, and the metal is generally perfect. Among the optimal ones, experts and users call a wooden frame. This is the best value for money.
- The type of filler used. Its quality, as well as its density, are of great importance and have an impact on convenience. Today, polyurethane foam is mainly used, and its density should not be lower than 25.
Small bedroom with work area
Soft corner, consisting of separate sections
Important! To reduce the cost of sofas that have an excellent appearance, they stuff foam rubber. This is the worst option, because it will sag very quickly..
A person constantly comes into contact with it when using a sofa in an apartment. Therefore, special attention should be paid to the upholstery. Plus, it is its structure, the color that sets the tone for the room: they support the style or fall out of it..
From a huge range of upholstery materials, you can choose the most suitable option
Upholstery fabric options:
- Corduroy or velvet. They have a similar appearance – the front part is ribbed, the back is smooth. The fabric has a beautiful overflow and different density options. These materials are considered to be durable, and they are also pleasant to the touch. It is easy to remove dirt from them with the help of special products..
- Flock is the most durable, environmentally friendly and safe material for a sofa. Outwardly, it looks very much like velvet, but it consists of 65% synthetic fibers, which ensures high performance. For painting, hypoallergenic materials are used, due to which it becomes possible to buy a sofa with such upholstery even in a house where there are allergy sufferers. The only significant drawback is the accumulation of static electricity and a slight creak of the fabric itself. Also, it should be covered with a blanket, since the material loses its primary appearance quickly enough. fourteen
- Jacquard is a dense, elegant fabric that is very often used for upholstery. It practically does not wear out and does not fade, due to which it remains like new, very dense for many years. But at the same time, such a sofa upholstery should be chosen only when it is installed in an apartment with a classic design. In addition, if the family has small children or pets, you should not choose this option – it cannot be cleaned.
- Leather. The material is expensive and valuable, but not suitable for every apartment. It is more often used for sofas that are installed in offices or offices..
Important! The choice of one or another upholstery option must be correlated with the surrounding design. The sofa should complement it.
Since it is not always possible to separate different functional areas in apartments, the sofa sometimes becomes a place to sleep. In this case, it is useful to take a closer look at the folding mechanism..
Note: the most primitive among the mechanisms is the “Eurobook”. This is the standard and affordable option..
True, the convenience of sleeping on it is questionable, moreover, it will have to be constantly moved away from the wall. The “click-gag” mechanism is almost the same, only the backrest can be installed not in one, but in several positions.
Sofa transformation mechanisms
Something else is a “French book”. In order to unfold it, you will need to pull the leg seat towards you. If they are not very strong, then under the weight of a large person they can give way.
Bright paintings will dilute the monochrome interior
Bright living area
The draw-out mechanism is convenient to use. Its main advantage is more space for the sleeper. An excellent option for a large room, as it takes up a lot of space when unfolded.
Note: a variation of such a mechanism is the “accordion”, which is considered the most optimal option..
The above are technical criteria, but it is also worth focusing on others that directly depend on lifestyle, habits and other things..
When buying, do not ask the seller which of the sofas is the most comfortable. You need to feel the comfort for yourself. Sit on furniture, lie down – most stores do not prohibit doing this. It is important to feel comfortable, and if it works out, the sofa is worth taking.
Advice! To choose the most comfortable model, it is worth visiting the store at the end of the working week in the evening, when a person is already quite tired and it is rather difficult for him to choose a comfortable position..
A lot depends on how exactly the sofa will be used. So, for those who like to lie in front of the TV, you should choose a soft model with many pillows. For those who can and work sitting on it – with a straight back.
Concrete ceiling in a modern interior
3D panels in the decoration of the fireplace area
They should not be dominant when going to the store, but you can take them into account. So, designers advise:
- Concise models of simple shapes.
- Light, solid pastel shades.
- Lack of pretentious details that will classify it as a particular style.
The advice is quite logical, because with the use of textiles, pillows, such a sofa can be entered into any interior. You can always order a new or additional cover of the desired color and fabric for this furniture..
Choosing a sofa for an apartment is not such a difficult task. The main thing is to remember that it is not purchased for one or two years, so you should not consider too cheap options, no matter how attractive they look in the store.