Floor hanger for clothes (47 photos): everything for your favorite things
Photo 1 – Correctly selected floor hanger will serve as an aesthetic decorative element
You need to store clothes so that they do not lose their attractiveness, and finding the right outfit has always been easy. But what will it be – a few nails hammered into the wall, or a stylish and sleek floor hanger? A floor hanger for clothes can become not only a functional item, but also a significant element of the interior, adding notes of a certain style and charm to it.
Pros and cons of floor hangers
The main disadvantage of the floor construction is its dubious stability, especially for inexpensive products. But if you think in advance for which things the future hanger will be used, you can choose a high-quality, fairly stable and safe model..
Photo 2 – Stylish wooden floor hanger in eco style
Advantages of floor hangers:
- Mobility. This part is easy to move to another location. If you have made a rearrangement, renovation, added a new element of the interior to the room, or vice versa – freed up space from unnecessary things, perhaps now the hanger will look more harmonious in another place.
Photo 3 – One of the main advantages of a floor hanger is mobility
- Lack of installation work. Wall hangers often require holes in the wall, which will damage the decorative finish. When dismantling, the holes will be visible, and the fragment of the wall will have to be repaired. If you no longer need the floor-standing garment holder, simply hide it in the utility room in minutes.
Photo 4 – Neat white floor hanger
Photo 5 – Laconic wooden floor hanger
- Wide range of models. You can choose a floor hanger for any interior style, for any type of clothing, accessories and even shoes. They differ in size, material of manufacture, external design..
Photo 6 – You can choose a floor hanger for any style of interior, for any type of clothing, accessories and even shoes
Photo 7 – An unusual floor hanger in the form of a mannequin will become an original element of your interior
Wooden clothes hanger
A wooden hanger is the most popular option. The wood is strong and durable, therefore, such a hanger will be stable and reliable. On sale there are lacquered and painted products, carved models, as well as the most concise ones, which, by the way, you can make yourself. A wooden stand for clothes will be appropriate in many styles – from traditional classics to a trendy loft. Such a hanger will decorate a country-style room, as well as a room in a modern eco-style.
Photo 8 – Wooden floor hanger combines environmental friendliness, stability and durability
Photo 9 – Wooden floor hanger looks good in an urban interior
Clothes hanger floor metal
Such a hanger has an impressive weight, so there is no doubt about its stability. Most often, metal hangers are made of chrome-plated aluminum, which can be painted in a variety of colors. Separately, it should be said about wrought iron floor hangers. These are products that are not inferior in practical qualities to ordinary metal ones, but have increased aesthetic properties. A wrought iron hanger is a unique and elegant decoration of your hallway or veranda..
Photo 10 – Convenient and practical floor hanger
Clothes hanger floor IKEA
Holders in a variety of materials can be found at IKEA. The IKEA hanger can also be a combination of materials. For example, plastic hangers, due to their low weight, are unstable, so manufacturers use a plastic-metal hybrid. Also, metal and wooden hangers are equipped with rubber or plastic tips for hooks (so as not to spoil clothes) and legs (to protect the flooring).
Photo 11 – Floor hanger from IKEA – functional, convenient and practical
- Outdoor is a generalized concept that includes several varieties of this piece of furniture.
Photo 12 – Unpretentious floor hanger I am in bright colors
- Tripod. This is a vertically mounted tripod with hooks for clothes and hats at the top. Often, such hangers have a few more hooks at the belt level (for bags) or a horizontally located hoop (for cane umbrellas). For stability, the bottom of the structure is designed like a tripod or equipped with a flat base.
Photo 13 – Hanger-tripod
- Hanger basket. This model is similar to the previous one, but its base is a drawer or basket. It is convenient to store umbrellas here, perhaps you can adapt the basket for storing slippers, bags or bags, dog leash, clothing and shoe care products.
Photo 14 – Floor hanger with a basket at the bottom
- Hanger chair. The model really looks like a wide, high-backed chair. You can sit on the seat to change your shoes comfortably, and there can be a shelf for shoes under the seat. On the so-called back of the hanger-chair there are horizontal slats with hooks for clothes and, possibly, a shelf for hats..
Photo 15 – Hanger-chair
- Hanger rack. In shape, such a hanger resembles the letter “P”. The top bar can be provided with hooks or designed to hold clothes on a hanger. Although it is quite reasonable to combine these two types of storage on one system. A type of rack-hanger – “P” -shaped hanger on wheels. Rack hangers are rarely installed in hallways due to their large size and dubious aesthetic properties. But in the dressing room, such a detail will have to be in place..
Photo 16 – Hanger rack
- Suit hanger. Compact in size, this model is designed exclusively for trousers and jackets. Usually one item can hold one set of clothes, but more expensive options are designed so that you can place several suits on them..
Photo 17 – Suit hanger
- Custom hangers. These are designer items made in the form of a branchy tree, an armful of pencils or a multi-armed robot. This is an option for those who love original interior items. By the way, creating an exclusive hanger on your own will not be difficult..
Photo 18 – Designer floor hanger in the form of a tree
Photo 19 – The original asymmetric floor hanger
Do-it-yourself floor hanger
You can make a floor hanger from an old floor lamp. Remove the wire, remove the lampshade – you have a tripod on a stand ready. It remains to attach the hooks for the clothes. If the lampshade was a wire frame covered with fabric, this wire will perfectly serve as a material for making hooks..
Photo 20 – DIY floor hanger
Another option is an old, branched tree, such as a cherry, that no longer bears fruit. Chop down the tree, peel off bark and twigs, sandpaper and reinforce on the chosen substrate. Consider the length and location of the twigs that will serve as hooks for your clothes. You can open the hanger with paint or varnish and even decorate with decorative leaves. Children will like this accessory..
Photo 21 – Do-it-yourself floor hanger made of a tree branch, painted silver
Photo 22 – Handmade rustic floor hanger
You can make a kind of costume hanger, and quite compact, from an old wooden chair. Our video will tell about this. Happy viewing!