Bottle holder for the kitchen and cargo systems (80+ photos): types, sizes, review of models and ideas for bottle holders with their own hands
Stylish and concise storage system for the kitchen
Convenient when all kitchen utensils are at hand. To organize such a space, you will need lockers, drawers and special storage systems. Not so long ago, they came up with a convenient section for storing bottles and cans, which is called a bottle holder, or cargo. It looks like an ordinary locker, moves forward, it is very convenient to place all kinds of banks in it. Special fasteners securely fix containers on the shelves and prevent them from falling out or turning over when opened.
Sophisticated storage systems, cabinets and kitchen niches help keep order effortlessly
Cargo systems include not only bottle holders, but also convenient modules for storing kitchen utensils
The functionality of this system is the convenient storage of bottles. Most often, such an accessory is placed near the stove, sometimes two devices are made on both sides. Thanks to the clever and convenient system, you can place baking trays, detergents, paper towels or cereals here. We can say that this is a multifunctional locker.
Spacious vertical storage system will save you a lot of useful space in the kitchen
The original option for storing bottles
If you decide to store canned food or water on such shelves, then place them near the work areas. For detergents, the bottle holder is mounted next to the sink. For oils and cereals, placing closer to the stove is suitable..
Advice! You can use the bottle-holder as a bar for alcoholic beverages: in this case, it is better to place it near the dining area..
Loft style minibar
Using such a storage system, you will notice how convenient it is to use it, since you do not have to take out all the jars to find the one you need. From the bottle, you will get only the required item.
On a note! Cleaning will become easier, since you do not need to constantly sort and place small items in places.
Stylish designer kitchen cabinet with shelf system and bottle holder in dusty blue
Cargo in the kitchen – a multifunctional system
Due to the fact that the basket is made of metal rods, you can see what lies in it, and the pull-out design is much more convenient than the shelf. By pulling out the cargo, you will take the desired item and, after use, easily put it in place.
Cargo are gaining more and more popularity compared to conventional shelves.
The products offered by the industry differ in several ways:
- the number of built-in levels;
- ways of securing.
Most often, there are two-level models on which bottles of different heights are placed. You can find three-tier options, but in this case, high capacities will not fit.
This way of storing bottles on the wall is the “highlight” of the interior.
The basket is fixed inside the cabinet on special rails. Can be side or bottom mount.
On a note! The lateral one makes it possible to adjust the facade, and with the lower version, the guides are installed on the bottom of the box. Sometimes the cargo is installed directly on the floor, but for this the flooring must be perfectly flat..
Most often you can find bottle holders with a width of 100-450 mm. The most popular is the 200 mm wide option. If you purchase a storage system in a store, then the kit should include installation instructions and fasteners.
Snow-white kitchen with built-in bottle cabinet
Modern bright interior in Art Nouveau style
The first step is to measure a niche and acquire a retractable model that fits in size. To install a two-tier model, you need to do the following:
- The guides are measured, which will be mounted by eye: it all depends on the dimensions of the box. Be sure to measure the height of the containers that will be placed in the upper tier. For proper operation, there must be space between the back of the cabinet and the fittings, as well as the front..
- Places for fixing the guides are marked on the side wall. They must first be removed from the fittings and secured. After that, the cargo is inserted.
- It remains to assemble the box and install the facade on which the handle is mounted.
Don’t take cheap options as they can be of poor quality. With a small budget, make the system yourself. When choosing a ready-made option, pay attention to the following points:
- cheap materials will lead to a quick breakdown of the product;
- fittings must be of high quality, in which case it will last a long time;
- for installation it is better to invite a professional master, then the work will be done with high quality.
Black and white minimalism with a cargo wardrobe
To work, you need to purchase some materials:
- self-tapping screws;
- acrylic paint.
You will also need tools:
Bottom built-in module for cargo
The work is carried out in the following sequence:
- rectangles 40 by 45 cm are marked and cut out of plywood;
- holes are outlined and drilled in which bottles will be placed;
- semicircular legs are cut out;
- all edges are sanded with sandpaper;
- the bars are sawn into 18-centimeter pieces (4 pieces in total), each of them is well sanded with sandpaper;
- fix the bars with self-tapping screws, stepping back from the edge of the plywood by 6 cm;
- the finished bottle is primed and covered with acrylic paint, depending on the color scheme of the kitchen;
- the edges of the holes and the bars are painted in a different color to create a specific design.
Cargo installation process
This design will fit into the interior and become a functional system for storing bottles. Such an item can be made using:
You can purchase the product at a retail outlet or prefer custom-made. There are models that are not built into kitchen furniture, then they can be placed in a closet or on a table surface.
Suitable place for cargo – next to the stove
If you want to make the most of your storage system, you should equip it with useful extras, such as coasters for pots, lids or baking trays, and curved towel hooks. However, it should be understood that with the acquisition of all these elements, the cost of the structure increases. It is up to you to decide how much each of the add-ons will be needed..
Convenient storage system for kitchen utensils
- The bottle holder can be placed both in the lower and upper cabinets of furniture: this is a matter of taste and preferences of the owner. Multiple cargo designs can be used in a large headset. You can place them near the stove or one in the upper drawer, the other in the lower.
- For a large room, you can use multi-level options that can be as tall as a person. In this case, stands for baking trays, and a bar for alcoholic drinks, and shelves for canned food and cereals, as well as a towel holder will fit there..
Vertical cabinet with compartments for storing bottles
- It is best to use bottle dividers so that they do not jingle or fall as you move. A convenient addition will be the use of a door closer for soft and smooth closing..
- If you choose options with chrome-plated baskets, the product will last a long period of time without chips and rust.
- This innovation for kitchen furniture will help to fill the voids between the various modules and make the space even more functional. Cargo will allow you to put things in order and organize the placement of small items, bulk products and liquids in your kitchen.